The absolute truth...Is it a feeling? (stupid thread)

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nibbana

Re: The absolute truth...Is it a feeling?

Post by Nibbana »

Ginkgo wrote:
Nibbana wrote:feelings are just part of absolute truth.
Can you articulate this absolute truth for us?
Unidentified things (that happen to you.)

For example, a pain is the feeling you have when part of your body hurts.

A pain is an unidentified feeling. But the word 'a pain ' is a sign used to express the feeling. A pain is the absolute truth. People around the world can feel the pain. But they use different signs to express it.

Russians use Russian to express it.
Chinese use Mandarin to express it.
Americans use English to express it.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

GreatandWiseTrixie, are you saying that if the global consciousness is changed then all definitions would change and so absolute truth could only be a feeling in your or my heart? If so, yes, but the feeling would need to be defined though nonetheless. But yes, you are right if that is what you mean. However, with the global consciousness changing, what would be the basis for its change, the way we feel? How do you know that the way we feel remains the same for it may not. Also, with the new global consciousness we would have the same thing again as to what is absolute truth for the global consciousness could change again. So then, what definitions are there presently, they all stay as such, and they are absolute truth because they came due to feeling.
osgart

Post by osgart »

the word truth is a different meaning every time depending on the subject we are talking about. Sometimes it is actuality. Other times its a logic table. Other times it is the virtues of the heart and justice for all, a justice that brings joy and peace to the upright and innocent.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

osgart wrote:
the word truth is a different meaning every time depending on the subject we are talking about. Some times it is actuality. Other times it
is a logic table. Other times it is the virtues of the heart and justice for all a justice that brings joy and peace to the upright and innocent
Sometimes truth is objective. Sometimes it is subjective. It is important to
understand the distinction between the two because they are not the same
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

I think absolute truth is something that stands on its own, not defined using another.
White would be absolute even though there is black its opposite because we can define white without using black. Let's say black is not there, can we not define white? We can, so white is absolute. Dark would also be absolute even though there is day, dawn, light and so on. We can say dark is black, scary, cannot see in the dark etc. Now, I used black, scary and no visibility to define dark. On that basis dark is not absolute. White consequently is also not absolute. Nothing is absolute. Why? Because what would it mean? How do you say that? And if you can, by using a word or two, then it is not absolute. It is said, "Word is God," but word is explained using meaning, so word also cannot be absolute, it could be God for whatever reason 'cause scripture says so, but then God is not absolute. The letters a, b, c, d etc., they cannot be defined unless by using them, so these kinds of letters would be God considering letters are the shortest words. Maybe that is why "God is a word." "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and the word was God." "Sealed unto redemption with the holy spirit(Higher Consciousness - inner guidance) of God." So then word is absolute, God is absolute.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

In simple words, absolute truth is -
Someone is beautiful and we know that for sure - is that not absolutely right? Absolute truth? It is.
People are bad, wicked, good, pretty, intelligent etc., and so forth, and we know that for sure, there is no doubt, so then that is absolutely right, absolutely true - absolute truth.

A feeling is like the subconscious speaking - the subdued consciousness - Higher Consciousness - God. So absolute truth would have to be a feeling.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Beauty wrote:Nothing is absolute.
The absolute drivel you churn out would suggest otherwise.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Harbal wrote:
I was arguing a point and in that context I wrote nothing is absolute and then proved it wrong, having proved that word is absolute, God is absolute, feeling in our heart or at the back of our mind is the subdued consciousness in us - subconsciousness - the subconscious - Higher Consciousness - God - always guiding us in the right direction - so feeling is absolute truth.

From next time please pay attention to the whole context before you start quoting someone out of context, because in another context it is not justified.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Beauty wrote:
Harbal wrote:
I was arguing a point and in that context I wrote nothing is absolute and then proved it wrong, having proved that word is absolute, God is absolute, feeling in our heart or at the back of our mind is the subdued consciousness in us - subconsciousness - the subconscious - Higher Consciousness - God - always guiding us in the right direction - so feeling is absolute truth.

From next time please pay attention to the whole context before you start quoting someone out of context, because in another context it is not justified.
You misunderstand me: I wasn't saying that "nothing is absolute" is drivel, I was saying that everything you post is drivel. So, as I am including everything you write, it can't be out of context.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Harbal wrote:
Beauty wrote:
Harbal wrote: The absolute drivel you churn out would suggest otherwise.

You misunderstand me: I wasn't saying that "nothing is absolute" is drivel, I was saying that everything you post is drivel. So, as I am including everything you write, it can't be out of context.
How sweet! I don't usually get compliments like that, you certainly take the cup-cake! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

surreptitious57 wrote:
osgart wrote:
the word truth is a different meaning every time depending on the subject we are talking about. Some times it is actuality. Other times it
is a logic table. Other times it is the virtues of the heart and justice for all a justice that brings joy and peace to the upright and innocent
Sometimes truth is objective. Sometimes it is subjective. It is important to
understand the distinction between the two because they are not the same
Well maybe, but what IS the distinction?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Feeling reflect a dimension, or degree of the truth, but I would not argue is truth in its entirety together. Just look at the structure of the "feeling".

There is:

A physical component. (individual biology, kinetic circumstance, etc.)
An intellectual component. (an idea, dream, abstract concept)
An exertion of will. (physical or intellectual work)
etc.

All of this, not limited to, is required in order to have a "feeling". Absolute truth may be composed of multiple dimensions of reality that are both individually existing, reflective of each other, and simultaneously synthesizing to form new dimensions.

So to give my argument, yes...only as a degree reflective of a larger whole, yet nonetheless necessary.
osgart

Post by osgart »

For me it is the joy and peace I get from what I truly love. I actually hope life is eternal. oh the tragedy of ceasing to exist when life it is that you love.
in ceasing to exist I have to be glad for the people I truly know as long as I am alive they were worth the time I gave them and I made a difference in their lives and gave them some happiness.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

This thread of mine is old and stupid and outdated. Pay it no heed, my brain has gotten bigger since I made this thread, I have made much better threads in the meantime.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

I'd say Gnosis is the absolute truth to all people if they value their own mystical insights as to what is real concerning the metaphysical of God's 'creation.' I would use creation as a term meaning self-arisen yet also arisen by another.