The unsolvable mystery of Reality Itself

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The unsolvable mystery of Reality Itself

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 pm Have it your own way but I'm not prepared to enter into a conversation under these conditions.
Okay, but sometimes, it is necessary for this unconditional one to pop in just to check out what condition it's unconditional is in.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 pm
Okay, but sometimes, it is necessary for this unconditional one to pop in
And sometimes it's necessary for me to pop in and tell you how silly you are being.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:24 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:04 am The reason Reality is an unsolvable mystery is because there is no one here to solve it...< that's my simple answer. Lets hear yours?
The only reason you consider it to be a mystery is because you don't know what you are talking about.
Please define "reality".
No one really knows what they are talking about, language is completely made up by no one. There is here only concepts, and a concept can only point to another concept.

The word ''Reality'' according to it's made-up imagined meaning is defined as that which appears to be Real.

It's no mystery that we are here. But that's as far as that can go. Nothing else can be known. We are and that's it. This is it. Is anything known about This here-ness? ... This IS-ness?.....

How can any concept be defined anyway?...concepts can't be defined. . . who would define a concept but another concept. This defining goes nowhere.

What is real?

Nothing knows what is real. Real is just a made up word.

As I suspect. There is only a mystery because you don't know what you are taking about.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 pmThere is only a mystery
The 'Oneness' of which the sages speak is forever unavailable to the thinking mind...as the mind is not separate from it.

If everything is one thing...nothing exists...nothing ever happened.

We're all just sitting here over the edge of thought, in our little corner of space, where nothing really happens, having come from a place where nothing happens, waiting to return to that place where nothing happens.

Where did yesterday happen? where did 5 minutes ago happen? where did a second ago happen?

NOW.. The phantom peers out through it's memory and plays out it's life in a personal kingdom of concepts. A phantom that mysteriously exists only within the self-referential loop of conceptual thought that have no separate distinct non-relational existence on their own.

The obscuration and mistaking of concepts for reality is.....the root of all human suffering...

Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

I don't wholly buy this whole monism thing.
Are we one thing, or are we many things?
It can be perceived either way, we're neither wholly separate, nor wholly together.
I'm a nondualist in the sense that monism and pluralism are themselves part of a false dichotomy.
One implies the other and what we really have are degrees of both and both in different senses or levels or perception.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gloominary wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:24 pm I don't wholly buy this whole monism thing.
Are we one thing, or are we many things?
It can be perceived either way, we're neither wholly separate, nor wholly together.
I'm a nondualist in the sense that monism and pluralism are themselves part of a false dichotomy.
One implies the other and what we really have are degrees of both and both in different senses or levels or perception.
There is nothing to buy into here. There is only here / being /as a state of awareness. You are that awareness. There's nothing else here separate from that awareness.

Do you agree?