How closely related are free will and abstract thinking?

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RG1

Re: How closely related are free will and abstract thinking?

Post by RG1 »

HexHammer wrote:
RG1 wrote:Thanks Hex, I was unaware that such a book existed. Where may I find this 'book of truth'? (...so that I can then "go read up on it").
Have you been sheltered as a kid?
Nope, probably less sheltered than the average bear. Also, I have been fortunate in that I have never been 'told' what I shall believe (and hold as true), whether it be a book, a person, a school, a church or other. Therefore my truths are my own (and not from something I "read up on").

If I have erred with any statement of mine, I am open to you (logically) proving me wrong.
Or is it your preference to sit on the sidelines and throw comical pot shots?
Either way is okay with me.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

HexHammer wrote:
RG1 wrote:Free-will and thinking are myths. “Abstract” thinking is an even greater myth.
See, 1st line tells all about you, you don't know what you are talking about, same with the rest of your nonsense.

I think it was in the early 1920'ies or 30'ies that most of Europe established that humans indeed could have free will if they were not asked "leading questions" (suggestion)

Abstract thinking is what "normal" people can do, "rain men" can't. Ofcause there's many lvls of abstract thinking, and normal people can only think abstract on very very low lvl.

Go read up on it, you speak straight out of yoru ass.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RG1,

"Therefore my truths are my own"

According to you, you're merely the receiver of experience and thought, so -- by way of your own conclusions (which, if you're right, aren't yours at all) -- those truths are not yours...you're just the conduit for them...no more responsible for the 'fine idea' (or the bad one) than a toilet is for the shit and piss it flushes away.

Can't have it both ways, RG1.
RG1

Re:

Post by RG1 »

henry quirk wrote:...no more responsible for the 'fine idea' (or the bad one) than a toilet is for the shit and piss it flushes away.
Bingo. Yes, you are correct.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nope, you're (still) wrong.

*shrug*
RG1

Post by RG1 »

HexHammer wrote:I think it was in the early 1920'ies or 30'ies that most of Europe established that humans indeed could have free will if they were not asked "leading questions" (suggestion).
And you believe this? Is this your logical proof of "free-will"?
HexHammer wrote:Abstract thinking is what "normal" people can do, "rain men" can't. Ofcause there's many lvls of abstract thinking, and normal people can only think abstract on very very low lvl.
What specifically do you mean by "abstract thinking"? And how do you know this?
HexHammer wrote: ...you speak straight out of yoru ass.
Ditto.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

RG1 wrote:
HexHammer wrote:I think it was in the early 1920'ies or 30'ies that most of Europe established that humans indeed could have free will if they were not asked "leading questions" (suggestion).
HexHammer wrote:Abstract thinking is what "normal" people can do, "rain men" can't. Ofcause there's many lvls of abstract thinking, and normal people can only think abstract on very very low lvl.
Ditto.
Please do speak to me Again when you have a job paying more than just 100k dollars, you are really too kuku.
RG1

Post by RG1 »

HexHammer wrote:Please do speak to me Again when you have a job paying more than just 100k dollars, ...
Ummm, okay I'm already there (~12X that amount), what do you want to speak about?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

RG1 wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Please do speak to me Again when you have a job paying more than just 100k dollars, ...
Ummm, okay I'm already there (~12X that amount), what do you want to speak about?
you have a job that pays way more than 100,000 dollars? ..sorry if I doubt you.

..and what job would that be?
RG1

Post by RG1 »

HexHammer wrote:
RG1 wrote:
you have a job that pays way more than 100,000 dollars? ..sorry if I doubt you.

..and what job would that be?
I am the product designer and owner of a small high-tech firm.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

RG1 wrote:I am the product designer and owner of a small high-tech firm.
Then I thnk u'r the first to break the rule of 100k dollars vs stuidity. But it explains why you can get through that filter, since you have no boss and are not an employee.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

RG1 wrote:
Ditto.
I believe it because it's still good and scientific to this day.

Abstract is thinking beyond the obvious, and "outside the box", many academics will blindly follow rules, they'r very skilled if they are told to solve a specific problem with a conclusive solution. I have a brilliant PhD Doc friend with only a team of 5 eggheads, he solved the riddle of migraine, against international teams of both 15 and 30 eggheads. But when told in an auditorium from a doc, he couldn't solve this: http://able2know.org/topic/152868-1

Do you even know what a "rain man" is?