Philosophy Now website - NEW DESIGN LAUNCHED

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

Philosophy Now website - NEW DESIGN LAUNCHED

Post by RickLewis »

Yesterday the new design of the Philosophy Now website went live. The Forum stays the same, but everything else on the site gets a new look. All feedback and constructive/non-obscene criticism warmly welcomed!

https://philosophynow.org
seeds

Re: Philosophy Now website - NEW DESIGN LAUNCHED

Post by seeds »

RickLewis wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm Yesterday the new design of the Philosophy Now website went live. The Forum stays the same, but everything else on the site gets a new look. All feedback and constructive/non-obscene criticism warmly welcomed!

https://philosophynow.org
Rick,

I think the change you've made to the main page is a great improvement from the somewhat cluttered look it had previously.

Well done!
_______
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement - much appreciated!
-1-

Post by -1- »

I had thought this was it... the forum now. What are you talking about -- website? I'll need to check that out.
-1-

Post by -1- »

It's okay, I guess, I mean, how much creativity do you want to put into the appearance? And the lead-on blurbs for the articles are thought-provoking, I read and answered the free will one by Filice.

The only deconstructive criticism I may offer is that it's too RED on the top. American readers may be made to tune out immediately by all that RED, for their taking it to be too politically communist. To an American communism is equally as bad as Nazism. My suggestion would be to make it blue, or white with red stripes, or sort of a purple with large yellow dots, which have a small green dot in their middles, and a semi-transparent red X trying to obliterate them.

Something like that. For the benefit of, and in order to retain, our American friends.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Thanks for the colour advice. I would just point out that US news reports about American politics often talk about red states and blue states. The "blue states" are the ones that tend to vote Democrat, while the "red states" are the ones that habitually vote Republican - ie they are the more right wing ones! Therefore I think we're safe from accusations of communism from that quarter.... Having said which, I do rather like your suggestion that we should go for purple with yellow dots which have green dots in the middle. Tasteful!
AMag

Post by AMag »

I really like the site. Everything is very simply laid out and very clear and I clicked through a few things. I’ll definitely be back regularly. Personally I like clear and uncluttered... dislike strongly the sites that try to be too clever with design - you know the sort, purple circles with yellow dots and green centres - that sort of thing! I have given up on sites where colours are so garish they vibrate... I like simple, me...
-1-

Post by -1- »

RickLewis wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:39 pm The "blue states" are the ones that tend to vote Democrat, while the "red states" are the ones that habitually vote Republican - ie they are the more right wing ones!
Here in Canada the Blue ridings vote Conservative, and the red, Liberal. Conservative is like Republican, and Liberal is like Democrat, but here the distinction is only in name and in historical histeria -- both parties generally run each time with a middle-of-the-road platform. The two are almost identical in their promises and taxation methods.Reds (Liberals) tend to hand out a bit more to the poor and to themselves, while the Blues (Conservatives) tend help out more typically the poor, disadvantaged corporations.

Then there is the NDP which aggressively pursues an income-equalizing policy: Tax the rich, feed the poor.