This got to me...

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: This got to me...

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If I understand what you are trying to emphasize is, Colonel Eugene Holmes had a feeling that Bill Clinton was being deceitful.

Don't want to say that feelings can be a bit less reliable than cold, hard facts but - that's what I'm saying.

Colonel Eugene Holme's feelings are legitimate. But they still are just feelings. Just a slice of an individuals ever changing emotions...

...I actually knew about Colonel Eugene Holme's feelings at that time. Chose to leave them out for I don't consider feelings factually relevant. However if you feel that feelings are relevant in forming your opinion - I give them to you.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Lmao! Given you are all about your feelings.

He gave his real name surely that means he's trustworthy?

You didn't answer, did Clinton do his active service?
magickagate

Post by magickagate »

Bill
If Colonel Holmes was ticked off enough about possibly having gotten tricked by BC and went on record in a noterized statement then it's really more than a matter of feelings. Remember this is a military man who made this statement. He was putting his reputation on the line!
To a man like Colonel Holmes who obviously made a home for himself in the armed forces; the idea that BC would seek to use influence to escape military duty then years later seek to become Commander-In-Chief must have been deeply offensive.
And to compare the ROTC of today to what it was back in the sixties isn't fare. With the elimination if the draft the ROTC became what it was meant to be; a stepping stone to those seeking a career in the military. But in the 60's it was often used by those young men blessed with being the sons of wealth and/or those with political connections as a way to avoid military service.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If Colonel Holmes was ticked off enough about possibly having gotten tricked by BC

I give you this feeling, this intuition, if that is what you wish to cling to. Go ahead. Take it. It's yours.

For me, I will accept this tremendously powerful image of Khizr Kahn & his wife, on July 28, 2016 at the Democratic National Convention.

Father of slain Muslim US soldier to Donald Trump: 'You have sacrificed nothing and no one'

This simple statement , made by a Muslim, living in America, actually changed, not only this 2016 presidential election, but has significantly changed the perception of the republican party.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

So did Clinton do his active military service? If not then him, Trump and Bush all pretty much the same in this respect.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Military service should just be another job operated by a profit-making company evaluated and controlled by the government. And like any private company, employees should be able to quit at any time. Obviously, since a military job can have a high risk of death or injury, it probably requires a high salary that most taxpayers are resistant to pay and are therefore more comfortable with the present quasi-slave system.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The Clinton surrogates were out in-force this last weekend upon this very specific talking point...And I see where you are going...

And - Okay, I get it. There are MANY ways to serve this country in the realm of direct governmental association.

YES - I give-in to you, I admit,...Bill Clinton served this country as:

• The attorney general of Arkansas. Elected 1976.
  • In 1978 he won the governorship, becoming the youngest governor the country had seen in 40 years.

Bill Clinton
    once again served his country as the President of these United States in 1992.

AND I get it - Donald Trump obtained no less than 4 student deferments in order to avoid the possibility of being drafted.

When that would no longer work Trump obtained a medical deferment for a supposed bone spur in his leg. Years later when asked which leg was it? Trump’s answer, “I forgot.”

So yes, I understand it looks as though Donald Trump is a coward. I’m not ready to say that but - I know THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE GOING. I’m not going to fall for your trap. I get it - Bill Clinton has served his country for many years and in many ways. Trump has not served his country...even when he was asked to. END OF STORY!

...oh, & BTW...there actually IS a topic for this thread! [/size]

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Yes, and if you remember, this was my response:
Please, just because a Muslim was a war hero does not negate the fact that virtually every case of worldwide terrorism has an Islamic connection, nor does it negate the fact that there is no outcry from "peace-loving" Muslims, who I believe tacitly support what the terrorists are doing in support of the Quran, even though they wouldn't do it themselves.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yes, and I TOLD YOU - Comparing a genuine decorated Muslim-American war hero to the coward that you portray as Donald Trump is an argument that I am NOT going to pursue. YOU WIN. I get it - Trump is a coward. Let's move on.

I am not here to bash Trump.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
And - Okay, I get it. There are MANY ways to serve this country in the realm of direct governmental association. ...
I get it as well, he didn't do any active military service. He dodged the draft along with all the other rich kids.
AND I get it - Donald Trump obtained no less than 4 student deferments in order to avoid the possibility of being drafted.
And Clinton did no less than two and then his uncle used his political connections to a senator which led the military to believe that a draft reclassification was in order which meant he had no chance of going to Vietnam.
So yes, I understand it looks as though Donald Trump is a coward. I’m not ready to say that but - I know THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE GOING. I’m not going to fall for your trap. I get it - Bill Clinton has served his country for many years and in many ways. Trump has not served his country...even when he was asked to. END OF STORY!
Neither did Clinton so by your lights both are cowards.

So if Trump become President you'll be happy that he is now serving his country?

One can also serve one's country in a productive manner other than govt service, i.e. running a business and employing people. Trump has done this, has Clinton?
...oh, & BTW...there actually IS a topic for this thread! [/size].
Is there? I thought your OP was about your feelings and I thought you said, "I don't consider feelings factually relevant", so there is nothing really to talk about.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Yes, and I TOLD YOU - Comparing a genuine decorated Muslim-American war hero to the coward that you portray as Donald Trump is an argument that I am NOT going to pursue. YOU WIN. I get it - Trump is a coward. Let's move on. I am not here to bash Trump.
First of all, not only does your response not make any sense, but secondly, I can't find where you ever said it before on this thread. That's two strikes, do you want to try for a walk?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
Yes, and I TOLD YOU - Comparing a genuine decorated Muslim-American war hero to the coward that you portray as Donald Trump is an argument that I am NOT going to pursue. YOU WIN. I get it - Trump is a coward. Let's move on. I am not here to bash Trump.

Don't know how many times you need for me to repeat this mantra?

I TOLD YOU - You may be comfortable in having Donald J Trump being called a coward & a draft dodger. I AM NOT there yet. END OF STORY!!!

...oh, & for the active poster above...help me out - What exactly is Bill Clinton running for?

...why would Bill Clinton be considered part of this thread? [scratches head]

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...oh, & for the active poster above...help me out - What exactly is Bill Clinton running for?[/size].
Second draft-dodging ex-president who likes sending others to fight.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Okay...[scratches head] That's an elected office?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

No, it's a fact and if Trump gets in he might make it a hat-trick.