What is wise?

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Blaggard wrote:in reality what reality yours, mine that guy over there, Jebus's?
Any reality you care to think of and every reality you can't.
So you are saying you perceive the absolute truth and hence therein all tautologies must be true?
All logical tautologies are absolutely necessarily true.
I think truth is a misnomer, truthiness is a better word.
I think this the probable truth of Physics and the empirical world.
If you can of course prove anything is absolutely true for every one anywhere ever, tautology or not, a prize awaits in the annals of history.
It would have to be a tautology. So far the prize is Aristotle's, but he may have pinched it, which is partly why he's been in the annals of history for the past few thousand years.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Sigh now that is a circular argument you know things exist therefore you are implying you know the truth, how does that make any sense?

You seem to be missing the point, how do we know what truth is, do we know it because some things exist or we exist? Is that the extent of your logical journey I exist therefore truth must be absolute?
It would have to be a tautology. So far the prize is Aristotle's, but he may have pinched it, which is partly why he's been in the annals of history for the past few thousand years.
So Aristotle knows absolute truth too. I somehow doubt it, he is a liar hence and an imposter, as he never said anything remotely of the sort.

Do you know how to prove that something is perfectly true or not, stop mincing around in antiquity and answer this question?
I think this the probable truth of Physics and the empirical world.
I think you are delusional, am I right how would I prove it?


I can claim I know perfectly everything, including that you are as mad as a nail, and a figment of your own imagination, but the chances of convincing anyone of anything resides only in proof, how do you prove anything is true absolutely?
Talk is cheap saying you know an absolute truth beyond any subjectivity is not the same as proving it.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Something cannot exist and not exist.

Something can either exist or not exist.

Tell me how to falsify these with respect to truth and falsity and you will be forever remembered.

If you say that we cannot know if there is existence you just contradict yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14784

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Who cares my point is about truth not existence.

You are saying that existence is truth then, and hence existence proves absolute truth beyond doubt, since that is all you care about prove that? Just existing implies you know absolute truth.

Or do I have to iterate my point again?

This question is not a question I care to reiterate, so if you cannot answer it don't bother banging on about existence, without answering how absolutely you know the truth, no one cares. Not even you by now if you are honest.

We cannot know if there is existence? What a pointless question given what I said? Do you ever read or more importantly comprehend anything anyone says, or are you just waiting for a pause in conversation to be as trite as you can be?

Yes shit might exist who cares, we moved on you are still stuck in a recursive loop like some nodding duck full of tap water? Waste your own time if you must but the question is there when and if you can answer it. Absolute truth how do you know it?
Last edited by Blaggard on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:00 am

Blaggard wrote:...
I think you are delusional, am I right how would I prove it?
You'd have to prove that Physics has not abandoned 'True' for 'Probably True'.
I can claim I know perfectly everything, including that you are as mad as a nail, and a figment of your own imagination, but the chances of convincing anyone of anything resides only in proof, how do you prove anything is true absolutely?
Talk is cheap saying you know an absolute truth beyond any subjectivity is not the same as proving it.
You'd have to take a course of Logic and disprove its reasoning.

The truth you talk about are the contingent propositions of Logic but Logic has one other truth and these are the logical tautologies and one other always false 'truth' and these are the logical contradictions, neither of these are empirical but are a priori in that only one instance is needed to know their truth. the contingent propositions on the other hand appear to best be solved by the sciences and appear to need at least two tests to affirm them.

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:04 am

God your boring.

I'd have to take a course in not answering the point from the university of UK does not know but will nonetheless spend the rest of his life not actually anjswering any questions.

Mate who the fuck cares answer the queiiton or don't no one gives a shit even you any more. You don't know you never knew and now you are just disappearing up your own ass as usual. Saying much but answering nothing.

No wonder philosophy is dying, people can't even answer a question let alone supply any answers.

You're as always an inured fossil burried deeply with in your self and rhetoric.

Yes in dickety two you said and I said and then some guy said, who the fuck gives a damn, can you provide an absolute truth or not? If not don't bother waxing on you don't care about answering questions, no one else cares either hence.
Last edited by Blaggard on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 am

Blaggard wrote:Who cares my point is about truth not existence.

