Hubris and Hillary Clinton

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Hubris and Hillary Clinton

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: In other words we haven't evolved at all.
Why would you expect to see any evolution in a few hundred years or even a few thousand. Evolution happens over many thousands or millions of years and the only "purpose" is reproduction. If you have no children you are not part of the next generation and are not part of evolution. FYI, humans have evolved and are still evolving, but individual humans do not live long enough to see any change and there have not been enough generations in historic times to record any evolutionary change. Evolution doesn't happen because some people think we can be better, evolution happens when those who reproduce more, produce the next generation, and they are not college professors.
I do know what evolution is. You just don't 'get' any of my comments, so I don't know why you respond to them. And how does it benefit the planet to have one selfish, insular, bully of a country sucking up most of the resources and generally making life miserable and insecure for the rest of the planet? I really can't think of any benefits, apart from short term ones to the nasty bully.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: In other words we haven't evolved at all.
Why would you expect to see any evolution in a few hundred years or even a few thousand. Evolution happens over many thousands or millions of years and the only "purpose" is reproduction. If you have no children you are not part of the next generation and are not part of evolution. FYI, humans have evolved and are still evolving, but individual humans do not live long enough to see any change and there have not been enough generations in historic times to record any evolutionary change. Evolution doesn't happen because some people think we can be better, evolution happens when those who reproduce more, produce the next generation, and they are not college professors.
I do know what evolution is. You just don't 'get' any of my comments, so I don't know why you respond to them. And how does it benefit the planet to have one selfish, insular, bully of a country sucking up most of the resources and generally making life miserable and insecure for the rest of the planet? I really can't think of any benefits, apart from short term ones to the nasty bully.
If the bully survives and the rest of the world doesn't, then the bully will produce the next generation, and we can be rid on nasty complainers like you.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: If the bully survives and the rest of the world doesn't, then the bully will produce the next generation, and we can be rid on nasty complainers like you.
Unfortunately for your country (and the rest of the world) the US is actually part of the planet, a natural collective, so if the rest of us go it goes too.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:
If the bully survives and the rest of the world doesn't, then the bully will produce the next generation, and we can be rid on nasty complainers like you.
People who co-operate gang up on silly loners like you and Trump and vote them into non existence.
seeds

Post by seeds »

...how does it benefit the planet to have one selfish, insular, bully of a country sucking up most of the resources and generally making life miserable and insecure for the rest of the planet? I really can't think of any benefits, apart from short term ones to the nasty bully.
Quite true, v.

And as far as this bizarre “reality show” of an election is concerned...

...unfortunately, at this point in time in what I and many others believe is just a short prelude to the impending and seemingly unavoidable collapse of the economy and social order, I don’t think it matters that much who becomes president.

In which case (and sadly speaking), because America seems to be morphing into a caricature of its own greed and narcissism, then what better person is there to represent this awful caricature than Donald Trump?

And in reference to what you stated above, I suggest that as we see a person like Trump rising to the peak of American politics...

(kind of like pus rising to the head of a boil :shock:)

...we are in essence witnessing the slow but inevitable workings of karma as the U.S. is about to reap the returns of that which it has been sowing around the world over the last six or so decades.
_______
vegetariantaxidermy

seeds wrote:
...how does it benefit the planet to have one selfish, insular, bully of a country sucking up most of the resources and generally making life miserable and insecure for the rest of the planet? I really can't think of any benefits, apart from short term ones to the nasty bully.
Quite true, v.

And as far as this bizarre “reality show” of an election is concerned...

...unfortunately, at this point in time in what I and many others believe is just a short prelude to the impending and seemingly unavoidable collapse of the economy and social order, I don’t think it matters that much who becomes president.

In which case (and sadly speaking), because America seems to be morphing into a caricature of its own greed and narcissism, then what better person is there to represent this awful caricature than Donald Trump?

And in reference to what you stated above, I suggest that as we see a person like Trump rising to the peak of American politics...

