Spirituality is about finding out who you are.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Spirituality is about finding out who you are.

Post by Dontaskme »

All that is heard or that is about to be read or heard is non-existent.

The knower of knowledge, the awareness of knowledge, the witness of knowledge is an illusion...simply because knowledge aka words and concepts are themselves illusory, therefore the knower is also part of the same illusion. There is nothing behind language. Everything is a concept, behind which there is nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.

You are nothing perceivable, or conceivable. There is no birth, there is no death, there is no person,it's all a concept, it's all an illusion. Behind the concept there is nothing here but empty silence.The knower of the illusion is part of the illusion. The illusion doesn't know it's an illusion and is why knowledge is illusory.

Imagine a human life without language / words/ concepts?That's what you are, you are prior to any concept you have about yourself. You are in essence no different from a tree that doesn't know it lives or dies. When pain arises in your body, it's a sensation that's not personal arising purely because of the evolution of the nervous system, but this nervous system is not human, it's part of the dynamic of aliveness. When an animal is in pain it does not mope around cursing or asking why me, it has no concept of being a me. Pain does not happen to me, it's free, it comes and goes in me, so it can't be me because me is always here whether pain is present or not, me is not a concept, I have no concept of myself remember?

Me or I is a reference point only, for the sake of communication...aka the pretence of being separate. In truth who you are is not a concept, but concepts are needed to point you back to who you are... "All pointers point to what is not."

There is no one here to say that is who I am, concepts are not what you are. Because there is nothing behind a word. We take the word for something real existing including the word human and that energy gets locked inside the body...and we run with that because there is nothing else. And yes, indeed it apparently works ..the illusion does appear to be appearing real to us...or so it seems...

This of course is an unpopular truth, which does not have many followers, because what can the mind do with nothing????.. to counteract that obvious dilemma, the concept of you is born. The brain takes the word for a literal thing that exists. It doesn't know the thing that lives is actually a concept arising from nothing or no where, it doesn't ever question or objects to the word it believes is real...It doesn't think where do all these words come from, it doesn't realise they come from nothing and return to nothing, and that the words are just appearing to be something that's not actually there/here. Paradoxically, it does realise, because the opposite of unknowing , exists in the same space as knowing...as with all concepts, they originate in the same empty space.

The space between all words is also what gives the illusion there is something in the word that is real and meaningful. If not for the empty space between the words, the words wouldn't even make sense, so the empty gaps are essential for the illusion of meaningful knowledge and a knower of that knowledge to appear. Therefore behind the illusion of the appearance of words and a knower of such is the silent emptiness in which they appear. So here it is seen that what ever is appearing is appearing in emptiness and is inseparable from it. In other words there is nothing to make anything from / of...and that everything is made from the same stuff it's appearing in namely, nothing,therefore it's all an illusion, aka concept.

"All pointers point to what is not."

There is a boundless effortless freedom to all of this knowledge. And that essentially is who you are.

You are the empty screen on which the movie is being played, you are the player, the played and the playing simultaneously, although what ever happens in the movie, never effects the screen.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Spirituality is about finding out who you are.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

If that is the case, then everything you just said is nonsense, and illusion, and does not exist.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

The absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth? Maybe if you didn't state it yourself it might be true.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 pm All that is heard or that is about to be read or heard is non-existent.

The knower of knowledge, the awareness of knowledge, the witness of knowledge is an illusion...simply because knowledge aka words and concepts are themselves illusory, therefore the knower is also part of the same illusion. There is nothing behind language. Everything is a concept, behind which there is nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.

You are nothing perceivable, or conceivable. There is no birth, there is no death, there is no person,it's all a concept, it's all an illusion. Behind the concept there is nothing here but empty silence.The knower of the illusion is part of the illusion. The illusion doesn't know it's an illusion and is why knowledge is illusory.

Imagine a human life without language / words/ concepts?That's what you are, you are prior to any concept you have about yourself. You are in essence no different from a tree that doesn't know it lives or dies. When pain arises in your body, it's a sensation that's not personal arising purely because of the evolution of the nervous system, but this nervous system is not human, it's part of the dynamic of aliveness. When an animal is in pain it does not mope around cursing or asking why me, it has no concept of being a me. Pain does not happen to me, it's free, it comes and goes in me, so it can't be me because me is always here whether pain is present or not, me is not a concept, I have no concept of myself remember?

Me or I is a reference point only, for the sake of communication...aka the pretence of being separate. In truth who you are is not a concept, but concepts are needed to point you back to who you are... "All pointers point to what is not."

There is no one here to say that is who I am, concepts are not what you are. Because there is nothing behind a word. We take the word for something real existing including the word human and that energy gets locked inside the body...and we run with that because there is nothing else. And yes, indeed it apparently works ..the illusion does appear to be appearing real to us...or so it seems...

This of course is an unpopular truth, which does not have many followers, because what can the mind do with nothing????.. to counteract that obvious dilemma, the concept of you is born. The brain takes the word for a literal thing that exists. It doesn't know the thing that lives is actually a concept arising from nothing or no where, it doesn't ever question or objects to the word it believes is real...It doesn't think where do all these words come from, it doesn't realise they come from nothing and return to nothing, and that the words are just appearing to be something that's not actually there/here. Paradoxically, it does realise, because the opposite of unknowing , exists in the same space as knowing...as with all concepts, they originate in the same empty space.

The space between all words is also what gives the illusion there is something in the word that is real and meaningful. If not for the empty space between the words, the words wouldn't even make sense, so the empty gaps are essential for the illusion of meaningful knowledge and a knower of that knowledge to appear. Therefore behind the illusion of the appearance of words and a knower of such is the silent emptiness in which they appear. So here it is seen that what ever is appearing is appearing in emptiness and is inseparable from it. In other words there is nothing to make anything from / of...and that everything is made from the same stuff it's appearing in namely, nothing,therefore it's all an illusion, aka concept.

"All pointers point to what is not."

There is a boundless effortless freedom to all of this knowledge. And that essentially is who you are.

You are the empty screen on which the movie is being played, you are the player, the played and the playing simultaneously, although what ever happens in the movie, never effects the screen.
If spirituality is finding who you are, generally in the midst of "darkness" or "ignorance", can it not also be said that spirituality is "creating oneself from nothingness?"

I am not arguing against you, as I agree, it just appears to me that "finding" and "creating" are very similar in nature.
bahman

Post by bahman »

I think we are same in our essence but different in surface.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

I agree that 'Spirituality is about finding out who you are.' However, what I am is my own predilection or antagonism. Sure, there is self-evident meaning, though, and I believe this is what defines us best. We all wish for happiness. That's one way of defining who we are as humans.