Explicit Knowledge

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 10:15 am

Belinda wrote:DontAskme wrote:
I put my faith in the one running the show, and that's all I have to say, I trust in that one only.
So why are you on a website devoted to philosophy?
Because that's my philosophy...my philosophy that there is a first and only principle running the show...is that alright with you, or do I have to seek your approval first?

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:16 am

Dontaskme wrote:
I put my faith in the one running the show and that is all I have to say. I trust in that one only
I am interested in the show but not in faith since it just gets in the way of trying to understand

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
I put my faith in the one running the show and that is all I have to say. I trust in that one only
I am interested in the show but not in faith since it just gets in the way of trying to understand
What is there to understand?

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 am

Dontaskme wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
life is an exact discipline but not the kind of discipline that humans attribute it with the way life runs itself is
very accurate and precise that is all I am trying to show you. Life is running you you are not running the show
Life is not an exact discipline or accurate or precise [ because death is inevitable ] but it is running the show
Have you ever died not someone else not your pet or some flower but you as you are right now have you ever died
How can you say that is is inevitable .. you have never known death you have no idea what death is
The dead do not know death either but that does not stop them from being dead
I shall accept and embrace it when the time comes for it is not a problem for me

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:40 am

Dontaskme wrote:
What is there to understand
There is everything to understand

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 am

surreptitious57 wrote: The dead do not know death either but that does not stop them from being dead
I shall accept and embrace it when the time comes for it is not a problem for me
The living and the dead have no knowledge they are alive or dead. Only knowledge informs reality.

Remember when the higher truth warned but did not force..warning you don't eat from the tree of knowledge else you die, but then you were tricked into believing you would not die if you did what you were warned not to do?

The lower truth could not resist the temptation of being told what to do and what not to do, they wanted authority of their own lives, so decided to use their freedom to choose ..

But what if you'd not eaten from the tree of knowledge...how would you have known you lived.

Knowledge informs illusory reality.

No one dies, because no one lives.

Nothing lives because everything lives.
Nothing dies because everything dies.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu May 11, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
What is there to understand
There is everything to understand
Supposing you have completed everything there is to understand...then what ?

What happens next?

Belinda
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Belinda » Thu May 11, 2017 11:01 am

DontAskMe wrote:
Because that's my philosophy...my philosophy that there is a first and only principle running the show...is that alright with you, or do I have to seek your approval first?
I am not a moderator.

You don't seem to know what philosophy is. You were getting on quite well with your questions.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 11:08 am

Belinda wrote:DontAskMe wrote:
Because that's my philosophy...my philosophy that there is a first and only principle running the show...is that alright with you, or do I have to seek your approval first?
I am not a moderator.

You don't seem to know what philosophy is. You were getting on quite well with your questions.
I know that to question existence is a philosophical long discussion that can go on forever indefinitely .....

But to know God without knowing is not a philosophy...it's an absolute irrefutable self withstanding truth.

Belinda
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Belinda » Thu May 11, 2017 11:20 am

DontAskMe wrote:
I know that to question existence is a philosophical long discussion that can go on forever indefinitely .....

But to know God without knowing is not a philosophy...it's an absolute irrefutable self withstanding truth.
Asking questions about existence, and learning the several theories of existence can help you to come to a reasoned decision about existence.

Nobody can refute your experience, which is private to you. Your interpretation of your experiences as what you, DontAskMe, call "God" is also your own interpretation. If you want to argue in support of your own interpretation your arguments are welcome in a philosophy discussion.

You experience, and interpret your experiences and that is a fact. It is a fact for each of us. Your claim that your interpretation of your experiences is "irrefutable self withstanding truth" is arrogant and unsupportable . Nobody knows what absolute truth is.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Dontaskme » Thu May 11, 2017 11:51 am

Belinda wrote:
Asking questions about existence, and learning the several theories of existence can help you to come to a reasoned decision about existence.

Nobody can refute your experience, which is private to you. Your interpretation of your experiences as what you, DontAskMe, call "God" is also your own interpretation. If you want to argue in support of your own interpretation your arguments are welcome in a philosophy discussion.

You experience, and interpret your experiences and that is a fact. It is a fact for each of us. Your claim that your interpretation of your experiences is "irrefutable self withstanding truth" is arrogant and unsupportable . Nobody knows what absolute truth is.
I'm open to being wrong, and is why I'm both a skeptic and a critical reasoning rational conscientious thinker.

No one knows what absolute truth is...and that's the truth.

"Wise I may not call them, for that describes God alone. Lovers of wisdom or philosophers is a better way of describing them." -- Socrates

I'll gracefully allow you the last word.

Belinda
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Belinda » Thu May 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks but I don't want the last word. Too much responsibility for a mortal woman.

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Nothing lives because everything lives
Nothing dies because everything dies
I know that this is your philosophy but it is not mine
Nor could it ever be since it is not grounded in logic

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Supposing you have completed everything there is to understand
Impossible as one would need to exist for all time for that to happen

surreptitious57
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by surreptitious57 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
I know that to question existence is a philosophical long discussion that can go on forever indefinitely

But to know God without knowing is not a philosophy ... it is an absolute irrefutable self withstanding truth
Is it and what about knowing without knowing God ... is that also an absolute irrefutable self withstanding truth

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests