Next Issue

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

philofra

Next Issue

Post by philofra »

I am waiting for issue 73. I found the last one lackluster because I couldn't take seriously the notion of moral machines.
RickLewis

Re: Next Issue

Post by RickLewis »

The next one has a theme of Cartoons and Philosophy, and also a sort of secondary theme of the credit crisis (and what Adam Smith, Karl Marx etc might have said about it).

It's being printed at the moment and should be dispatched very soon.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

hi philofra,
philofra wrote:I am waiting for issue 73. I found the last one lackluster because I couldn't take seriously the notion of moral machines.
Read Artificial Morality:Virtuous Robots for Virtual Games. Peter Danielson.
Jerrydr

Post by Jerrydr »

I came to know about Philosophy Now since 1999. I am not a subscriber to the magazine, but I try to buy one if I sees one. I am very impressed by the articles in it by many well-known thinkers earlier. I was looking for what is the latest issue all about and that is how I bumped into this forum. I have the opinion that Philosophy Now is quite hard on their regular readers because they only get published every two months.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Philosophy Now used to be only published every three months. After we went bimonthly, one reader asked me to assure him that we wouldn't ever go monthly, because he said it took him 2 months to read each issue. :D