Life and artificial environments

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Cequiel

Life and artificial environments

Post by Cequiel »

Hello to Everybody. My name is Gonzalo and I'm new here, and that's my question:

Now that we have supercomputers and quantum computers, could we create an artificial environment were the life appears spontaneously, in the same way that it appeared 13.000 millions of years ago in the Earth?

Sorry for my English, I'm a Spanish speaker and I already made this question in a Spanish forum of philosophy, but I din't receive any successful reply and I would like to know your opinions.

Thanks!
davidm

Re: Life and artificial environments

Post by davidm »

Cequiel wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:24 pm Hello to Everybody. My name is Gonzalo and I'm new here, and that's my question:

Now that we have supercomputers and quantum computers, could we create an artificial environment were the life appears spontaneously, in the same way that it appeared 13.000 millions of years ago in the Earth?

Sorry for my English, I'm a Spanish speaker and I already made this question in a Spanish forum of philosophy, but I din't receive any successful reply and I would like to know your opinions.

Thanks!
You mean simulations of life generated on a computer, I presume?
Dubious

Re: Life and artificial environments

Post by Dubious »

Cequiel wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:24 pm Hello to Everybody. My name is Gonzalo and I'm new here, and that's my question:

Thanks!
I imagine only on a Star Trek holodeck.