~ Has Anyone Here Had A Brush With Greatness? ~

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: ~ Has Anyone Here Had A Brush With Greatness? ~

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:I was very friendly with Jack Nance; star of EraserHead, and a good friend of Darwin Joston the star of the cult film Assault on Precinct Thirteen.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074156/?re ... lmg_act_13

I was also speaking to Bobbie Brown today' I've known her for about a year. Though she was in Flash Gordon, she is mainly "Theatre Darling"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1831737/?ref_=fn_al_nm_3

Also mets: Mariah Aiken, Lesley Philips and Simon Williams. If those names mean anything to you guys.

People are really just people and famous people are those doing a famous job.
I've seen Eraserhead. OMG lol. I would never have picked that the lead actor and Jack Nance were the same person.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:I was very friendly with Jack Nance; star of EraserHead, and a good friend of Darwin Joston the star of the cult film Assault on Precinct Thirteen.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074156/?re ... lmg_act_13

I was also speaking to Bobbie Brown today' I've known her for about a year. Though she was in Flash Gordon, she is mainly "Theatre Darling"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1831737/?ref_=fn_al_nm_3

Also mets: Mariah Aiken, Lesley Philips and Simon Williams. If those names mean anything to you guys.

People are really just people and famous people are those doing a famous job.
I've seen Eraserhead. OMG lol. I would never have picked that the lead actor and Jack Nance were the same person.
I knew him a couple of years after the HAIR!!
Jack
Jack
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.51.38.png (31.77 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.52.48.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.52.48.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
As for Bobbie - she's not quite so good looking at the age of 65 but she is an absolute scream, and has a very cheeky sense of humour. You can imagine the Double entendres in sculpture!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.53.08.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.53.08.png (21.36 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

I've met quite a few 'famous' people. But it's almost been like "Forrest Gump" for me (very serendipitous) and I get the impression that when or where I've mentioned some, others are or may be dubious. My brother too has met many but often comes across as namedropping and so I feel even more odd to bother saying anything unless its brought up in context.
vegetariantaxidermy

Scott Mayers wrote:I've met quite a few 'famous' people. But it's almost been like "Forrest Gump" for me (very serendipitous) and I get the impression that when or where I've mentioned some, others are or may be dubious. My brother too has met many but often comes across as namedropping and so I feel even more odd to bother saying anything unless its brought up in context.
Do tell.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Scott Mayers wrote:I've met quite a few 'famous' people. But it's almost been like "Forrest Gump" for me (very serendipitous) and I get the impression that when or where I've mentioned some, others are or may be dubious. My brother too has met many but often comes across as namedropping and so I feel even more odd to bother saying anything unless its brought up in context.
Do tell.
I can't/shouldn't for privacy reasons.

But it just made me realize how funny it is for those who are religious and claim to have spoken or seen their god. Next time someone says they know Jesus, for instance, I'll have to remember to flip out in extreme awe of them and ask if they got an autograph!! :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Do these count?

> I attended a retreat and got to dance with Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (head of the Sufi order in the West)... one of the most visually illuminated people I've ever seen.

> Oh, and I also got to dance down the streets of Telluride, Colorado right between Mickey Hart and Baba Olatunji and his Nigerian drummers, right after a Grateful Dead show.

But I still think greatness is in all... and everywhere. :D
Last edited by Lacewing on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Scott Mayers wrote:
Do tell.

But it just made me realize how funny it is for those who are religious and claim to have spoken or seen their god. Next time someone says they know Jesus, for instance, I'll have to remember to flip out in extreme awe of them and ask if they got an autograph!! :lol:
Why? Were they clients?
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Scott Mayers wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Do tell.

Why? Were they clients?
No no! I'm referring to the fact that I'm using my actual name online and so prefer my personal information not be potentially used. In person I don't mind, though.

P.S. You'll be surprised though that even in forums like these, you'd likely come across one or two people every now and then without knowing!!
vegetariantaxidermy

Scott Mayers wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Why? Were they clients?
No no! I'm referring to the fact that I'm using my actual name online and so prefer my personal information not be potentially used. In person I don't mind, though.

P.S. You'll be surprised though that even in forums like these, you'd likely come across one or two people every now and then without knowing!!
I didn't think about it being your real name. :lol: But you've got us intrigued now.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Scott Mayers wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Why? Were they clients?

I didn't think about it being your real name. :lol: But you've got us intrigued now.
I'm not famous. ....yet? [Perhaps if I get my physics theory done and published. But even then, the way things tend to go with things like science and philosophy, many of them get their recognition long after they've been dead.]
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.52.48.png

As for Bobbie - she's not quite so good looking at the age of 65 but she is an absolute scream, and has a very cheeky sense of humour. You can imagine the Double entendres in sculpture!
I see that Leslie Phillips is still alive at 92 and got married three years ago!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.52.48.png

I see that Leslie Phillips is still alive at 92 and got married three years ago!
I thought he died already!

The old darlin' !
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I say, Ding Dong

Lumme! I heard he hated being asked to do that phrase in public.

Hello! Just noticed that we share the same birthday, along with Adolf.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:I say, Ding Dong

Lumme! I heard he hated being asked to do that phrase in public.

Hello! Just noticed that we share the same birthday, along with Adolf.
Nice!

Anyway he was a lovely chap, camp as a row of tents and ever so charming.