Next issue

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

spike

Next issue

Post by spike »

I am thinking that the next issue will be a 20th anniversary issue since the first one came out in the summer of 1991.

It would be interesting to know which issue was the biggest seller. And what is the circulation of the magazine?
RickLewis

Re: Next issue

Post by RickLewis »

You are absolutely right! Issue 1 came back from the printers on 27th May 1991, so the 20th anniversary has just gone past. I'm definitely planning on putting something in Issue 85 about it. Also, we'll have some sort of big PN birthday party in London later in the year, but we haven't set a date yet.

We print just under 20,000 copies, and actual sales of the print edition are about 14,000 - although taking into account the number of library and college sales, the readership is probably somewhere around the 20,000 mark.
spike

Post by spike »

Isn't it time for the next issue?
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Yes it is!

It has been printed and we're awaiting delivery. It will be mailed out to subscribers on Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week.
spike

Post by spike »

Great!
It's nice to see it online already. But like most issues I find its content initially disappointing, until all of a sudden something of interest reveals itself to me.

I am saddened, though, that a letter I submitted on "Sustainability" wasn't published.