What is Space?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: What is Space?

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:11 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 am I remember listening to Brian Cox interviewed on the radio and he stated that a cubic square piece of empty space has enough energy to power the sun for a 1000 years -of course the interviewer didn't have the intelligence to quiz him as to why\how - still intrigues me, as i have a lot of respect for Brian, and in fact all physicist.

How??
I remember him saying that too. I like Brian Cox, watched all his programmes.

So in essence, we have come out of this space, and will return to it. That is in essence all I can know about it.

But then imagination can play the guessing game, and I think there must exist invisible dimensions unseen and unknown to human perception.

Yes, I agree - in fact, sorry to have to go on about God again - but just over last couple of months God was messing with me...again (this has occurred since it introduced itself to me - i remember hardly even bothering to notice the passing of Diana at the time, cos shit was so fucked at the time with my reality.)
I'll give you an example that happened about 6 weeks ago, the power of this 'God' entity over reality - most definitely by controlling other dimensions.
I was waiting for a bus at a bus-stop (like most people that catch buses tend to do!) and it was 0630 in the morning dark and tipping down with rain. I saw a truck coming down the road (and its a bit of a hill its coming down) and I though ok, gonna get swooshed and drenched here, but this truck driver moved his truck to the middle of the road (its a two lane rd) as he approached - i was really surprised by this and put my thumb up to him in appreciation.
Straight after this, again another truck was hammering down the road, and I thought - well the odds of this dude doing the same are going to be pretty slim, so I turned my back to it - so at least only my back would get any drenching. I waited, then turned, and the truck had disappeared!
This was the latest of countless of 'God' dimensional 'miracles' that I have experienced since 1997.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 pm :?:

Any ideas?
The final frontier?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gloominary wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Any ideas?
The final frontier?
Don’t underestimate the power of belief.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMZfRxcATc0
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm I waited, then turned, and the truck had disappeared!
This was the latest of countless of 'God' dimensional 'miracles' that I have experienced since 1997.
If this happened and you witnessed it, believed it to have happened, enough to speak about it to others, then who am I to question it.

Some people are just not ready to believe that science fiction is real. That is to say there is here a Real-World Virtual-Reality happening right under our noses.

10 Reasons the Universe is God’s Video Game. .. http://www.toptenz.net/10-reasons-unive ... o-game.php

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm I waited, then turned, and the truck had disappeared!
If this happened and you witnessed it, believed it to have happened, enough to speak about it to others, then who am I to question it.

Some people are just not ready to believe that science fiction is real. That is to say there is here a Real-World Virtual-Reality happening right under our noses.

10 Reasons the Universe is God’s Video Game. .. http://www.toptenz.net/10-reasons-unive ... o-game.php

I'm not so keen on clicking on links - maybe I will tomorrow. The point I would like to make here is, using the term 'science-fiction' does not make things 'real'. All along on my journey of knowing God\'God' exists I must endeavour to comprehend it from a scientific POV. It IS real, and ergo physics will one day comprehend it.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the longest key on the keyboard...

-Imp
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:28 pm All along on my journey of knowing God\'God' exists I must endeavour to comprehend it from a scientific POV. It IS real, and ergo physics will one day comprehend it.
Unless God brushes up on his physics and realises he has no business being here.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:28 pm All along on my journey of knowing God\'God' exists I must endeavour to comprehend it from a scientific POV. It IS real, and ergo physics will one day comprehend it.
Unless God brushes up on his physics and realises he has no business being here.
God IS

It's you that isn't here.

Come, come, come to the dark side,we got 🍪🍪🍪's

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm
It's you that isn't here.
If you could provide me with proof of that before my next council tax bill arrives I would be most grateful to you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Any ideas?
Who said that?

It's the bits you can walk through.

Although I was thinking that it's the gap between your ears.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Any ideas?
Hi Dam,

Perhaps one way of understanding what space could possibly be is from the perspective of certain interpretations of quantum theory that suggest that reality is holographic-like in nature.

What the holographic concept implies is that there is an interplay taking place between consciousness and that of fields of quantum information...

...an interplay that not only creates what we experience as three-dimensional phenomena, but also the “illusion” of separation (“space”) in between the phenomena when, in fact, there is no separation.

In one of my illustrations below:

...you can see that according to the holographic theory, the three objects are seamlessly intertwined within the context of the underlying fabric from which they are formed.

And what that suggests is that space and matter are both composed of the same informationally-based substance, wherein depending upon how the patterns of information in the substance are configured, it can create the appearance of “emptiness” (space) in some areas...

(as in that which exists “between” the objects)

...and that of “somethingness” (matter) in other areas...

...(as is represented by the objects themselves).

Therefore, what I am suggesting is that all of reality (the “All-That-Is”) can be thought of as a situation that consists of an interpenetrating amalgam of the essence of life (the basis of consciousness) and that of the informationally-based essence through-which life expresses itself...

...both working together in tandem to create, again, not only the three-dimensional phenomena of our objective and subjective domains, but also the illusion of separation (space) between the phenomena.

And to me (as an idealist), that is the very definition of what “mind” is all about.
_______
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi, Sunday 1.57 PM ,told of a miracle that happened.

The story is interesting because of the importance of the hypothesis or the theory that we take to be the correct preamble to our evidence and interpretation.

I could ask Attofishpi what is the most probable explanation, but this would not persuade Attofishpi to look elsewhere than "miracle" for the explanation of the truck's disappearing. This would not serve because Attofishpi has adopted the hypothesis or theory of a God Who intervenes in history.

I presume that Attofishpi does not belong to some land where all the culture is untouched by modern science, some innocent BongoBongoLand.

So it's interesting that different foundation ontologies exist within the same society. There are at least two questions.

1. Why are there different cultures of ontological belief within Attofishpi's society?

2. Ought there to be a dominant culture of ontological belief which is taught in schools?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Any ideas?
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 amWho said that?
Do understand that you cannot ask a valid question about yourself, because you do not know whom you are asking about.

Who are you? Don't go by formulas. The answer is not in words. The nearest you can say in words is: I am what makes perception possible, the life beyond the experiencer and his experience.

In reality there is only perception. The perceiver and the perceived are conceptual, the fact of perceiving is actual. The Absolute is the birthplace of perceiving. It makes perception possible.

Excerpts from Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's I AM THAT
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

seeds wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 am
And to me (as an idealist), that is the very definition of what “mind” is all about.
_______
Thanks for your most valuable input here.

''Mind'' being like that which separates the seer from the seen?

Is space just another word for ''mind'' the illusory space between two objects?

There appears to be distance between two objects, but if it's all 'mind created' then there is no gap? just as there are no gaps between the characters in the movie and the screen on which the movie is playing?

Also, there is no space between the dream characters appearing within the dreamer....?