Beyond the Frontiers of Epistemology

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Montgomery77

Post by Montgomery77 »

The epic model of systems of knowledge in the last 2000 years of western thought have been dominated by the "unity of being" with all its moments in the continuity of a line. It would be most uncritical - like certain administrators of academia, who are both the preservers of the existing order and guardians of limitation- to disregard active schisms at work in the center or corner of all these dominating ideological codes. Inversely, in regards to Nontology and its movements, it seems equally presumptuous to pretend to break- in one decisive blow- not just the first principles but the entire wheel of these rigorously constructed systems.

For the time being however, what we can do is enter key textual realms in the history of knowledge from a sudden and surprising angle, poly-section, or disjunction; overturning its claims to finality by use of its own logic, highlight its slips of discontinuity, missing parts, breakages -elaborate its recourse to doubling and innumerability, reveal the authorizer that wrote (itself) in between its conceptual pairs,binarism, or pre-critical coding.

This non movement, far from remaining some useless intellectual game on one hand, or "cerebral terrorism" on the other, renews the complete historical site of knowledge in all its forms, from theology to literature, by reactivating certain moments, in its interior, where a given system expands beyond the frontiers that its logical patterns set up for it.
jackles

Re: Beyond the Frontiers of Epistemology

Post by jackles »

What are you talkin about here monty. In simple everyday terms please. What ya point man. Jah will be waiting for you.ha
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Very interesting take on philosophy. I agree that we definitely need to critically reflect upon philosophical systems and ideas, if we are to gain a fuller picture of reality. I've read some your other posts; you have some deep insights, and I sure will be looking forward to reading more of your stuff.
Montgomery77

Post by Montgomery77 »

Well we are discussing here the END OF AN AGE, the END OF A SEASON, the END OF "METAPHYSICS", "SYSTEMS OF KNOWLEDGE", the END OF PHILOSOPHY"

- the end of what has been historically thought under those heading-

...And the GREAT GAME ahead of us (Nontology)
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Montgomery77 wrote:Well we are discussing here the END OF AN AGE, the END OF A SEASON, the END OF "METAPHYSICS", "SYSTEMS OF KNOWLEDGE", the END OF PHILOSOPHY"

- the end of what has been historically thought under those heading-

...And the GREAT GAME ahead of us (Nontology)
I am not sure, though, that I could agree on if there could ever be an 'End of an Age', or the end of Metaphysics and Knowledge. As a matter of fact, I think that it's always important for people to delve into knowledge, because that's part of our natural functions, to reason and communicate it to others. Thus, I am not sure about Nontology; how could we approach Nontology, or really approach nothingness, as you propose?
Montgomery77

Post by Montgomery77 »

Nontology is not sure about itself- it eludes all "finality", all systems of knowledge, all forms of domination and mastery.

It's the unity of confusion and order in "calculations without end":

'THERE IS NO "NONTOLOGY"'

-father/son of the nontological science

Nontology claims to be a mode of "de-logicizing" systems, codes, sciences, theologies, and all other forms of knowledge;

(it) reopens the circuit or system whose sense of totality rests on a great Myth of origination and full, self-actualized, "living truth".

Yet this "non", a space in the system (that is) non-identical to the rest of it - in fact, (it is) beyond identification- already occupies, in its contours, nooks, and asymmetrical centers, a position without points in the framework of the system itself.

Therefore, there is no "Nontology", if by that we mean an independent logic whose "methods" and "principles" can be stated here in a reasonable fashion; A logic that comes on the scene and disrupts- from the outside- the smooth continuum of reasonable discourse.

NON IS ALREADY AT WORK IN THE INSIDE OF EVERY SYSTEM