What is more important, Intellect or Experience?

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jiman

Re: What is more important, Intellect or Experience?

Post by Jiman »

Experience gives us new information when we have intelligent but I believe transfer this information from one time to another time( remembering) and again transfer information from one person to another person is more important.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Jiman wrote:Experience gives us new information when we have intelligent but I believe transfer this information from one time to another time( remembering) and again transfer information from one person to another person is more important.
Information is learning the language you are attempting to use to communicate. intellect is the ability to use that language correctly, and experience comes from using it and learning from the corrections you receive. What is more important and why? There is more information that is transferred from one to another, but experiencing directly is most effective.
osgart

Post by osgart »

experience is where intellect can blow up in your face.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

The terms to describe the brain's functions are very outdated and primitive, if you see the movie "Rain Man" he will visit the doc at one point, and the doc tests his awesome math skills, but when the doc asks how much does a candy bar cost? ..about 100 dollars, how much does a car cost? ..abut 100 dollars, which shows that he lacks rationale.

You must have a balance of all 3 things, most are lazy and thinks that 1 aspect will do just fine, when it's a delusion. Without experience you will do the same mistake over and over and history will repeat itself, with rationale you can observe what minute details that you should understand about things, and with intellect you can calculate the ratios of things etc.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Important for what?

Intellect itself means nothing, experience itself means nothing. We don't identify the same things as "intellect".

In my definition, Intellect is the function that describes how much knowledge you acquire with experience. We are not good for the same things and mind is a complex thing though, but as a simplification, that's what I call intellect.
Greta

Post by Greta »

If you want to live up to your potentials, the willingness and capacity for hard work is critical. Was it Einstein who said that genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration? Then again, plenty of people "work dumb", much harder than they need to do. That mistake can be corrected by either brains or experience. If life was a game then intellect allows one to find "cheats" more quickly, but experience and persistence can take one a long way. The gift of the gab, a gift for networking and a negotiable sense of morality will take you where you want to go farther and faster still.

I am not promoting a classic Protestant work ethic BTW, because there's no valid rule that says one must live up to one's potentials in life. There's seven billion others around and no doubt someone can cover for you if you feel inclined to put your feet up. It can be fun to push oneself and see how far you can go at times but that can get wearing too.

Perhaps the most important thing of all is to enjoy life when you have the opportunity, to "make hay while the sun shines". For tomorrow it may rain.