Explicit Knowledge

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Explicit Knowledge

Post by Harbal »

Belinda wrote: What does Dontaskme do with her money if she is forbidden by The Bible to put it out to usury?
How long has Dontaskme been a she? I thought she was a he, can anyone clear this up? :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Belinda wrote: What does Dontaskme do with her money if she is forbidden by The Bible to put it out to usury?
How long has Dontaskme been a she? I thought she was a he, can anyone clear this up? :?
You only ever see want you want to see.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:
Leviticus 25:37 - Thou shalt not give him thy money upon usury, nor lend him thy victuals for increase.
Dontaskme says that The Bible teaches real truth.

What does Dontaskme do with her money if she is forbidden by The Bible to put it out to usury?

Mathew 5:42 ''Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.''

But don't be a slave to money by expecting anything back.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: But you'd rather, prefer, perhaps to take notice of books such as encyclopedias and textbooks assumed to be written by humans
I don't think any book has ever been written by anything other than a human. The Bible is just text on paper, just like any other book.
than just a set of beliefs no one is absolutely sure about since a human is also a belief...and you have absolute faith in that?
No, I don't have absolute faith in anything.
Why not just go straight to the horses mouth
Because when the horse is you, it's mouth is at the wrong end of its body.
how can truth be doubted?
First there is the small matter of proving it to be the truth. I know it's a bother but it is quite important.
What's the difference between my search for truth in the Bible, and your search for truth in a humanly written text book?
You are making assumptions, all I said was that I wasn't interested in the Bible.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: No, I don't have absolute faith in anything.
So be it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Not really, I don't have a preference. I just assumed you were a man because women tend to be more sensible when it comes to crackpot beliefs.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Harbal wrote: How long has Dontaskme been a she? I thought she was a he, can anyone clear this up? :?
Not really, I don't have a preference. I just assumed you were a man because women tend to be more sensible when it comes to crackpot beliefs.
But this is just your opinion..opinions are like arse holes, they all stink.

Only truth stands the test of time, I am that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: But this is just your opinion..opinions are like arse holes, they all stink.
And this is just yours.
Only truth stands the test of time, I am that.
Well anyone can say that. it doesn't make it true. How do I know you're not lying?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: But this is just your opinion..opinions are like arse holes, they all stink.
And this is just yours.
Yep, we've all got an arse hole.
Harbal wrote:Well anyone can say that. it doesn't make it true. How do I know you're not lying?
What's important here is that ''I Am''...that presence is not a lie.

Is it?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DontAskMe wrote:
Mathew 5:42 ''Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.''

But you accept interest on your money that you put in the bank, or don't you?

According to Matthew 5:42 you should give not lend for profit. I guess you don't understand what usury is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:DontAskMe wrote:

But you accept interest on your money that you put in the bank, or don't you?

According to Matthew 5:42 you should give not lend for profit. I guess you don't understand what usury is.
I do but I don't give a toss about money, it's not something that drives me. I've seen what it does to people and it disgusts me, perhaps that's what God is getting at.

I don't have to be a beggar in my own kingdom. I trust only in the one that made me, and that's more than good enough for this one here.

No amount of money could ever buy me what I already am...I see the kingdom I am and it's richer than my wildest dreams.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DontAskMe wrote:
I do but I don't give a toss about money, it's not something that drives me. I've seen what it does to people and it disgusts me, perhaps that's what God is getting at.
The Bible is clear about not taking interest from your money, so if you are not interested in money you must be ignoring something that The Bible deems important enough to make a clear rule about, and repeats the ruling against usury in Old and New Testaments. Either you take entire The Bible to be the true word of God or you pick and choose what suits you from The Bible.

So far your opinions have been inconsistent. I think you come here to promote your faith, not to do philosophy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:DontAskMe wrote:
The Bible is clear about not taking interest from your money, so if you are not interested in money you must be ignoring something that The Bible deems important enough to make a clear rule about, and repeats the ruling against usury in Old and New Testaments. Either you take entire The Bible to be the true word of God or you pick and choose what suits you from The Bible.

So far your opinions have been inconsistent. I think you come here to promote your faith, not to do philosophy.
Okay if you say so, then it must be true.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: I think you come here to promote your faith, not to do philosophy.
Do you not have faith in your mind?

Philosophy is what minds does if you don't mind.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DontAskMe wrote:
Do you not have faith in your mind?

Philosophy is what minds does if you don't mind.
Good question! Scientists and philosophers are sceptical about their ideas but religious believers are not sceptical about their ideas.

Faith and reason are not compatible.