Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

PauloL wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 pm .

Reality is an illusion. All this can be nothing but Matrix.

Did that thread ever exist?

Maybe these people only tried a mixture of hallucinogenic drugs.

There's no substantial evidence for the thread expect for their [incoherent] testimonials.

Memory is tricky, and more so after hallucinogenic stuff.

lol. It can't have been very memorable because no one seems to know what it was about :)
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme and ken and I were posting in it but not Philosopher Explorer so it did not get deleted because of him
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm
Dontaskme and ken and I were posting in it but not Philosopher Explorer so it did not get deleted because of him
That must have been another one.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Why doesn't someone just start another thread called ~~Everything~~

What the heck Y'all crying about? nothing is ever lost, don't be sad.

Just start another one and watch what happens, watch how another ~~Everything~~thread can magically appear from nowhere..and remember, sometime things just happen, sometimes we just simply don't know why or how things happen, they just do.. :lol:

Life is just so simple ... sigh! :mrgreen:
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:08 am Why doesn't someone just start another thread called ~~Everything~~

What the heck Y'all crying about? nothing is ever lost, don't be sad.

Just start another one and watch what happens, watch how another ~~Everything~~thread can magically appear from nowhere..and remember, sometime things just happen, sometimes we just simply don't know why or how things happen, they just do.. :lol:

Life is just so simple ... sigh! :mrgreen:
To answer your opening question in this post, the mods don't like it when you repost threads that have been deleted.

PhilX
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 pm
To answer your opening question in this post, the mods don't like it when you repost threads that have been deleted.

PhilX
Aww, what a shame, perhaps the founder of the forum should have thought about that before inventing the forum. Do you think they can control what the public wants....or are we the public only allowed to say things the Mods want to hear?

I agree they can delete what they want, but that doesn't give the public much choice of what they want does it?

Sometimes, we just don't always get what we want.
I want the thread, yet someone else doesn't want the thread, oh dear, what to do...sometimes we just hate it when we don't get what we want.

Lets just wait and see what happens? ..if the ''Everything'' thread stays then that will show that the Mods don't care whether it's reared up again or not, but if it goes then what can anyone do about that? it's out of our control, the control responsibility is in the hands of it's creator.

Besides, it's just a silly game of letters and numbers, images and symbols signifying nothing since it can be deleted at any time, gone like a puff of smoke. Totally as though nothing ever was said or happened. We all like playing the letters game.

Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 pm

PhilX
Aww, what a shame, perhaps the founder of the forum should have thought about that before inventing the forum. Do you think they can control what the public wants....or are we the public only allowed to say things the Mods want to hear?

I agree they can delete what they want, but that doesn't give the public much choice of what they want does it?

Sometimes, we just don't always get what we want.
I want the thread, yet someone else doesn't want the thread, oh dear, what to do...sometimes we just hate it when we don't get what we want.

Lets just wait and see what happens? ..if the ''Everything'' thread stays then that will show that the Mods don't care whether it's reared up again or not, but if it goes then what can anyone do about that? it's out of our control, the control responsibility is in the hands of it's creator.

Besides, it's just a silly game of letters and numbers, images and symbols signifying nothing since it can be deleted at any time, gone like a puff of smoke. Totally as though nothing ever was said or happened. We all like playing the letters game.

That's why they're called the thought police.

PhilX
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm

PhilX
Yep, even though they've never seen a thought in their entire life.

They won't even have a clue as to where to point their guns.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm

PhilX

It's all about the penny game with the mind. When things are not looking good for business, it's off with the head. It's the same old story. It's always about what's in it for me every time.

If something is bad for business then it's curtain and adios. Lies hate truth. I've seen it all before.

ken

Post by ken »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:53 pm
PauloL wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:51 pm .

Just for the asking:

WTH was that Everything thread about?

Nothing? :?

I asked that but no one answered. I'm sure you will get an answer though. I can't remember what it was about. Nothing offensive I'm sure. I think PE was picking a fight as usual, which seemed to be about the time it disappeared.
The everything thread was about nothing, important really. Just a couple of us discussing what has been talked about for centuries, but which has never been fully understood, with us just trying to explain the big picture of Life (everything), from our own perspectives of IT.

dontaskme, some of us are NOT "crying over spilt milk". We are just curious as to WHY the thread was deleted.

bill willtrack, HOW exactly would deleting threads make people better philosophers. You either have a love of learning, and becoming wiser, or you do not.
PauloL

Post by PauloL »

ken wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Well, then all makes sense.

Once everything was about nothing, deleting it is coherent.

Nothingness is the absence of everything.

As usual, Bill is right.

Moderators want us to be better philosophers and wander about nihilism, not only rationally but also empirically.

Last edited by PauloL on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:Aww, what a shame, perhaps the founder of the forum should have thought about that before inventing the forum. Do you think they can control what the public wants....or are we the public only allowed to say things the Mods want to hear? ...
Do you subscribe to the magazine? As who do you think pays for this forum.

Are you under some delusion that forum are a democracy? If so pay your 'taxes' and subscribe to the magazine and then I think your words might have more weight.
Wtf has the 'public' got to do with it?
AMod

Post by AMod »

To All,

Maybe it's just because I'm a fickle tyrant or it could just be that I'm encouraging the use of the correct subcategories and have got fed up of moving posts.

AMod.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 pmDo you subscribe to the magazine? As who do you think pays for this forum.
I'll gladly make a donation for my own knowledge if it helps others ...I'm all for helping the sick and needy.

I'll be donating as soon as I have some decent cash flow flowing...I'd even be willing to donate a million pounds if I had that kind of money, because money means nothing to me.

I just hope when I've donated, that my words will be of some worth or value to some one...in that I hope my words give people what they are looking for, that's all I want for people. If people are into philosophy, they are asking questions and are seeking something, my job is to help them answer their own questions and help them find what they are searching for. I'm more than happy to help other people.

That's my assignment in life, to help others deal with their philosophy questions about themselves. I've got no qualifications except for life experience and all my knowledge has come straight from the sources mouth. The one that knows.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:52 pmdontaskme, some of us are NOT "crying over spilt milk". We are just curious as to WHY the thread was deleted.
Everything that makes up you is being deleted every nano second. The you that you think you are now is only kept alive by the dead memory which is then revived by dead knowledge of the dead memory itself. It's a trickless trick, and the joke is on you.