The reason why knowledge is illusory.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

The reason why knowledge is illusory.

Post by Dontaskme »

One may know one is going to die, but no one knows one is dead.

You have no way of knowing you are alive. You were not there at your birth.
uwot

Re: The reason why knowledge is illusory.

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote:You were not there at your birth.
So who was present at my birth?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:You were not there at your birth.
So who was present at my birth?
No one was present except presence itself. There is only this timeless boundless free presence aka present moment and in this moment you are nothing, pure nothingness. Nothing is everything and everything is nothing.Nothing lasts forever. You believe you exist as a human being and you make decisions, you make choices. You do certain things in this world. This is not true. It is No thing doing everything.

Can the doer be separated from the doing? Life is one unitary movement within itself. In motion, we cannot find our location. In stillness, we cannot find our shape. Between these two feelings, all bones are rising and falling in nothingness.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote:There is only this timeless boundless free presence aka present moment and in this moment you are nothing, pure nothingness.
Gotta disagree with you there, Dontaskme. I may be very wrong about my status in this present moment, but whatever it is, it isn't pure nothingness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

uwot wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:There is only this timeless boundless free presence aka present moment and in this moment you are nothing, pure nothingness.
Gotta disagree with you there, Dontaskme. I may be very wrong about my status in this present moment, but whatever it is, it isn't pure nothingness.
Not nothingness as in pure absence, I mean nothingness as in not a thing, aka no thing ...presence is no thing being everything, no thing is everything, and everything is nothing, you are that. Nothingness is not an experience because it is everything. You cannot experience the absence of yourself. Paradoxically, you cannot experience your presence either. Can the experiencer be separated from the experience?

Knowledge informs illusory reality. It is one with the knowing. You are neither present nor absent. You are both simultaneously.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:One may know one is going to die,

TRUE

but no one knows one is dead.

TRUE

You have no way of knowing you are alive.

LOONEY TUNES

You were not there at your birth.

LOONEY TUNES

What is "you" changes. When you are honest about that, your objection disappears.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Dontaskme wrote:
Speak for your self!! Are you a gooseberry bush by any chance?
amjadiqbal

Post by amjadiqbal »

Your question is so simple:
Here goes a short explanation

We intend to believe that we are alive because we are not among dead.
We are not dead because we live among living people.
Now who can prove that dead are living and living are dead?
I have already mentioned in a different post that we have nothing except relativity and comparisons.
That's all buddy
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
What is "you" changes. When you are honest about that, your objection disappears.
Appearances change in that which never changes. You are that. That's all folks.

And thanks amjadiqbal ..well said.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

A_Seagull wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Speak for your self!! Are you a gooseberry bush by any chance?
I can only speak for myself, I have no knowing of any other self. Any knowing of other is my own self projection.This is knowable as one with the knowing unknowable even to itself.

There is life but no one is living it. I have no way of looking at myself, for I am already known but not by I - I was not present at my birth, I am birth. I am not present at my death. I am death.

When the moment in life is without a letter or a word it is non-duality. When the moment in mind is with a letter or a word it is duality.

Written words are optical illusions of light. Spoken words are auditory illusions of sound.

Knowledge informs the known IS what it is. Wisdom reveals the known is NOT what it is.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

amjadiqbal wrote:Your question is so simple:

I have already mentioned in a different post that we have nothing except relativity and comparisons.
That's all buddy
And you pretend to have a 100+ IQ.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

amjadiqbal wrote:Your question is so simple:

That's all buddy
Man is conscious of the aliveness (action, word or thought) of the moment with certainty, only after it happens and never before it happens. Man can never premeditate the aliveness of the moment with certainty. Each moment is passing away, dying into this eternal stillness that is going nowhere.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

No thing is living life. Life flows and the flow of life (light) manifests an illusory auditory and optical illusion of dreams to an illusory man and only in the illusory mind of a human being. Life has no intentions, because life which is light has no cause. Only that which has cause has intention, which is the ego. And the ego is an auditory illusion of sound. Life has manifested sound that appears as knowledge and beliefs, albeit illusory. This means the dreams and knowledge only appear to be present to an illusory man but are not actually present. Presence is actually empty and full at the same time and is liked to a dream.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote:Can the experiencer be separated from the experience?
I don't know. This goes back to the Islamic philosopher Avicenna's argument of the flying man, revamped and incorporated into western philosophy by Descartes' Cogito. Both Avicenna and Descartes argued that the experiencer and the experience are fundamentally separate things, they were mind or soul/body dualists.
Dontaskme wrote:Knowledge informs illusory reality.
Knowledge of what? Certainly perception informs of reality, and our human perceptions are contingent; so while a fire engine appears red because that is this sensation stimulated by particular wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation, it doesn't follow that the fire engine is illusory. Maybe it is, but the experience is real.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dontaskme wrote:No thing is living life. Life flows and the flow of life (light) manifests an illusory auditory and optical illusion of dreams to an illusory man and only in the illusory mind of a human being.
Incoherent. It's well known that the senses don't pick up reality but provide a sketchy facsimile of reality.
Dontaskme wrote:Life has no intentions, because life which is light has no cause. Only that which has cause has intention, which is the ego. And the ego is an auditory illusion of sound.
"Life, which is light"? Justify that claim.
Dontaskme wrote:Life has manifested sound that appears as knowledge and beliefs, albeit illusory.
Life has manifested sound? Meaningless.