This got to me...

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: This got to me...

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Well let's see, religion and the political are both listed in this philosophy forum. Maybe you should explain to Rick Lewis that he comes up far short in understanding what philosophy is all about!
I did when I was mod but it was to late to change it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Why do you quote Obama as if he's some sort of guru of wisdom and all that is good and great? I couldn't give a rat's arse-hole what he thinks about anything. Only a retard talks about mercenary killers as making 'sacrifices'. What 'sacrifices'? I'm sure those pricks are well paid for murdering people.
Besides, any parent who encourages their child to go into the military doesn't give a shit about their child.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why do you quote Obama as if he's some sort of guru of wisdom and all that is good and great? I couldn't give a rat's arse-hole what he thinks about anything. Only a retard talks about mercenary killers as making 'sacrifices'. What 'sacrifices'? I'm sure those pricks are well paid for murdering people.
Besides, any parent who encourages their child to go into the military doesn't give a shit about their child.
You talk like a troglodytic half-wit. No, excuse me, you are a troglodytic half-wit!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Why do you quote Obama as if he's some sort of guru of wisdom and all that is good and great? I couldn't give a rat's arse-hole what he thinks about anything. Only a retard talks about mercenary killers as making 'sacrifices'. What 'sacrifices'? I'm sure those pricks are well paid for murdering people.
You talk like a troglodytic half-wit. No, excuse me, you are a troglodytic half-wit!
I couldn't care less about your insults, they are tame, and don't even redeem themselves with their amusement factor, but an insult should at least be balanced with SOME kind of explanation for its existence. Yours fall flat for that reason. They are simply purposeless wilo-the-wisps, floating on the edge of consciousness.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Floating on the edge of consciousness.
Yes, that's a good self-description of yourself!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

“I think the Republican nominee is unfit to serve as president,”

“There has to come a point at which you say ‘enough,’” the president declared.

Obama cited Trump’s bitter public feud with Khizr and Ghazala Khan. Their son Humayun, a 27-year-old Muslim American Army captain, was killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq in 2004.

“The notion that he would attack a Gold Star family that had made such extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country, the fact that he doesn’t appear to have basic knowledge around critical issues in Europe, in the Middle East, in Asia, means that he’s woefully unprepared to do this job,”
~ Esteemed President Barack Hussein Obama ~
44th President of these United States
August 2, 2016

Should Trump withdraw from the Republican National Committee nomination?

Is Trump actually a Republican?

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

He is unfit to do anything that serves the public. Only self-serving.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Dalek Prime wrote:He is unfit to do anything that serves the public. Only self-serving.

Obama? True!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Melchior wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:He is unfit to do anything that serves the public. Only self-serving.

Obama? True!
Oooo, clever monkey. :roll:
magickagate

Post by magickagate »

Does anyone find it hypocritical that the Dems put the Kahns up there and then nominated for president a woman who's husband was a draft dodger?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft.
Selective Service Number is 326 46 228.

Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07, 1969, under authority of COL. E. Holmes.

Clinton signs enlistment papers and takes oath of enlistment for ROTC program.

Bill Clinton reclassified 1- A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes.

Bill Clinton’s birth date lottery number is 311, drawn December 1, 1969.

End of story.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

magickagate wrote:Does anyone find it hypocritical that the Dems put the Kahns up there and then nominated for president a woman who's husband was a draft dodger?
Actually, every draft dodger should be considered a hero in the fight against government tyranny!
magickagate

Post by magickagate »

Maybe this is or isn't well known but young men used to register for the ROTC in the '60's to get out of military service. I've overheard several guys laugh about it.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) are a group of college-based officer training programs for training commissioned officers of the United States Armed Forces.

ROTC officers serve in all branches of the U.S. armed forces (although the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Coast Guard do not have their own respective ROTC programs, graduates of ROTC programs do currently serve as Marine Corps and Coast Guard officers).

In 2010, ROTC graduates constituted 38.5 percent of newly commissioned U.S. Army officers, 1.8 percent of newly commissioned U.S. Marine Corps officers (through NROTC), 16.7 percent of newly commissioned U.S. Navy officers, and 38.1 percent of newly commissioned U.S. Air Force officers, for a combined 30 percent of all active duty officers in the Department of Defense commissioned that year.

Under ROTC, a student may receive a competitive, merit-based scholarship
, covering all or part of college tuition, in return for an obligation of active military service after graduation.

...so, there's that...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
...so, there's that...[/size].
Did he do any active military service then?

You also missed this from your wiki edit,

"...

Colonel Eugene Holmes, the Army officer who had been involved with Clinton's ROTC application, suspected that Clinton attempted to manipulate the situation to avoid the draft and avoid serving in uniform. He issued a notarized statement during the 1992 presidential campaign:

I was informed by the draft board that it was of interest to Senator Fulbright's office that Bill Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, should be admitted to the ROTC program ... I believe that he purposely deceived me, using the possibility of joining the ROTC as a ploy to work with the draft board to delay his induction and get a new draft classification.[21]

During the 1992 campaign it was revealed that Clinton's uncle had attempted to secure him a position in the Navy Reserve, which would have kept him from going to Vietnam. This effort was unsuccessful and Clinton said in 1992 that he had been unaware of it until then.[22] Although legal, Clinton's actions with respect to the draft and deciding whether to serve in the military were criticized by conservatives and some Vietnam veterans during his first presidential campaign, some of whom charged that he had used Fulbright's influence to avoid military service.[23][24] Clinton's 1992 campaign manager, James Carville, successfully argued that Clinton's letter in which he declined to join the ROTC should be made public, insisting that voters, many of whom had also opposed the Vietnam War, would understand and appreciate his position. ..."Wiki- Bill Clinton.