Trumphorisms; real and imagined

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Trumphorisms; real and imagined

Post by thedoc »

Shit! I thought this would be a thread about Trumpets or Trombones, you know, something interesting.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:Shit! I thought this would be a thread about Trumpets or Trombones, you know, something interesting.
Let's talk (s)trumpets, doc. What would a strumpet saying be like? 'No money, no honey'? :wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
-
-
-
-
-
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:Shit! I thought this would be a thread about Trumpets or Trombones, you know, something interesting.
Let's talk (s)trumpets, doc. What would a strumpet saying be like? 'No money, no honey'? :wink:
What's the difference between a trumpet player and a large Pizza?

- A large pizza can feed a family of 4.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

There are 2 sides to a trumpeter's personality. One side lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying lifeless along a swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury. And then there's the dark side.

- Michael Stewart (adapted from a Nike advertisement) -
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I had my old cornet in the case in my living room, and the grandkids kept asking my to get it out and play it. I had been getting the itch to start playing again, but knew it would be hard to get my lip back in shape, plus there was some question about endurance, how long could I play at one time. I had already found out that I could only sing for a short time till I was out of breath, and I was concerned that the same would be true with the cornet. Then my grandson decided to take lessons at school, so he has my cornet now, so I found and bought a trumpet. That was last July and I couldn't join a band or orchestra, so there was little incentive to practice, and that makes it difficult to get back in shape to play.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Two guys were walking down the street, one was a trumpet player, and the other didn't have any money either.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hello doc. The intent behind the how is to assess the truth of stand-alone statements within the context of philosophy.

Other folks of course are free, as always, to act as moved by their own purpose. One preeminent display that I’ve noticed is … to critique. (Derail has been previously highlighted, as have clowns.)

To critique is a literary exercise learned in school and is a derivitive of critical thinking. In the literary exercise, such as writing on a philosophy forum, budding critics are taught to speak as authority. This works for writing as a voice to focus perspective.

In the reality of society, the authority must be designated by group consciousness, by the terms set by the group. Otherwise the critic can only row with reasoning and evidence, and without either paddle the critic is up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
Last edited by Walker on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

How does a trumpet player improve the aerodynamics of his car?

- He takes the Pizza Hut delivery sign off the roof.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote:-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
-
-
-
-
-

The people who should have the job, don't want it, and the people who shouldn't have the job, want it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote:There are 2 sides to a trumpeter's personality. One side lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying lifeless along a swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury. And then there's the dark side.

- Michael Stewart (adapted from a Nike advertisement) -

This one sounds a bit like Donald Trump, really nasty, and that's on a good day.
Walker

Post by Walker »

thedoc wrote:How does a trumpet player improve the aerodynamics of his car?
As the critic is defined, so must be the clown.

The first in the criteria, be funny.

Clown, critic, derailer. Hmmmm.

In answer to your question, I say he asks someone for directions to Carnegie Hall. Then once he finds his way there, he is able to buy a car with better aerodynamics engineered into the machine. Say, a beemer. Then he can put his pizza sign on top of that, put on a clown mask, take a selfie and frame it, put it in a gallery, call it art.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Doc, I refer you to what one cellist said to me; strings are kings! :wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Not when Mumbles is in the room.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote:
thedoc wrote:How does a trumpet player improve the aerodynamics of his car?
As the critic is defined, so must be the clown.

The first in the criteria, be funny.

Clown, critic, derailer. Hmmmm.

In answer to your question, I say he asks someone for directions to Carnegie Hall. Then once he finds his way there, he is able to buy a car with better aerodynamics engineered into the machine. Say, a beemer. Then he can put his pizza sign on top of that, put on a clown mask, take a selfie and frame it, put it in a gallery, call it art.
When a musician asks how to get to Carnegie Hall? The correct answer is "practice".