Holy crap!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Holy crap!

Post by Arising_uk »

Oh! The insight! I weep salt tears every night bob that I don't live in fear of the loon with an assault rifle. :lol:

Please Oh Lord! Grant me the boon of a concealed weapon so I can kill my fellow man as you commanded. :roll:
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

bobevenson wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:If any of those people carried a concealed weapon, most of them would still be alive and uninjured.
There's probably some truth in this...
Actually, there's a lot truth in it, and regardless of the various scenarios that might have been played out, the bottom line is that fewer people would have been killed or injured if at least a couple of people had concealed weapons to confront the gunman.
Actually Bob, if we want to get technical (Or truthful) the only way to have 'fewer people killed or injured' Is to outlaw guns. The less people who have guns the less likely people will be killed or injured. That is a fact.

This argument you and gun enthusiasts are making is not logical. You are better off sticking to the argument that owning guns is about freedom, then that is a better argument...because the only argument one could make against that is, "how much freedom should mankind be allowed to have?".

I must warn you though...that argument becomes ridicules if the one making it is against other forms of 'freedoms' such as legalizing all drugs, abortion, no regulation whatsoever...including not having to have a driver's license, etc.

How much should the government have control of us, is the question. I tend to prefer the right to bear arms...just for freedom's sake....but I realize that means more people will die than if guns were outlawed. Same as if we outlawed cars, fewer people would die in traffic accidents. It's just a fact. But just because I am for the freedom of others (including abortion and the freedom to do drugs), doesn't mean I think terrorists and criminals should have the same freedom as everyone else or that I am going to own guns, have abortions, do drugs, etc, necessarily. When one believes in the idea of 'freedom' as a general rule of thumb one does not think of oneself. The idea of freedom is an unselfish one. If one is advocating only the freedom THEY personally want and not the freedom of others as well, then one loses the right to say anything about the issue, as one is not capable of understanding the complex idea, that is "Freedom".
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

artisticsolution wrote:...

I must warn you though...that argument becomes ridicules if the one making it is against other forms of 'freedoms' such as legalizing all drugs, abortion, no regulation whatsoever...including not having to have a driver's license, etc. ...
You're in trouble then AS as bob is against all such things, although maybe not abortion.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Most people who own guns are law-abiding citizens, so the problem isn't with them, it's with the relatively few criminals, terrorists and mentally ill people who have them. If law-abiding citizens were permitted to carry concealed weapons, the mayhem seen today would be stopped dead in its tracks.
artisticsolution

bobevenson wrote:Most people who own guns are law-abiding citizens, so the problem isn't with them, it's about the relatively few criminals, terrorists and mentally ill people who have them. If law-abiding citizens were permitted to carry concealed weapons, the mayhem seen today would be stopped dead in its tracks.
But they are permitted to carry concealed weapons in the USA, Bob. Has that stopped the violence?

You forget...the more guns = more gun violence. I am just stating the obvious without emotional feelings attached. It has nothing to do with law abiding, Bob. Any person with a gun is more likely to shoot, than a person without a gun...I hope at least you can be honest about this fact. It has nothing to do with advocating the freedom to own a gun. It's just plain facts/ truth.
henry quirk

make of this what you can or like

Post by henry quirk »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: Only America could have an internal arms-race.

But maybe we should be magnanimous and just see it as the mercantile making sure they spend their budget upon the 'toy' American loves best.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

artisticsolution wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Most people who own guns are law-abiding citizens, so the problem isn't with them, it's about the relatively few criminals, terrorists and mentally ill people who have them. If law-abiding citizens were permitted to carry concealed weapons, the mayhem seen today would be stopped dead in its tracks.
But they are permitted to carry concealed weapons in the USA, Bob. You forget...the more guns = more gun violence. I am just stating the obvious without emotional feelings attached. It has nothing to do with law abiding, Bob. Any person with a gun is more likely to shoot, than a person without a gun.
Law-abiding people in the U.S. are not able to just carry a concealed weapon, only criminals, terrorists and the mentally ill are able to do this. The rest of us have to pay for a license to carry and go through a lot of rigamarole. No, more guns in the hands of law-abiding people equals less violence. Yes, a person with a gun is more likely to shoot a gun than a person without a gun, duh!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:
But they are permitted to carry concealed weapons in the USA, Bob. You forget...the more guns = more gun violence. I am just stating the obvious without emotional feelings attached. It has nothing to do with law abiding, Bob. Any person with a gun is more likely to shoot, than a person without a gun.
Law-abiding people in the U.S. are not able to just carry a concealed weapon, only criminals, terrorists and the mentally ill are able to do this. The rest of us have to pay for a license to carry and go through a lot of rigamarole. No, more guns in the hands of law-abiding people equals less violence. Yes, a person with a gun is more likely to shoot a gun than a person without a gun, duh!
That level of chaotic stupidity simply won't compute in a normal brain. I need a panadol after reading it.
artisticsolution

There is no reason in the emotionally driven mind. It's no use...just a waste of breath.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Apparently, you don't have a counter-argument.