About the Forum

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

About the Forum

Post by artisticsolution »

Thanks to everyone at Philosophy Now for creating a forum where free speech is allowed to happen practically unfettered (except for the small exception of violent threats.) It is a great experiment of what little harm is actually caused by speaking one's mind. It also helps us learn a type of compassion for an argument we might not agree with, but in real life might never have been able to hear because of political correctness. It gives us a place to develop our ideas in their entirety, instead of being muzzled by the sometimes overbearing consensus of the day. Anyway...again my sincerest gratitude for such a wonderful forum!
Aetixintro

Re: About the Forum

Post by Aetixintro »

artisticsolution
How nice of you! :) I bet Rick Lewis will pleased to read this thread. Besides, I think the combination the PN-mag and this forum is very nice too!
spike

Post by spike »

My misgiving about the forum is that it isn't more intellectual. Most discussions seem to spin down to 'geeky' stuff. And too many participants are in their own little bubbles.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

spike wrote:Most discussions seem to spin down to 'geeky' stuff.
As a matter of interest, did you post this from a Blackberry? If so, what model?
spike

Post by spike »

RickLewis wrote:
As a matter of interest, did you post this from a Blackberry? If so, what model?
I don't have a Blackberry.

I wonder what made you think I wasn't posting directly. :?
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

spike wrote:
RickLewis wrote:
I don't have a Blackberry.

I wonder what made you think I wasn't posting directly. :?
Sorry, it was just a silly joke by me. Because you complained about discussions spinning down to "geeky" stuff I thought I'd make a deliberately geeky reply. :)
spike

Post by spike »

Sorry, it was just a silly joke by me. Because you complained about discussions spinning down to "geeky" stuff I thought I'd make a deliberately geeky reply.
I have been told I don't have a sense of humor.
Richard Baron

Post by Richard Baron »

spike wrote:I have been told I don't have a sense of humor.
Don't worry, you can download an app to supply one.
spike

Post by spike »

Richard,

I was reading the introduction to your book about values and what we value. It is amazing how people value their cell phones and Blackberrys. And the usage of these items creates a universal value. That means the persistence use of or believe in something creates the standard for what is valuable and what we value. And if there is sufficiently share value in something it becomes the norm. I thus see the creation and expansion of values through networking.

I think I have to buy your book to read more.