Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Ouzo, the Ultimate Game

Post by Arising_uk »

Ever thought they might use google? :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote: How do you explain the early interest leading up to "The Ouzo Prophecy," based on just a handful of letters?
Because it was a reasonable idea based upon an existing game?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Or everyone has deposited the letter with all the other junk mail from the lunatic fringe.
How do you explain the early interest leading up to "The Ouzo Prophecy," based on just a handful of letters?
Temporary insanity.
When I called the guy from Fleischmann Distillers, who two business days earlier had written, "I am very interested in your idea, call me!" he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. While that could be interpreted as temporary insanity, I believe it was divine intervention to establish the name of the game as Ouzo.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:
bobevenson wrote: How do you explain the early interest leading up to "The Ouzo Prophecy," based on just a handful of letters?
Temporary insanity.
When I called the guy from Fleischmann Distillers, who two business days earlier had written, "I am very interested in your idea, call me!" he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. While that could be interpreted as temporary insanity, I believe it was divine intervention to establish the name of the game as Ouzo.
When first you talked to him, he was being polite, when you called him back, he had forgotten the nonsense.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Temporary insanity.
You are delusional.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Temporary insanity.
You are delusional.
And Bob is the only one who doesn't see it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bobevenson wrote: When I called the guy from Fleischmann Distillers, who two business days earlier had written, "I am very interested in your idea, call me!" he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. While that could be interpreted as temporary insanity, I believe it was divine intervention to establish the name of the game as Ouzo.
You are delusional.
I wonder how many people it would take to repeat that, before he saw the obvious?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Temporary insanity.
When first you talked to him, he was being polite, when you called him back, he had forgotten the nonsense.
No, his letter to me was the only reply expressing interest in the idea, but it was an urgent request to telephone him.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are delusional.
I wonder how many people it would take to repeat that, before he saw the obvious?
I believe that someone on this forum, or perhaps another, used the term "blind denier" and that certainly applies to Bob.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Relating to Ouzo, there have been two mystical letters written to me that defy explanation, the first from the spokesman of the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, who was blown away by "The Ouzo Prophecy," and to whom I had sent the paper just to get a scathing opinion, unlike Biblical commentators who had earlier said they didn't understand it. The second letter was from Fleischmann Distillers, a letter that a company would never have written under normal conditions. However, both letters were instrumental in the further development of Ouzo, and I believe were the result of divine intervention
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

When you email people, do you tell them that you are Robert Merlin Evenson, and do you mention Church of Ouzo?
Are your emails formatted in 125 point bold, and they mention Satan and revelations and anything to do with the Beast?

It's possible that in a world of ubiquitous smartphones, your game that uses random numbers printed on bits of paper is technologically obsolete.

Or else it is rather likely that your emails loudly announce you as a screaming madman to be avoided.

Incidentally, if you are emailing anyone in Europe and they choose to google you, there is a note there saying that "Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe.", which is liable to meet with suspicion.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice to Blob wrote:You are delusional.
thedoc wrote:And Bob is the only one who doesn't see it.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I wonder how many people it would take to repeat that, before he saw the obvious?
I'm going to guess that he already knows, but like a child, he persists in pretending because, as an adult, he doesn't know what he is without it. Carrying on a fantasy... even a completely ignorant one... is preferable to the unknown. He will likely never admit IN FRONT of anyone, how there could be any doubts or holes in his flamboyant delusions, because that would reveal all the truths about what he has ACTUALLY been: a fake, a coward, a liar, an idiot, and a wasteful and disrespectful and destructive little tool of unevolved density. :mrgreen: He has repeatedly demonstrated that there is NOTHING DIVINE for him... and he is NO prophet. He's just flapping his pie hole like a big baby wanting attention.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:Relating to Ouzo, there have been two mystical letters written to me that defy explanation, the first from the spokesman of the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, who was blown away by "The Ouzo Prophecy," and to whom I had sent the paper just to get a scathing opinion, unlike Biblical commentators who had earlier said they didn't understand it. The second letter was from Fleischmann Distillers, a letter that a company would never have written under normal conditions. However, both letters were instrumental in the further development of Ouzo, and I believe were the result of divine intervention
Yet he continues to make a complete ass of himself.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Wait a minute, are all of you saying that the two letters I mentioned are not mystical in nature, that they are both reasonable letters written with clear minds, and not in any way unusual? If you are, I have to seriously question your perspective.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Hobbes' Choice about Blob wrote:Yet he continues to make a complete ass of himself.
Yep, he clearly doesn't know how to do anything other than continually flapping his pie hole like a big baby wanting attention.