An education worth dying for.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

An education worth dying for.

Post by Dontaskme »

Our current education system is designed to teach us to not question controversial subjects and accept everything that our authorities tell us as the truth. In other words, it is not interested in teaching us the truth. This is why it is so hard for us to understand what life and reality truly are.

''I have never let my schooling interfere with my education''
Harbal

Re: An education worth dying for.

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:Our current education system is designed to teach us to not question controversial subjects and accept everything that our authorities tell us as the truth.
Do you know this to be a fact or are you just saying it because you want us to accept what you are trying to teach us instead? It's just that I've questioned you on a number of occasions and you seem to be doing the same thing that you are accusing "our current education system" of.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Our current education system is designed to teach us to not question controversial subjects and accept everything that our authorities tell us as the truth.
Do you know this to be a fact or are you just saying it because you want us to accept what you are trying to teach us instead? It's just that I've questioned you on a number of occasions and you seem to be doing the same thing that you are accusing "our current education system" of.
I'm just making an observation that rings true for me. If my nose is going to lead me to some truth, then I'd rather pick my own nose if it's all the same to you.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote:Our current education system is designed to teach us to not question controversial subjects and accept everything that our authorities tell us as the truth. In other words, it is not interested in teaching us the truth. This is why it is so hard for us to understand what life and reality truly are.

''I have never let my schooling interfere with my education''
"Education is not putting knowledge into a soul which doesn’t have it, just as giving sight into eyes that are blind. The capacity of knowledge is present in everyone’s soul. And just as an eye turns from darkness to light, the soul has to turn away from the world of becoming towards the Being Itself until it becomes capable to see the Brightest Reality, which we call Goodness. That’s what Education should be, the art of orientation. Educators should devise the simplest and most effective methods to turn the mind towards the Light. Not to implant sight in it, because it already has the capacity, but to correct its orientation, because it is now improperly aligned and is not facing the right way”
(Republic, 518c – d)
Plato is considered old fashioned and part of a list of characters expressing ideas unworthy of modern secular speculation. Modern secular education produces the light that the growing snowflakes must follow for their own good and the good of the approaching utopia, There is nothing to question. Your progressive superiors know what is best.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
I'm just making an observation that rings true for me.
Based on what? What inside knowledge do you have about the way schools are teaching that qualifies you to be critical of it?
You made a statement, do you consider it unfair to be asked to justify it?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote:Your progressive superiors know what is best.
Forgive me, Nick, but you are the one who is trying to dictate what is good and bad.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
I'm just making an observation that rings true for me.
Based on what? What inside knowledge do you have about the way schools are teaching that qualifies you to be critical of it?
You made a statement, do you consider it unfair to be asked to justify it?
Based on what's none of yours or anyone else's business what rings true for me. No one is forced to have an education not of their own choosing, but if that's what people choose to accept then that's their prerogative. As for being held in holding pens until you are mature and old enough to fend for yourself in the world on your own then I don't have a problem with that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Based on what's none of yours or anyone else's business what rings true for me.
You presented something as a fact, you didn't say it was an opinion. When you make a post then it's the business of anybody that reads it, that's why it's there.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Based on what's none of yours or anyone else's business what rings true for me.
You presented something as a fact, you didn't say it was an opinion. When you make a post then it's the business of anybody that reads it, that's why it's there.
Where did I present it as a fact?

It's the business of anyone that reads it what they think, not what I think.

You seriously need to quit with your constant complaining or you're going to give yourself a migrane.

Disclaimer: Everything Jane posts is just her opinion only, and to be taken which a pinch of salt, or and a sprinkle of pepper if you like a bit of spice, remember folks my words are not to be taken as actual absolute literal fact or gospel truth. You have a mind of your own please think for yourself and take what is of value to you and leave the rest or even reject it outright, by flushing it down the bog, and one final word, please try not to take my words to heart or too seriously else they may or may not cause you to become unnecessarily irate. I'm on a journey of discovery too, lets discover together. In happiness and harmony if that is at all possible.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Forgive me, Nick,
Forgive them Father, for they know not what they are talking about. :lol:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: It's the business of anyone that reads it what they think, not what I think.

You seriously need to quit with your constant complaining or you're going to give yourself a migrane.
If I made a post and said, our education system is teaching our children to become serial killers, I would quite rightly be challenged and expected to provide some evidence as to why I think I'm justified in making such a statement. You said "Our current education system is designed to teach us to not question controversial subjects and accept everything that our authorities tell us as the truth". You shouldn't have said it if you are not prepared to justify it, that's how it works on a discussion forum. It's not me being finicky, it's about you being sloppy. Perhaps you should put a disclaimer on all your posts, saying don't look at this post unless you are prepare to accept everything I say without question. Good day, Jane.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:Good day, Jane.
Good night, Tarzan.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: If I made a post and said, our education system is teaching our children to become serial killers, I would quite rightly be challenged and expected to provide some evidence as to why I think I'm justified in making such a statement. .
If I made a post and said, our education system is teaching our children that they are infinite awareness having a finite unique never to be repeated totally free expression of intelligent conscious energy...I would quite rightly not be expected to be challenged to provide some evidence as to why I think I'm totally justified in making such a statement.

An education like that would be to die for...never heard of that expression?

Dude, you seriously need to see a Doctor. Your good unconditions are in a bad condition.
osgart

Post by osgart »

education should be relevant towards getting a good job and not stray into superfluous information.

education should make us also aware of all the different moral codes and cultures of the world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote:education should be relevant towards getting a good job and not stray into superfluous information.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 7e161a.jpg

Some high flyers are already flying high without ever having left the ground, or, some high flyers are high flying without ever having to be a high flyer.

Amazing grace.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4a98e2.jpg