You are saying that existence is truth then, and hence existence proves absolute truth beyond doubt, since that is all you care about prove that? Just existing implies you know absolute truth.
No, that I understand Logic tells me that I know of absolutely necessary truths that don't even need existence to be true but do need it to be stated, as they apply to existence.
Or do I have to iterate my point again?
You don't have a point as you don't understand what is being said.
This question is not a question I care to reiterate, so if you cannot answer it don't bother banging on about existence, without answering how absolutely you know the truth, no one cares. Not even you by now if you are honest.
Mind-reader as well are you?
We cannot know if there is existence? What a pointless question given what I said? Do you ever read or more importantly comprehend anything anyone says, or are you just waiting for a pause in conversation to be as trite as you can be?
I didn't say that, I said you might say that we cannot know if it is true we exist and that if you said that you'd be contradicting your existence. On top of that you are using language so you implicitly accept that there is an other existing, even if it is yourself.
Yes shit might exist who cares? Waste your own time if you must but the question is there when and if you can answer it. Absolute truth how do you know it?
By the study of Logic which examines two things, one, the attributes of Existence, and, two, the structure of Reason.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:07 am

I studied my ass once, doesn't make me an expert in assholes, you I don't know might be.

What are you going on about, and once again this banal facile refusal to answer simple questions and then make up peoples arguments for them, whilst waxing lyrical on something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said at all, like some retard on acid is heading you straight to my ignore list with a bullet.

What?

Who?

Who cares? What the fuck are you going on about now?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? As far as I can tell about the same number as anyone who doesn't bother with philosophy at all.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:13 am

Blaggard wrote:God your boring.
I care little for your emotions.
I'd have to take a course in not answering the point from the university of UK does not know but will nonetheless spend the rest of his life not actually anjswering any questions.
I've answered them, you just don't understand them.
Mate who the fuck cares answer the quesiton or don't no one gives a shit even you any more. You don't know you never knew and now you are just disappearing yup your own ass as usual. Saying much but answering nothing.
Still waiting for you to falsify a tautology?
No wonder philosophy is dying, people can't even answer a question let alone supply any answers.
I supplied them, you just don't like them.

People have been saying this about Philosophy since it started and yet here it still is. I'll give you that it's taken a massive dent since the Natural Philosophers metaphysic won the epistemological day(and a good thing to) but Logic still abounds and lo' an' behold, it appears that it once again Philosophy is becoming a subject under schooling as people appear to have trouble with classifying or even understanding the answers from the natural philosophers.
You're as always an inured fossil burried deeply with in your self and rhetoric.
Not rhetoric, something you now appear to be engaging in, but Logic.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 10664
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by Arising_uk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:22 am

Blaggard wrote:I studied my ass once, doesn't make me an expert in assholes, you I don't know might be.

What are you going on about, and once again this banal facile refusal to answer simple questions and then make up peoples arguments for them, whilst waxing lyrical on something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said at all, like some retard on acid is heading you straight to my ignore list with a bullet.

What?

Who?

Who cares? What the fuck are you going on about now?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? As far as I can tell about the same number as anyone who doesn't bother with philosophy at all.
You asked for some absolute truths, I gave them to you. You said 'prove them' but they are the structure of Reason and if you cannot grasp this then you are beyond reason and Logic. That you now engage in your usual blather is typical of you when faced with having to think philosophically.

"... heading you straight to my ignore list with a bullet"

LMFAO! Like the last time eh! And yet here you were talking to me again. Please show some strength of will this time and crush your egotistical insecurity to know if someone is talking about you.

Why! Oh why! Do the numb nuts who use the ignore function, rather than just not reading, insist on telling the person!! Do they think it a threat of some kind? :lol:

thedoc
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by thedoc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:38 am

Arising_uk wrote: Why! Oh why! Do the numb nuts who use the ignore function, rather than just not reading, insist on telling the person!! Do they think it a threat of some kind? :lol:

I would suggest that Blaggard has gone off the deep end of late, and isn't being entirely rational. That you choose to engage him is entirely your chose, but I would suggest it is a wasted effort, unless you are considering any lurkers that may be reading the thread. But I also consider that a lost cause.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:21 am

I make this video for Blaggard, so that he may someday understand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huuXnII-rnw

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:50 am

I really don't think any of you have produced one solid peice of evidence for one absolute truth in any way whatsoever that isn't just sematnitcis or word wank. Talk is cheap show something more than a concept is absolutely true?

Gone off the deep end my ass. Philosophers claim absolutes now just as religious people do, it is just so because I say so. Is that at all anything to do with philosophy, look at uk vacilating wildly without providing a single concrete proof that anything is absolute, and you lap it up, because like most philosophers you are taught the same tired gibberish by the same tired old men. UK creaks with his old mind set, he doesn't need to learn anything about philosophy he is just philosophy arch and lord. His arrogance though aside, just says to me that he is too lazy to really actually answer questions or do any real philosophy because he just knows all the answers; how many books of philosophy have you had independently published, how have you advanced philsophy in your tired old crypt? How many novel ideas about anything have you expounded that didn't come straight from the mouths of better men than you UK: one must ask can you even think for yourself any more?.

It's disheartening to think there are absolutes anywhere be it in science or philosophy, but you have found them, and what are they based on, your fickle and sub standard subjectivity. Overarching reality: absolute truth and absolute reality, you would have to prove any reality first, and you can't and you never have, nor jhas anyone ever and you know it. What is worse you know it only to well but you do like to deny it.


You have to study philosophy to know anything about it, if you haven't read every dense subjective tome you will not understand why there is absolute truth, and you never will. Get bent, you are just using sophistry to justify nothing at all and no proofs. If your masters say jump you say how high.

You're boring trite and far to sure of yourselves, you are becoming religious or worse religion in your convictions. Why is philosophy not studied so much any more, perhaps because those who really create anything are tired of talking to hidebound x must be why plebs 'cause some fucking dead guy said so, and who can argue with the dead...

Blaggard
Posts: 2248
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: What is wise?

Post by Blaggard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:05 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Blaggard wrote:I studied my ass once, doesn't make me an expert in assholes, you I don't know might be.

What are you going on about, and once again this banal facile refusal to answer simple questions and then make up peoples arguments for them, whilst waxing lyrical on something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said at all, like some retard on acid is heading you straight to my ignore list with a bullet.

What?

Who?

Who cares? What the fuck are you going on about now?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? As far as I can tell about the same number as anyone who doesn't bother with philosophy at all.
You asked for some absolute truths, I gave them to you. You said 'prove them' but they are the structure of Reason and if you cannot grasp this then you are beyond reason and Logic. That you now engage in your usual blather is typical of you when faced with having to think philosophically.

"... heading you straight to my ignore list with a bullet"

LMFAO! Like the last time eh! And yet here you were talking to me again. Please show some strength of will this time and crush your egotistical insecurity to know if someone is talking about you.

Why! Oh why! Do the numb nuts who use the ignore function, rather than just not reading, insist on telling the person!! Do they think it a threat of some kind? :lol:
Why do you ignore reality and claim absolutely that all reason is correct just because of axioms you can never prove?

Who died and made you god all of a sudden? You know all of reality all of the universe and how everything works and ever will enough to say that subjectively something any mind can know absolutely the truth.

You must be either ignorant or just plain lazy. What is the point of philosophy any more since all the answers are self evident, because they are absolute.

And stop for fucks sake banging out existence, and I don't like the answers you gave, you mushroom in a dark cave, it's not what it was ever about. I don't like the fact that you have decided reality is absolute on no more basis than your own opinion, stop whining and show me how you can in no uncertain terms say reality is fixed like a rock by your unshakeable knowledge of everything? Or don't your choice. Damned if I care to listen to more specious bs. These truths by my faith and religion I hold to be absolutely true. Really what a pointless and uninformed existence you must lead from your cave.

Uk you are a boring and staid individual who exists to regurgitate other peoples ideas, and no more. If you ever had an original thought anywhere you have yet to show it on this forum. I would work on it if I was you

uwot
Posts: 3251
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What is wise?

Post by uwot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:40 am

Two things that I know of are absolutely true*: as Parmenides pointed out, there is not nothing and, as Descartes pointed out, there is sensation. The trouble is, no one has managed to find any more with which to build a logical structure that is absolutely true about the universe.


*'Spose I'd better point out that I know contingent facts, ('My name is Basil') and tautologies (bachelor=unmarried man) are true.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest