Self-liberation

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Self-liberation

Post by Harbal »

waechter418 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm Being great enough to pervade the whole Universe, mind should not be busied with trivialities and idle talks.

(Hui-Neng)
You obviously think it's a serious matter.
Walker

Post by Walker »

osgart wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 pm why would someone want to be liberated from mind in the first place?
Any reason is relative to the measure, which is life:

Consider the poetry in motion of the people responsible for navigating the forces of mass in motion without collision, at speeds fast in relation to walking, in a daily exercise of a communal mind following the invisible lines of road rules. Seen from high above the movement looks like well-spaced ants. One mind controlling the flow.

Within the one mind controlling the flow is each individual primarily pursuing the selfishness of staying alive, staying alive. Each individual body is most likely relaxed upon a fast-moving lounge chair and thus optimally responsive to light modeling form both inside and outside the windshield, or windscreen, depending on the lingo.

The body rather than the mind is responsible for interpreting the eye stimulus required to navigate the physics of crushing force. The body rather than the mind is responsible for instantaneously crafting the trajectories. The mind is too slow and unreliable for such survival-oriented alertness and would soon wear itself out by constantly sorting through the rummage bin of relevance looking for the right choice. Responsiveness must be immediate and if moments later, that better be a calculation of motion and time and not slowed down by illusions of choice, especially with valuable cargo on board.

This is why the sincere and dedicated practice of self enquiry can be effective for those with a tendency to cling to choices that exist only in the mind.

Another example at slower than highway speeds, known to most everyone, is walking through dense crowds without touching another person, like a bird in a flying flock.

A free mind can freely witness the play of elemental forces such as mass in relative motion, but mind distracted by attachment to thoughts often ends up peering out at its own reflection in the climb up or down the ladder.
osgart

Post by osgart »

listening to you I feel like I am a marble in a labyrinth, and only what's physical matters. the marble is looking for ultimate reality, and perhaps only the best means of merely surviving. and I wonder what would free this marble?
without the mind, you are just a marble. to me the mind liberates as it creates it's way out. it, the mind, shapes it's own reality, from all that is given.

perhaps we get lost in a sea of other minds though, and are overcome in the wash of the familiar. then I, would, wonder , just what the heck I am, and what differentiates me from other minds. am I an individual, or just a cog in a machine with endless parts and no known driver.

as the universe spits us up, and lays waste to all we have become, I wonder if not everything is a trap, but the mind. the mind can invent if it isn't starved of knowledge. and everything knowable is for to make the existence a worthwhile endeavour regardless of what it truly is. does it serve the fulfillment of life? does it put worth in living? conceive of it, invent it, if it's for the life of what?

what at the very least can we love about existence? for if I were just a mind, I would not love one thing. and if I pass through life doing nothing, I might as have well ceased to exist here.

and when love fades away. it's better to have had the experience than not, and hope love shines on for others.

as long as I live that love lives. and I have the joy of the memory, and I know where ever that love has gone too, I'm headed the same way; to oblivion, or the great beyond.

so as long as I live, I can choose to love someone or something, and survive caring.

or simply spend my whole life avoiding pain, and tragedy.

or as some others, find the fun in living, and simply have a good time. and when I'm done, leave the fun for somebody else to enjoy.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Lets not forget - mind is also the home of IMAGINATION :idea: !
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

waechter418 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm Lets not forget - mind is also the home of IMAGINATION :idea: !
It is also the home of creative BSing which allows one the egoistic satisfactions of imagination.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 am
waechter418 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm Lets not forget - mind is also the home of IMAGINATION :idea: !
It is also the home of creative BSing which allows one the egoistic satisfactions of imagination.
What is "BSing" ?
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Mind is not something strange; it might be treated strangely, and even be mistreated, but these are symptoms of self-estrangement - after all mind is one-self.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Harbal wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:10 am
waechter418 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm Being great enough to pervade the whole Universe, mind should not be busied with trivialities and idle talks.

(Hui-Neng)
You obviously think it's a serious matter.
Mind has self-response-ability