What is Space?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: What is Space?

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
The essential feeling of Being is the same for every apparent 'individual' ..we all share the same sense of being alive. The seer looking from my eye is the same seer looking from every other eye. The same sense of being alive is the same for every living creature. We all have the same conscious awareness.
All living creatures experience the urge to maintain their own integrities as individuals. When authorities try to make humans uniform they inhibit the urge to maintain integrity as individuals. We see this happening in Stalinist Russia, in North Korea, in Hitler's Germany, and in Trump's America. I don't deny that people, mostly conquered peoples, have been manacled by authorities in Britain too, and it's a constant struggle today to keep ourselves free and retain morality.

Above all we have our common humanity.
“If you p**** us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?". - (Act III, scene I).”

― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
The essential feeling of Being is the same for every apparent 'individual' ..we all share the same sense of being alive. The seer looking from my eye is the same seer looking from every other eye. The same sense of being alive is the same for every living creature. We all have the same conscious awareness.
All living creatures experience the urge to maintain their own integrities as individuals. When authorities try to make humans uniform they inhibit the urge to maintain integrity as individuals. We see this happening in Stalinist Russia, in North Korea, in Hitler's Germany, and in Trump's America. I don't deny that people, mostly conquered peoples, have been manacled by authorities in Britain too, and it's a constant struggle today to keep ourselves free and retain morality.

Above all we have our common humanity.
Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you p**** us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Shakespeare Merchant of Venice

Sorry about the Bowdler asterisks must be this website's infantile set up, as I have tried two sources for that quotation and neither is copied faithfully. The omitted word is p****. p**** what you do if you stick a dagger into someone.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:36 am
Dontaskme wrote:
There is nothing outside of consciousness except its self reflecting projections consciousness is like a mirror ball in that respect projecting itself as if there existed many consciousnesses. The proof that there is only ONE CONSCIOUSNESS is obvious in that it is impossible to know or see the world of another. You can only project AN IDEA OF OTHER ... and what we believe about others is always about ourselves
So are all consciousnesses simply part of the one CONSCIOUSNESS
When human beings become extinct what will happen to CONSCIOUSNESS. Will it carry on existing or will it become extinct also
Did CONSCIOUSNESS only come into existence when human beings came into existence or has it like the Universe always existed
Yes, all consciousnesses are really ''I'' thoughts within the same one pure awareness... consciousness is just an ''I thought, it's an appearance of that which does not appear or disappear but always IS

When humans become extinct consciousness will be in the unconscious state. That state is called PURE AWARENESS.

CONSCIOUSNESS AND UNCONSCIOUSNESS are APPARENTLY two sides of the same ONENESS ..Zero and One are the same state appearing different, because there cannot be one without other, they define each other, they are each other. Zero is Not-A-Thing appearing as EVERY-THING.

Asking what happens to consciousness when there is no human around is like asking what happens to consciousness when human is in deep sleep or in a state of unconscious anesthesia . Notice that when a human is in the unconscious state, it is not dead, because what constitutes a human is just a conscious thought. Thoughts are neither dead nor alive, and the awareness of thought is neither dead nor alive either. Thought and the awareness of thought JUST IS

So, although consciousness appears to appear and disappear, that in which it is sourced doesn't go anywhere, it always has to be ever present.

So consciousness is an integral aspect of this ever present PURE AWARENESS. Awareness has to be this immediate unchanging constant presence.. for it to be possible for the ''I'' thought to come online after being in a deep sleep where that ''I'' thought was apparently absent for a while.
If there was no awareness there, you wouldn't or couldn't have known you have awoken from sleep. So, you are the awareness of the ''I thought, not the ''I'' thought itself.

It's not the human ''I'' thought becoming aware of itself as it awakens from deep sleep, it is always and ever the pure awareness becoming aware of itself. That pure awareness that is always present during both consciousness and unconsciousness, dreaming and waking state that is aware of the ''I'' thought because the ''I'' thought arises in THAT, and is sourced in THAT....AND THAT IS WHO YOU ARE.

Lets remember Consciousness is just another concept, so consciousness can only come into existence with the utterance of the word ''I'' ..otherwise who or what AM I?

I'm only putting this from my own unique level of perception ...so I'm in no way saying this is how it is for everyone.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
I am only putting this from my own unique level of perception ... so I am in no way saying this is how it is for everyone
This seems to be saying that everything you have said about consciousness and CONSCIOUSNESS is only subjectively true rather than
objectively true even though you speak of it as if it is something you KNOW to be true rather than something you only THINK is true
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
I am only putting this from my own unique level of perception ... so I am in no way saying this is how it is for everyone
This seems to be saying that everything you have said about consciousness and CONSCIOUSNESS is only subjectively true rather than
objectively true even though you speak of it as if it is something you KNOW to be true rather than something you only THINK is true
The I doesn't know anything, and yet the I is known apparently, but not by I

Whatever can be conceptually imagined exists as that imagined concept dictates.

That is all that can be known.

surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Whatever can be conceptually imagined exists as that imagined concept dictates

That is all that can be known
So is all other so called knowledge simply an illusion as nothing else can be known
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Whatever can be conceptually imagined exists as that imagined concept dictates

That is all that can be known
So is all other so called knowledge simply an illusion as nothing else can be known
All that can be known is the not-knowing known.

In other words...

surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
All that can be known is the not knowing known
I like the analogy with sleep where one only becomes aware of consciousness through non consciousness
The contrast between the two is what makes one so much more known than if no contrast existed at all
Because experiencing consciousness after sleep means one is more aware than if one never had to sleep
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sorry for the delay.
Dontaskme wrote: We're empty fullness....
Meaningless.
Arising_uk...I've no idea what space is.

I maybe able to describe it ..but the word is never going to be it is it?
If you can describe it then you have an idea what it is. Whoever said the word is the thing? But the word can closely recreate what the thing is for oneself and another.
We're like artists painting a picture on a blank canvas Using thought....perception is like thinking pictures..🖍
Not quite, thinking is generally done with the internal voice, i.e. language. Thoughting can be done with images but should really be done with the other representations as well but smell and taste are difficult so try for pictures, sounds and feelings first. Perception is reception of the pictures, smells, tastes, touches(feelings) and sounds that make up the sensations that the body produces of the external world, thoughting is like thinking but without thinking.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 pm :?:

Any ideas?
Yes, it's the final frontier.
Precisely.
Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Space is one or more dimensions of length. Space is unconditioned and conditioned/relative simultaneously. This is because space requires three referents of motion or stillness for conceptual recognition, yet exists unconditioned without these through space itself, the unconditioned.

However, the unconditioned aspect is only known nonconceptually through meditative equipoise.

The conditioned aspect is only known through conceptual reasoning.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Viveka wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm Space is one or more dimensions of length. Space is unconditioned and conditioned/relative simultaneously. This is because space requires three referents of motion or stillness for conceptual recognition, yet exists unconditioned without these through space itself, the unconditioned.

However, the unconditioned aspect is only known nonconceptually through meditative equipoise.

In this context - space is synonymous with Awareness. Empty and Full of Itself. :D

Is matter made of space or is space made of matter. No space, no object, no object no space, they define each other as one empty mass. :D

Viveka

Post by Viveka »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm
Viveka wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 pm Space is one or more dimensions of length. Space is unconditioned and conditioned/relative simultaneously. This is because space requires three referents of motion or stillness for conceptual recognition, yet exists unconditioned without these through space itself, the unconditioned.

In this context - space is synonymous with Awareness. Empty and Full of Itself. :D

Is matter made of space or is space made of matter. No space, no object, no object no space, they define each other as one empty mass. :D

I wouldn't say that awareness is synonymous with space, but rather co-incident with it. Awareness is the eternal present that is clear as much as space is empty.

Awareness and the present (which is not separate from awareness), is unconditioned and conditioned/relative simultaneously. Awareness itself is immaterial, the eternal, unconditioned, however, it is indirectly related to and contains the conditioned by the six sense faculties.

Being and the 'who?' is conditioned/relative and unconditioned simultaneously. Who we are is like asking what is being, which is a given existent circumspection through oneness and emptiness, yet changes with impermanence, and is due to Dharma. Thus, to ask 'who am I?' is given the answer, 'Whoever you are. You are the blissful-gnosis, which fulfills your greatest wish, and removes your worst aversion, and sees through your greatest ignorance.'
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Is matter made of space or is space made of matter
At the classical level matter exists within space but is not part of space

At the quantum level there is no such thing as continuous empty space [ an absolute vacuum ] due to the
instability of quantum fluctuations and so the distinction between space and matter does not exist there
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

We know that that "space" constitutes at its root "what". It also constitutes the nature of "who/when/where/how/why". It is in these respects that "who/what/when/where/how/how" can be observed strictly as "degrees" of space or the "curvature" of space.

From this we may observe that "what" is strictly space "curving" upon itself as an degree of ethereal stability. In a seperate respect it is an observe of "flux" or "motion" as "the apeiron".

The nature of this duality between ethereal stability and apeironic flux further synthesizes into "being as the median of observation", from which we observe the nature of "what" and "space" and there corresponding definitions through "curvature".