...we are in essence witnessing the slow but inevitable workings of karma as the U.S. is about to reap the returns of that which it has been sowing around the world over the last six or so decades.
_______
So many excellent points my head's spinning. :D

''kind of like pus rising to the head of a boil'' :lol: Great analogy.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

seeds wrote:...unfortunately, at this point in time in what I and many others believe is just a short prelude to the impending and seemingly unavoidable collapse of the economy and social order, I don’t think it matters that much who becomes president.
The logic of this is already understood by many. No matter who becomes president, events will resolve to the same conclusion. There really is no other way to settle the score of what amounts to some of the worst fraud, corruption and mismanagement in history. The ledger will balance in the end. The question is how, when and what will be its consequences this being the most frightening to think about.
Prior to any simple minded acceptance, this statement requires more analysis. Is Hillary Clinton by any criteria excluded from this assessment since only Trump is mentioned? Why has the latter become so popular among the electorate...and not because they like him? Without the least diplomacy or finesse, succumbing often to near vulgarity he makes plain his intention to destroy the establishment which literally destroyed the well being of many more Americans than are counted in the stats. This is how he's perceived by many rightly or wrongly which ironically is opposite to your representation.
I suggest that as we see a person like Trump rising to the peak of American politics...

Neat metaphor! Speaking of pus erupting on a truly grand scale why not mention Hillary's affiliations with multi billionaires like George Soros who strives for much more control than he already has. Then there are those more remote like the House of Saud who have no love for America or the West whose contributions she has no problem accepting...and on it goes. This highlights what her priorities as President will be - subterfuge and unconditional self-interest serving her masters. You don't get them on YOUR side if you offer nothing in return including interest. Make sense to you?
You make this out as some desired retribution on the iniquity of an evil empire not mentioning others that are also out there ready to fill power vacuums. If their agency in the West recedes ending in a whimper due to the karmic weight of their own past actions who is there to replace them? Most likely something much more inimical and foreign.

Even if Trump loses his influence won't vanish. Someone will succeed him with a more Machiavellian intelligence than Trump could ever hope to have but with the same message because that's the mood, near to uprising, that America is in along with other countries in the EU. That said, it's highly probable that Hillary will be a one-term president despised by many who expect a more respectable version of Trump the next time around...if not sooner.

Because of its extremity the Trump phenomenon and its consequences far exceed the simplistic views most people have or endorse. Trump broke the mold; win or lose, it won't be business as usual going forward.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dubious wrote: You make this out as some desired retribution on the iniquity of an evil empire not mentioning others that are also out there ready to fill power vacuums. If their agency in the West recedes ending in a whimper due to the karmic weight of their own past actions who is there to replace them? Most likely something much more inimical and foreign.
What are you talking about? It's difficult to think of a country more harmful to the stability of the planet. Sounds a lot like American paranoia. What are these 'power vacuums'? Where is your evidence for what you are asserting? The US seems pretty damned 'inimical and foreign' to me.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote: If the bully survives and the rest of the world doesn't, then the bully will produce the next generation, and we can be rid on nasty complainers like you.
Unfortunately for your country (and the rest of the world) the US is actually part of the planet, a natural collective, so if the rest of us go it goes too.
No, when the rest of the world goes (hopefully soon) the US will survive and repopulate the world with free thinkers, not the bitter and unforgiving like you.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
No, when the rest of the world goes (hopefully soon) the US will survive and repopulate the world with free thinkers, not the bitter and unforgiving like you.
The facts speak for themselves. 300 million people and the best you can come up with is a rabid warmonger, and a global warming denier? At least Trump's against the TPPA, which is a bit surprising.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Unfortunately for your country (and the rest of the world) the US is actually part of the planet, a natural collective, so if the rest of us go it goes too.
The facts speak for themselves. 300 million people and the best you can come up with is a rabid warmonger, and a global warming denier? At least Trump's against the TPPA, which is a bit surprising.
Trouble is with Trump and what he is for or against; it depends on which way his wig moves in the wind.
He is the flip-flop man.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Unfortunately for your country (and the rest of the world) the US is actually part of the planet, a natural collective, so if the rest of us go it goes too.
The problem with politics everywhere, 'the people who should be in office, don't want the job, and the people who want the job, shouldn't be in office'. So we end up picking the best of the worst.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:
The problem with politics everywhere, 'the people who should be in office, don't want the job, and the people who want the job, shouldn't be in office'. So we end up picking the best of the worst.
So we actually agree on something. Indeed. Those who seek power are the just the ones who shouldn't have it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: The facts speak for themselves. 300 million people and the best you can come up with is a rabid warmonger, and a global warming denier? At least Trump's against the TPPA, which is a bit surprising.
So we actually agree on something. Indeed. Those who seek power are the just the ones who shouldn't have it.
I think you should sit down and have a drink, and don't let this go to your head, remember "This too shall pass".
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:
I think you should sit down and have a drink, and don't let this go to your head, remember "This too shall pass".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZZNHekEQw