Toward a Unified Epistemology

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MortalKolle

Toward a Unified Epistemology

Post by MortalKolle »

The goal of this thread is to bring together scholars of philosophy and logic in order to produce and publish a comprehensive manuscript dealing with knowledge mining. The publication would allow the transcendence of interesting viewpoints held by the most inquisitive of philosophy forum participants through the virtual-physical realm borders.

Your work must address, ex- or implicitly, some aspect(s) of optimal knowledge accumulation. As for me, my work revolves around information-theoretic approach to sociological and psychological constructs. More specifically, the concept of deviation from rationality is contrasted philosophically, and a mathematical representation of the said contrast is derived.
The body of the script is dedicated to equating epistemology with accurate risk assessment. Introduction of cognitive complexity as one of the key variables in cognitive computation gives rise to a system of probabilistic reasoning that (it is argued) enables optimality of inference. Two open problems from the subfield of prime number theory are considered for further clarification of points made. Finally, the work considers forms of government and macroeconomic systems, again from information-theoretic view and mutual information in particular.

I have a couple of interested publishers but they wish to have a more complete, book-length coverage of the topic while my script is around 20000 words thus far - too long for a journal article but too short for a book. The project, if embraced by all engaged authors, is to be submitted for publication before August 31, 2014.
HexHammer

Re: Toward a Unified Epistemology

Post by HexHammer »

MortalKolle wrote:virtual-physical realm borders.
Maybe you should go to Metaphysics, instead of here.

What you really want in a cozy chat, not something serious. Any reasonable intelligent person would know that a virtual-physical realm is pure nonsense and babble.

..and maybe something more relevant, get your head straight.
Arising_uk

Re: Toward a Unified Epistemology

Post by Arising_uk »

HexHammer wrote:Any reasonable intelligent person would know that a virtual-physical realm is pure nonsense and babble.

..and maybe something more relevant, get your head straight.
Or maybe he just meant the 'virtual/physical realm borders'.