So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: The unsolvable mystery of Reality Itself

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 pm
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
I prefer the terms Existence or Reality or Universe for unlike Mind none of them
imply a never ending consciousness that is only temporary rather than infinite

Are you referring to temporary in relation to surreptitious57 only here
No as I am referring to all life forms known and unknown that will have existed for the entirety of existence which is infinite
For I make a distinction between minds that experience some level of consciousness and objects that do not experience any
When you finally explain what the mind is, then I will be closer to understanding how "that" can experience some level of consciousness.

By the way when you explain what the mind actually IS, to you, then I will ask you to explain what consciousness actually IS, to you.

I ask clarifying questions to people when they say things, like they know what they are talking about, to reveal what the actual truth IS.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am

I ask clarifying questions to people when they say things, like they know what they are talking about, to reveal what the actual truth IS.
No one knows what they are talking about.

Fortunately, no one has to.

Unless one is getting bored and restless, then one can just whisk some magical story up out of boredom.

The universe is made of boredom...so it invented a mind. The mind hates boredom so it's turned LIVE back to front to read EVIL instead.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 am
ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am

No one knows what they are talking about.
Does dontaskme know what they are talking about?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 amFortunately, no one has to.
No one 'has' to know what they are talking about, but if they do, then that sure helps others to also gain the correct knowledge.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 amUnless one is getting bored and restless, then one can just whisk some magical story up out of boredom.
'One' what? Who or what is the 'one' that can get bored and restless?

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 amThe universe is made of boredom...so it invented a mind. The mind hates boredom so it's turned LIVE back to front to read EVIL instead.

Lucky for the mind then that the word LIVE came into existence.

Saying that the 'Universe' is made of boredom sounds like the words coming from one bored, demented, or disillusioned person?

HOW exactly can the Universe be made of boredom? And, HOW exactly did the Universe invent a mind? For that matter, what is the 'mind' exactly?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am
Testing echo: :arrow:

No one knows.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am No one 'has' to know what they are talking about, but if they do, then that sure helps others to also gain the correct knowledge.
The last time I looked, I was all present and correct.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am 'One' what? Who or what is the 'one' that can get bored and restless?
The one that is bored and restless.
The one tired of resting, the one that wants to get up and boogie.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am Lucky for the mind then that the word LIVE came into existence.
The word LIVE is the mind..the mind is always looking for some place or thing to hang out with, because it does not exist alone. So it seeks to live in it's own imaginary kingdom, the one it invents for itself, namely, herenow, nowhere.
ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am Saying that the 'Universe' is made of boredom sounds like the words coming from one bored, demented, or disillusioned person?
Yes, good observations here, sounds like words coming from more words.

Without the story of 'me' what's actually happening? ..answer is nothing. Try it yourself and see, imagine life without the narrative of words running through your mind ..and see what's actually happening....you'll see nothing is happening....I just like to call nothing boredom, it all amounts to the same nothing in the end...I say to may toe, you say tomatoe.

I've often just sat unhinged from my thoughts and seen reality for what it really is...it's a bit like death....I guess that's how I know I'm alive. The universe is so clever how it knows these things.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am HOW exactly can the Universe be made of boredom? And, HOW exactly did the Universe invent a mind? For that matter, what is the 'mind' exactly?
I don't know what a mind is, I've never seen one, I know about mind as the word dictates. But I've never actually seen a mind for real...only what the knowledge informs which is then believed to be real, or not, depending on whether one wants to make something up from the endless well of nothingness, which I like to call boredom.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am
ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am
Testing echo: :arrow:

No one knows.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am No one 'has' to know what they are talking about, but if they do, then that sure helps others to also gain the correct knowledge.
The last time I looked, I was all present and correct.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am 'One' what? Who or what is the 'one' that can get bored and restless?
The one that is bored and restless.
The one tired of resting, the one that wants to get up and boogie.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am Lucky for the mind then that the word LIVE came into existence.
The word LIVE is the mind..the mind is always looking for some place or thing to hang out with, because it does not exist alone. So it seeks to live in it's own imaginary kingdom, the one it invents for itself, namely, herenow, nowhere.
ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am Saying that the 'Universe' is made of boredom sounds like the words coming from one bored, demented, or disillusioned person?
Yes, good observations here, sounds like words coming from more words.

Without the story of 'me' what's actually happening? ..answer is nothing. Try it yourself and see, imagine life without the narrative of words running through your mind ..and see what's actually happening....you'll see nothing is happening....I just like to call nothing boredom, it all amounts to the same nothing in the end...I say to may toe, you say tomatoe.

I've often just sat unhinged from my thoughts and seen reality for what it really is...it's a bit like death....I guess that's how I know I'm alive. The universe is so clever how it knows these things.

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 am HOW exactly can the Universe be made of boredom? And, HOW exactly did the Universe invent a mind? For that matter, what is the 'mind' exactly?
I don't know what a mind is, I've never seen one, I know about mind as the word dictates. But I've never actually seen a mind for real...only what the knowledge informs which is then believed to be real, or not, depending on whether one wants to make something up from the endless well of nothingness, which I like to call boredom.

So, dontaskme IS right. When dontaskme says dontaskme does NOT know what they are talking about they are actually as correct as one can be. The seemingly endless contradictions in what dontaskme writes, the inability to clarify when questioned to explain, and the continual changing of focus when challenged is enough proof that dontaskme does NOT know what they are talking about.

I have already hinted that if dontaskme spoke from, and for, them self, instead of just copying and repeating what others have said, then at least they could show some sort of consistency and also where they are coming from. Until they can do that, we are left trying to decipher what dontaskme is actually wanting to say.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am
So, dontaskme IS right. When dontaskme says dontaskme does NOT know what they are talking about they are actually as correct as one can be. The seemingly endless contradictions in what dontaskme writes, the inability to clarify when questioned to explain, and the continual changing of focus when challenged is enough proof that dontaskme does NOT know what they are talking about.

I have already hinted that if dontaskme spoke from, and for, them self, instead of just copying and repeating what others have said, then at least they could show some sort of consistency and also where they are coming from. Until they can do that, we are left trying to decipher what dontaskme is actually wanting to say.
Got bored of breaking it all down did you...yeah I did, I sometimes get tired of constantly having to repeat myself, and listening to my own voice in my head..so I the voice in my head decided to take the path of least resistance this time, and all this stuff just popped up instead..I like slapping paint on me screen...

Anywhoo, that's what it does, it just pops out like an :arrow: if you let it... letting go of the reigns now and again and give yourself a holiday, you'll see that it really does all pop out like an :arrow: Honest it does, you don't have to stop and think about what you're not saying, not that one can think of the next thought before that thought pops up anyway...I mean we'd all love to be the thinker of our thoughts.

Mind you, that's a dreadful thought, imagine being able to choose your thoughts...thank fuck there is no one to have that kind of responsibility.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:28 am
ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

Got bored of breaking it all down did you...yeah I did, I sometimes get tired of constantly having to repeat myself, and listening to my own voice in my head..so I the voice in my head decided to take the path of least resistance this time, and all this stuff just popped up instead..I like slapping paint on me screen...

Anywhoo, that's what it does, it just pops out like an :arrow: if you let it... letting go of the reigns now and again and give yourself a holiday, you'll see that it really does all pop out like an :arrow: Honest it does, you don't have to stop and think about what you're not saying, not that one can think of the next thought before that thought pops up anyway...I mean we'd all love to be the thinker of our thoughts.

Mind you, that's a dreadful thought, imagine being able to choose your thoughts...thank fuck there is no one to have that kind of responsibility.

But there is One. I do accept and take that kind of responsibility. Actually I have full control over what thoughts appear within the head and how those thoughts are expressed out of the body. Accepting and taking full responsibility, and thus having full control over (One's) Life, brings with it a tremendous feeling. By not blaming any thing else for what I say and do, I have full control over EVERY thing in (My) Life, thus I make Life how I want it to be.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 am
But there is One. I do accept and take that kind of responsibility. Actually I have full control over what thoughts appear within the head and how those thoughts are expressed out of the body. Accepting and taking full responsibility, and thus having full control over (One's) Life, brings with it a tremendous feeling. By not blaming any thing else for what I say and do, I have full control over EVERY thing in (My) Life, thus I make Life how I want it to be.
Well of course, if there is going to be a ''someone'' here, then that someone has to take responsibility for itself, it wouldn't want to pee all over the floor where it stands or sits, it might even resort to doing it outside on the grass, but ''someones'' don't do that sort of thing... you'd do it in a private place where no one could see you, because that's what 'someones' do, they believe there are other people watching them, so they have to take responsibility for their actions, they are very self-conscious entities.

Yep, it's a big responsibility being a self-conscious entity. I agree.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Relinquish wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am
Relinquish wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:45 pm

What about the sentences of mine that you have quoted here suggest that I might be on any drugs?

You said...
naturally occurring 'shape' of the causelessly cyclic Universal Process is the only shape that ever actually occurs in Reality.

A word of advice. 1) If you are trying to describe something you might like to consider a lexicon that is already in common use.
2) Try not to confuse the actuality of a thing, the reality of a thing, and the perception of a thing; which it seems if what you are doing.

i rest my case.
I'm actually saying that, fundamentally, there are no 'things' in Reality. There isn't even the perception of things. There is the perception of a belief that what is perceived is a vast collection of different things.

This 'belief' is an arbitrarily defined, impermanent 'feature' of this structured ever-changing asymmetry commonly known as the universe.

We don't actually know what this is.
Ah.... I see. You are no thing, so I can ignore you. And since you can't recognise "me", "I" as a distinct entity then you ought to be ignoring me too.
Since you actually responded to my post, you must recognise its thing-ness, so you are in contradiction.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
You have previously written :
surreptitious57 wrote:
How anyone reacts to your words is for them not you You are only responsible for the words them selves
But now you are trying to blame others ( Me ) for you not using words

When will you take responsibility for the words them selves that you use or do not use
You asked me a question and I gave you an answer. An answer that did not satisfy you but an answer nevertheless. Now I am
not blaming you for that as you falsely claim because your reaction to my words is not my responsibility as I have said above
And I accept full responsibility for my words as I have also said above. I have no more to say about this so will leave it there
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
I ask clarifying questions to people when they say things like they
know what they are talking about to reveal what the actual truth IS
I know nothing as I have already said so try not to pay too much attention to anything I say
What is the actual truth and also how do you know that it is the truth since it might not be
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pm
ken wrote:
You have previously written :
surreptitious57 wrote:
How anyone reacts to your words is for them not you You are only responsible for the words them selves
But now you are trying to blame others ( Me ) for you not using words

When will you take responsibility for the words them selves that you use or do not use
You asked me a question and I gave you an answer. An answer that did not satisfy you but an answer nevertheless.
All I did was show how that saying the mind is a function of the brain is NOT explaining what the mind actually is. Of course your answer does not satisfy the question I asked. Your answer, although could be totally wrong, only satisfies you. You do not want to even look into what you are saying in case you become aware of the contradiction.

Thoughts are also a function of the brain, so how do you differentiate between 'thoughts' and the 'mind'?
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pmNow I am
not blaming you for that as you falsely claim because your reaction to my words is not my responsibility as I have said above
BUT you are trying to blame Me. You are using My presumed reaction to your words for not further further expanding on your answer, so it is not a false claim at all. Read into what you are writing. What you are trying to do is obvious.
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pmAnd I accept full responsibility for my words as I have also said above.
Saying, you see no reason to expand on your answer because "it may not provide any more clarity for you" IS trying to blame Me for you not expanding on you answer. This does totally contradict what you have previously said.

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pmI have no more to say about this so will leave it there
Of course you have no more to say about this because you are unable to say any more. You are totally unable to expand on your answer. You can not explain it any further. You are just making assumptions based on your previous experiences. You also have no more to say because you do not want to look into what you are actually doing and saying here. You also do not want others to see what you are doing and saying here.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 pm
ken wrote:
I ask clarifying questions to people when they say things like they
know what they are talking about to reveal what the actual truth IS
I know nothing as I have already said so try not to pay too much attention to anything I say
Okay noted
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 pmWhat is the actual truth and also how do you know that it is the truth since it might not be

One actual truth is that when every thing is in agreement, then the actual truth is known.

How I know this is the truth is because when EVERY thing is in agreement, then there is NO thing disagreeing with it.

Although this is the actual truth, at that moment, I still always remain open in case SOME thing comes along showing, and thus proving, otherwise.

Other actual truths are human beings do not need money to live, and, pollution kills. Although many human beings might disagree and say that they need money to live, the actual truth is they only think they do. This thinking 'I need money to live' is what creates greed, or the love of money, which is what actually causes the most pollution. If pollution is not brought under control, then this could be what causes the death of the planet human beings live on, which ultimately could cause the demise of human beings, themselves. The actual truth is the totally distorted belief that human beings need money to live, which helps to create the love a money attitude, could be what actually causes the death of all human beings.

This is just a few of a multitude of actual truths.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
BUT you are trying to blame Me. You are using My presumed reaction to your words for not further expanding on
your answer so it is not a false claim at all. Read into what you are writing. What you are trying to do is obvious
It is a false claim for your presumed reaction is not at all my reason for not wishing to expand upon my answer

Saying you see no reason to expand on your answer because it may not provide any more clarity for you
IS trying to blame Me for you not expanding on you answer. This does totally contradict what you have previously said
I said it may not provide any more clarity for you which does not mean it definitely would not provide any more for you
Either way I have no wish to expand upon the definition I already gave as I was not intending to expand upon it anyway

Of course you have no more to say about this because you are unable to say any more
You are totally unable to expand on your answer. You can not explain it any further
So then why not just accept what I have said as the best possible answer I can give

You also have no more to say because you do not want to look into what you are actually
doing and saying here. You also do not want others to see what you are doing and saying here
Both of these truth claims are false and so you therefore have no evidence for either of them
Relinquish

Post by Relinquish »

It seems that a deep acknowledgement of this unsolvable mystery may be the most 'open-eyed' stance that could be taken.

What is seen by these open-most eyes? Any accepted answer (no matter HOW all-inclusive it SEEMS to be) will effectively obscure it.

Discard ALL conceptual answers, and DIRECTLY EXPERIENCE what remains.

:o