~ Post ~

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Post ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

None of know where we came from...or why we are here.

If we think we understand ANYTHING we can be sure we are wrong.

For some reason, the most important thing to us are metaphors.

For instance a post here upon a forum is a place where you can temporally tie a thought. Just as an individual would temporally tie a horse to a post.

It's temporally accepted to be correct.

...and allows us to project a meaning where there actually is none.

Arising_uk

Re: ~ Post ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.None of know where we came from ...
Don't know about you but I came from my parents.
p.s. you're missing an "us".
or why we are here.
That is for each to decide.
If we think we understand ANYTHING we can be sure we are wrong.
Then I think this, "None of know where we came from or why we are here.", is wrong then?
For some reason, the most important thing to us are metaphors.
Not 'the' most important thing, you do like your "The's" don't you, but for sure an important tool in communication.
For instance a post here upon a forum is a place where you can temporally tie a thought. Just as an individual would temporally tie a horse to a post.
You must have a lot of cloned horses as you post the same thing all over the weeb's forums.
It's temporally accepted to be correct.
By whom? As most of your stuff is permanently contradictory and as such are incorrect.
...and allows us to project a meaning where there actually is none..
Then you misunderstand the point of metaphor.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

I picture the universe as a undulating blob of nonsensical runes being pumped out of a zero point like a writhing dumb hose.

In essence, we exist not by design, but by a stupid universe that does nothing than pump out existence and suffering mindlessly. The goal is to put a lid on it, destroy the zero point, and rebel against our mindless Creator, destroying ourselves along with it, in a blaze of glory.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:In essence, we exist not by design, but by a stupid universe that does nothing than pump out existence and suffering mindlessly. The goal is to put a lid on it, destroy the zero point, and rebel against our mindless Creator, destroying ourselves along with it, in a blaze of glory.
What's the point? As it's all going to fizzle-out in the end.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:In essence, we exist not by design, but by a stupid universe that does nothing than pump out existence and suffering mindlessly. The goal is to put a lid on it, destroy the zero point, and rebel against our mindless Creator, destroying ourselves along with it, in a blaze of glory.
What's the point? As it's all going to fizzle-out in the end.
It's just how I picture it. Science says the big bangs already over, but do we know for sure if theres energy still being streamed in the universe?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: It's just how I picture it. Science says the big bangs already over, but do we know for sure if there's energy still being streamed in the universe?
Interesting bit of speculation, it sounds like me several years ago.

Space does not streach. by thedoc
Jan 25, 2009 5:43:49 AM
Hello , Thankyou for the reply, actually I do believe in the idea that the large scale structure of the universe resembles bubbles. What I do not agree with is the theory that the universe is expanding because space itself is stretching, which is related to, but not the cause of the structure. Indeed the overall shape of the whole universe is un-kown, as we can only observe an area approximately 93 billion light years in diameter. There are scientists (Margret Gellor is one) who have been mapping the position of galaxies and have discovered the structure that resembles a froth of soap bubbles, that work is ongoing. I do not disbelieve their findings but offer my own explanation of that structure. The 'Big Bang' of creation is ongoing with new matter and space coming into existence within the voids forming the structure that is observed. If space were stretching everywhere including within atoms the increase in each atom would indeed be undetectable. My point was that all atoms and molecules would expand along with humans and their instruments and the whole universe, and that expansion would be undetectable. The argument might be made that the speed of light is a constant and in an expanding universe would appear to slow down, but time is not a constant and time would slow so the measured speed of light would remain constant. I disagree with the stretching of space and say that space is expanding because there is more of it.
by thedoc
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The idea of a stream of 'energy/matter' causing the expansion was Hoyle's steady state universe but it's been abandoned.

The theory is that it's not space that is expanding but space-time.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:The idea of a stream of 'energy/matter' causing the expansion was Hoyle's steady state universe but it's been abandoned.

The theory is that it's not space that is expanding but space-time.

Yes in conjunction with the steady state universe it should be abandon, but it could be incorporated into the current Big bang model as an explanation for the expansion of the universe.

And my post was based on the idea that more space, time and matter was coming into existence up to the present time. The space-time idea must be a more recent variation of the original concept.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.You are an ignorant piece of shit.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I thank ALL of your very spirited & well thought-out responses.

LOVE this topic. Been here before.

Again, we don't know why we are here nor where we came from. We cannot know anything.

...but metaphors seem to allow us to feel as if we can understand a bit of something.

Thoughts, words, images, create a post to tie feelings to.

Thank you for tying some of your thoughts here.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
We cannot know anything.
Then you can't know this, "we don't know why we are here nor where we came from." :roll: What a gnu!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
. We cannot know anything.

Are you sure about that?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yes, I am certain.

The only thing I know for certain is that we cannot know anything.

thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Yes, I am certain.

The only thing I know for certain is that we cannot know anything.

Then you've just refuted yourself, if we know that we can't know anything, then that is something that you claim that we know for certain, and that negates the statement that we can't know anything, since we do know that we can't know anything.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Exactly.