Question regarding Philosophy Now Kindle Edition

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

meticoolous

Question regarding Philosophy Now Kindle Edition

Post by meticoolous »

Hello,

I've just recently subscribed to Philosophy Now on my Kindle. First I want to say that it was well worth it.

However, what I wanted to ask is this : Does a subscription to PN offer access to their archive? And secondly, if the latter is true, is there a way to access the archive through the Kindle Edition of the magazine?

I appreciate in advance your help, thank you.

-Jesse
RickLewis

Re: Question regarding Philosophy Now Kindle Edition

Post by RickLewis »

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for subscribing to Philosophy Now on Kindle; I'm so glad you like it!

Ordinary print subscriptions do include access to our online archive of past issues, but I'm afraid that Kindle subscriptions don't include that. Kindle subscriptions are sold by Amazon (.com or .co.uk), who give us a percentage of the sale value, but Amazon/Kindle do not supply publishers with any individual customer information at all, so it would be impossible for us to organize that in a systematic way.

While you are subscribing on Kindle, you are able to store up to six past issues of Philosophy Now from your subscription for future reference, but that's as near as you can get to an archive. On the other hand, Kindle does offer a lot more convenience than a print subscription in terms of portability, and the Philosophy Now edition on Kindle seems to have been quite a success despite the lack of archive access.

Rick Lewis
Editor, Philosophy Now
MMasz

Re: Question regarding Philosophy Now Kindle Edition

Post by MMasz »

I subscribed to the Kindle edition on a trial basis, but since one does not get access to the archives I went for the print edition. As I’ve been finding out, there’s a lot of good stuff in the archives. To be honest, I still like the feel of a magazine in my hands. :)