The absolute truth...Is it a feeling? (stupid thread)

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

The absolute truth...Is it a feeling? (stupid thread)

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

This thread is stupid, I have better text out there, pay this no heed, move on to other texts that are much more important, such as my Intermind beta thread. I dont even know why Bill ever liked this thread, its dumb.

last week in one of seminars we discussed the absolute truth. Which is, of course, existence itself. But existence is only a feeling.

But...

What if some truths were absolute, and not just absolute, but absolute because they were feelings.

Consider this...

If you were to erase your mind of all definitions, and mental associations of the word "fairy tale"...

If you were to spend some days in the forums...Getting to see the word fairy tale used like

"That's not true, that's a fairytale. Your ancient belief system is a fairytale. What a load. Do you seriously believe that fairytale?"

Provided fairytale was erased from the google search database and dictionary..

Would you not perceive "fairytale" as a feeling of lie? And would you not also perceive "fairytale" as a negative feeling? And would you not also derive the same exact emotional, mental, and sensory sensational experience as everyone else who uses the word, including your prior self before your memory was wiped? The word would maintain its identity, it's specialness, it unique feeling and property?

Does this not make the truth of the word fairytale an absolute? Because it is a universal feeling? Even to alien, once they learned English, would it not be the same to them? To anyone who could discern it's truth? Provided that "fairytale" is "fairytale" to their eyes, and not discerned as some other shape of letters, or scrambled by the internet to form as something else to them, would not "fairytale"'s essence be a universal absolute?

Or, perhaps it is due to a global conscious creating it's aura. Perhaps if one was to alter the global consciousness, even the mona lisa could be hailed as scraprubbish.
Last edited by GreatandWiseTrixie on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Re: The absolute truth...Is it a feeling?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I believe the absolute truth is a state of being.

Understanding that, in the way that I do, I also believe that our absolute truth is neither anywhere near an absolute or for that matter anywhere near anything that could be truth.

I must say I REALLY respect the way you formulated this thread. Well done.

You may be operating in a whole new level than the rest of us.

I haven't seen anything like your post upon this site since it began.

WTF Rick Lewis?
...Perhaps it's time to recognize one of your active members???

GreatandWiseTrixie

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

I believe the absolute truth is a state of being.

Understanding that, in the way that I do, I also believe that our absolute truth is neither anywhere near an absolute or for that matter anywhere near anything that could be truth.

I must say I REALLY respect the way you formulated this thread. Well done.

You may be operating in a whole new level than the rest of us.

I haven't seen anything like your post upon this site since it began.

WTF Rick Lewis?
...Perhaps it's time to recognize one of your active members???

This post? It's not even my crownin achievement'. You know which one it is...
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You've had a lot of GREAT posts here. I'd like to think your crowning achievement is in front of you; Still yet to come.

GreatandWiseTrixie

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

You've had a lot of GREAT posts here. I'd like to think your crowning achievement is in front of you; Still yet to come.

I don't see how anything could be better than destroying the universe or creating a utopia.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...you just topped yourself.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:last week in one of seminars we discussed the absolute truth. Which is, of course, existence itself. But existence is only a feeling. ...
Er!? No, its a phenomenon. What do you mean by a 'feeling'?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:last week in one of seminars we discussed the absolute truth. Which is, of course, existence itself. But existence is only a feeling. ...
Er!? No, its a phenomenon. What do you mean by a 'feeling'?
Existence is a sensation, one can exist if one were to be blind and thoughtless, if one had pure feelings. All that is required is a contrast.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Existence is a sensation, one can exist if one were to be blind and thoughtless, if one had pure feelings. All that is required is a contrast.
Do rocks exist?
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

feelings are the absolute truth.
Last edited by Nibbana on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Nibbana wrote:feelings are just part of absolute truth.
Can you articulate this absolute truth for us?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Arising_uk wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Existence is a sensation, one can exist if one were to be blind and thoughtless, if one had pure feelings. All that is required is a contrast.
Do rocks exist?
Well rock is a series of runes. If you touch an object associated with that pointer to the memory of "rock" you associate it with "rock" and also other memories of similar objects. People of other cultures have different runes and differents kinds of rocks, but there is at least something about a rock that exists. In a culture with no rocks, the runes rock would not exist, the texture associate with rock would not exist, but existence of something would still exist. How similar depends on the properties.
Nibbana

Post by Nibbana »

Arising_uk wrote:
Do rocks exist?
do rocks themselves know they exist? who knows rocks exist?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Nibbana wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
Do rocks exist?
do rocks themselves know they exist? who knows rocks exist?
No, because rocks don't know they are rocks.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Well rock is a series of runes. If you touch an object associated with that pointer to the memory of "rock" you associate it with "rock" and also other memories of similar objects. People of other cultures have different runes and differents kinds of rocks, but there is at least something about a rock that exists. ...
Yes, that its a rock and it has no feelings but still exists.
In a culture with no rocks, the runes rock would not exist, the texture associate with rock would not exist, but existence of something would still exist. How similar depends on the properties.
If it were similar it would be rock if not then no rock and no 'something still existing'.