Knowing

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Knowing

Post by Dontaskme »

The I does not know.

The I is the known.

Therefore..Everything known is that ''Knowing'' that cannot be known.

For there is no knower outside of this immediate ''Knowing''
Bill Wiltrack

Re: Knowing

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I LIKE what you did there !

"I know that I know nothing"
~ Socrates ~

You continue to show that you are the only true, active philosopher upon this forum.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:The I does not know.

The I is the known.

Yes, I know.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...........................................................................................
WTF?

Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Harbal wrote:

The I is the known.

Yes, I know.
True, Harbal! It is communicated effectively, well knowing that the English text is understood, truthfully, to others speaking English. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Yes, I know.

No, The I doesn't know.

There is ONLY ''Knowing''

I is known to that ONE ....therefore, the known I cannot be the knower...to know you know implies two knowers.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

I LIKE what you did there !

~ Socrates ~

You continue to show that you are the only true, active philosopher upon this forum.

Yes, and thanks for your honest and genuine support ..only a true philosopher can meet another true philosopher, namely, itself .. :wink: :P

PS...you are like me, we are not afraid to be our true self, the real fictional character. :wink:

Thanks for being here Bill. . . . I really enjoy your posts too.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Harbal wrote:

The I is the known.

Yes, I know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju-lslMaj9w
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Necromancer wrote: True, Harbal! It is communicated effectively, well knowing that the English text is understood, truthfully, to others speaking English. :)
No 'human' ever communicated, speaking or language is only ever 'silence' sounding.

The human mind knows the word 'I' which is sound, not silence, which means the human mind does not know what 'I' is and can never know 'I'. This is because the human ear cannot receive silence for the mind to recognise silence. The human mind has evolved to receive sound as words and not silence. So our daily life is thinking, and this thinking is illusory and not actual meaning real.

The word is known by the mind, the mind knows itself as a word, the word '' human'' is known by the mind that can never be known.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
Thanks for being here Bill. . . .
Where is here? There is no here, there is no Bill. Bill is just a concept and whoever it was that conceived him wants shooting.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Of course not I is just a letter.

The I is the known.
I would say that the I was created.

Actually one should command the language before being considered as knowing anything.

Actually BB, what's immediate is that you learn of knowing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Of course not I is just a letter.
Letters form words and words are heard as sound. Sound is an auditory illusion of the senses manufactured by thought through the senses. There is no actual I there apart from the knowledge which informs illusory reality ..as words are not what you are.
SpheresOfBalance wrote:I would say that the I was created.
Artificially so, as knowledge informs illusory reality. That which already is - is real, the real is uncreated...only the artificial is created.

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Actually one should command the language before being considered as knowing anything.
Knowledge (perception) knows the world, but cannot know the perceiver, because there isn't one separate from the perceived conception of it.Therefore the perception of 'me' knowing anything is an artificially constructed idea.
SpheresOfBalance wrote:Actually BB, what's immediate is that you learn of knowing.
One does not learn how to be. Beingness does not require to learn knowingness in order to be. Beingness knows how to be, by just being. You do not learn to breathe or learn how to use your senses, it's all automatic and spontaneous happening of Beingness.

Beingness has no 'me' component. The 'me' and the 'world' are manufactured by the THOUGHTS through the senses. These thoughts come and go. Beingness never came and cannot go. You are Beingness - not thought.

Thought claims ownership of Beingness, an identification appears, and from that experience, knowledge of 'me' is artificially born.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Being that I don't know what dontaskme is even talking about, I'll respond to this:

~ Socrates ~
Socrates contradicts himself on at least two levels here.

On one, he plainly exhibits that he knows his native language enough to communicate abstract ideas with it.

On another, he makes a truth claim about some objective property of reality - that he knows nothing. If he knows nothing, then how does he know that he knows nothing?

It is easy to create "deepities" (Dan Dennett) when you haven't properly defined what it is you are talking about - namely "knowledge" and "knowing".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Trajk Logik wrote:Being that I don't know what dontaskme is even talking about, I'll respond to this:

~ Socrates ~
Socrates contradicts himself on at least two levels here.
I'll just answer this seeming contradiction. Then maybe Bill can add his view as well.

My answer is very simple....Socrates doesn't exist ..so no contradiction can be possible. There is a ''knowing'' that knows this, And that knowing cannot be known, for it is the only ''knowing' there is.

The only 'knowing' there is...is a 'knowing' that cannot be known.

There's an energetic expression that appears as the I am and that I am knows it is. IT appears as a someone (Socrates) knowing... What that 'knowing' is...is and ever will be totally unknown. And YOU are THAT KNOWING...that's unknown.

This is not known by a ''someone'' ..a ''someone'' is the ''known'', known by that which cannot be known.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

That which is known is inseparable from the knowing.

While ever knowing all that is knowable, Knowing knows not itself, nor the nature of it's knowing.

Knowing and Being are One. All that is known, is One's image... it is what One imagines itself to be.

As for 'imagination' and 'knowing'... is there any 'thing' 'imagined' that is not 'known'?