Goodbye Leo

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Goodbye Leo

Post by Dalek Prime »

You were nice enough bloke. You explained things I didn't understand and gave me a new interest in physics. And you seemed to care. Your daughter is at a close university to me, and I wish I could send my condolences to her. I strongly suspect you had a good relationship with her, and I know she is missing you now. I hope she can read this here.

For a person online, I liked and respected you.

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Goodbye Leo

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dalek Prime wrote:You were nice enough bloke. You explained things I didn't understand and gave me a new interest in physics. And you seemed to care. Your daughter is at a close university to me, and I wish I could send my condolences to her. I strongly suspect you had a good relationship with her, and I know she is missing you now. I hope she can read this here.

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
I wondered what happened to him. Do you mean 'obvious leo'?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Sorry. Double post.
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:You were nice enough bloke. You explained things I didn't understand and gave me a new interest in physics. And you seemed to care. Your daughter is at a close university to me, and I wish I could send my condolences to her. I strongly suspect you had a good relationship with her, and I know she is missing you now. I hope she can read this here.

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
Yeah. :( I'm finding myself quite saddened by this, and I don't know why. I've never met him. Yet I am.
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dalek Prime wrote:

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
Yeah. :( I'm finding myself quite saddened by this, and I don't know why. I've never him. Yet I am.
That's sad. He was one of the best posters on here, I would say the best. I thought he was Australian.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Dalek Prime wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I wondered what happened to him. Do you mean 'obvious leo'?
Yeah. :( I'm finding myself quite saddened by this, and I don't know why. I've never him. Yet I am.
That's sad. He was one of the best posters on here, if not the best. I thought he was Australian.
He adopted Australia, and was proudly so. Yes, he was a benefit to this forum.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Yeah. :( I'm finding myself quite saddened by this, and I don't know why. I've never him. Yet I am.
That's sad. He was one of the best posters on here, if not the best. I thought he was Australian.
I'm sorry to say that I didn't notice that obvious leo was not posting. How did you find out, could you tell me where it was stated?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: That's sad. He was one of the best posters on here, if not the best. I thought he was Australian.
I'm sorry to say that I didn't notice that obvious leo was not posting. How did you find out, could you tell me where it was stated?
This is where I came in doc. Perhaps further back on this thread. I'm almost too weak.from food poisoning to check. Sorry.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18654&p=265762#p265762
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
What, Leo Died??
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
What, Leo Died??
Sadly, yes.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dalek Prime wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

Goodbye Leo. God bless.
What, Leo Died??
Sadly, yes.
Is that certain? If so, all I have to say is BUMMER! I'd much rather him be here, arguing with me! ;-)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

I hadn't heard... and I've been wondering. So sad.

Here's the last PM communication I received from him on May 10th:
Hi Lacewing,

Thank you for your concern. I've been having some serious health problems to deal with in recent times and have therefore been devoting my time to rewriting and editing a number of significant essays which are crucial to my philosophy. At this stage I'm not sure if I'll be interested in contributing to more general discussions in philosophy forums while so much of my own work remains so scattered and incomplete. The clock is running down on me.

Regards, Obvious Leo
I'm glad to have "known" him in this very small online way.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: He adopted Australia, and was proudly so. Yes, he was a benefit to this forum.
This is where I came in doc. Perhaps further back on this thread. I'm almost too weak.from food poisoning to check. Sorry.

Still suffering from it? You need lots of water to avoid dehydration.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Still suffering from it? You need lots of water to avoid dehydration.
I'm not a medical doctor, but I would think that lots of water would help to flush the poison out of your system.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Goodbye Leo I did not always agree with you but it was obvious that you possessed a deep knowledge and understanding
of the philosophy of science and especially physics. You leave behind a substantial body of work here at Philosophy Now
that anyone can access demonstrating what you had learned in the last forty years. So Rest In Peace now. Rest In Peace