you can talk yourself out of anything being real!

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: you can talk yourself out of anything being real!

Post by Greta »

A_Seagull wrote:
Greta wrote:
A_Seagull wrote:Yes, most of what passes for philosophy is nothing but a jumble of words with nothing that resembles a new or interesting idea.
Seems like a bale of straw there. These are people groping for greater meaning and understanding, just as many of us here are trying to do. The technical, nitpicking aspects of philosophy and propositional "hieroglyphics" don't interest me either, but "a jumble of words" is not the writer's problem but yours - the effect of material on a bored and/or uncomprehending observer.
You make a lot of inferences based on very little evidence. Perhaps you could try to be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.
I do not know what you are trying to say with this reply. Your quote is clear and I queried it. There's not much to infer. If you consider something to be a "jumble of words" what else might be mean aside from boredom or lack of comprehension?

You have not clearly explained "the problem", other than you don't like some philosophical approaches. Given that I don't engage in formal philosophy I'm not sure how I suddenly become part of the problem. Are you having a bad day?