Enlightenment

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

waechter418

Enlightenment

Post by waechter418 »

To be enlightened is to see everything clearly in the light that emanates from Oneself.

However, the light can only “shine” when the mirror is clean - i.e. when no judgements, emotions and other obstacles obscure the sight.

Since such condition is scarce, even rarer is the event of enlightenment and – considering our characteristic short attention span – fleeting as well.
Yet it is apparently so impressive, that almost anyone who experiences it will seek its re-occurrence.

Taking into account the amount of respective Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu & Zen schools, and the number of permanent enlightened individuals - there seem more efforts being taken in the Orient than in the Occident*. Probably because the dualistic R/P mode of latter, its rationalism and feedback-mechanism of the intellect, inhibit Selfrealisation. Moreover, occidental seekers were often forced into the Occult, and to hide their methods & results – conditions unfavourable to enlightenment which, after all, is synonymous with liberty.

In the beginning of the twentieth century A.Crowley introduced, as head of the “Ordo Templi Orientis”, a liberation tool developed in Buddhist & Hindu Tantra schools, that came to be known as sexual Magick, and to be able to annihilate the social & internal obstacles arising from sexual taboos, and to be a short path to Illumination.

*Orient and Occident connote here R/P (Reflection/Projection) systems, as well as cerebral and global hemispheres (see “Another view of Consciousness”)
HexHammer

Re: Enlightenment

Post by HexHammer »

Don't think it's possible to drastically change your brain structure, if you can't see truth, then the chance to gain insights is non existent! Go read up on neurology, cognitive abilities and intellect.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Enlightenment seems most ordinarily to occur during sexual activity, when Kundalini cleans the mirrors on her fiery rise in the spinal cord.
Kundalini is a Tantric term for the energy snake curled at the bottom of the spinal cord - her rushing up manifests as a burning sensation. Her journey through the Chacras has been published plentiful and ought to be studied in authorized works (any suggestions?)

For Chakras & Kundalini see Wikipedia and
www.emergingsciences.org/kundalini-experimental-project
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

This is the opposite of enlightenment.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

waechter418 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 pm Enlightenment seems most ordinarily to occur during sexual activity, when Kundalini cleans the mirrors on her fiery rise in the spinal cord.
If that's the case, how come most of us are still in the doldrums where enlightenment is concerned. If it's contingent on sex we should have been enlightened at least 20,000 years ago but the only thing we have to show for it is that we're still around sans the enlightenment! What went wrong?
Did the Kundalini go sideways?
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Wonderfully said my friend :lol:

that the heightened/altered or whatever states of consciousness - which manifests during the sexual rising of the Kundalini - rarely lasts, demonstrates our lack of concentration (whose improvement is one of the first tasks of a Tantra school).
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

“Know Thy Self” and “Do Thy Will” concern Prajna, the active principle of Ultimate Reality, manifesting as integration & differentiation as unifying & creative urge (in Liber Al vel Legis represented by Nuit & Hadit) – Hui Neng calls Prajna the Wisdom of Enlightenment and it to be “inherent in our mind`s essence”, Crowley calls it “True Nature”.

(The many terms should not confuse – after all it is common for the inexpressible to give rise to innumerable words.)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

waechter418 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm after all it is common for the inexpressible to give rise to innumerable words
Thus providing the opportunity to say something meaningless in many different ways.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

waechter418 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm after all it is common for the inexpressible to give rise to innumerable words.
Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

thedoc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:09 pm
waechter418 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm after all it is common for the inexpressible to give rise to innumerable words.
That's puts the kibosh on philosophy forums forever talking about things they don't know. BTW, does that also include theists?

Those who know but don't say, begs the question, how do WE know that THEY know? Could it be they don't know themselves and decided to keep quiet about it?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dubious wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 pm
That's puts the kibosh on philosophy forums forever talking about things they don't know. BTW, does that also include theists?

Those who know but don't say, begs the question, how do WE know that THEY know? Could it be they don't know themselves and decided to keep quiet about it?
The comment was in reference to enlightenment, I'm not sure what else it might apply to.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The comment was without brains, but I think he meant people who didn't know what they were talking about.

“Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?”

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:39 pm
The comment was in reference to enlightenment, I'm not sure what else it might apply to.
I know what else it applies to but I'm not going to say what it is because, If I do, you will think it means I don't know.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 pm The comment was without brains,
Just like all your other comments.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

thedoc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:39 pm
Dubious wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 pm

I know it applied to enlightenment. That's what I was referring to in my comment. The problem with most of your water-cooler reflections is that they are so cliche-ridden based on simple acceptance without prior thought. So let's inspect this seemingly clever though silly comment so readily accepted as conclusive by stupid people:

Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know

Why would the "enlightened" not say! What prevents them and how would WE know if ANY of them are in such close proximity to truth if they keep their insights only to themselves? How is enlightenment conveyed if not expressed? Mind explaining that because it doesn't make sense! This cliche is nothing more than stupid oxymoron that by merely "sounding" profound is immediately accepted as conclusive by the gullible...something all religions and believers also depend on.

Perversely this saying does make sense but in a very sinister way as applied to power moguls, politicians (especially those active in the "Deep State") crooks, lawyers and suchlike miscellaneous shysters. They are the ones most liable to know while expecting to be camouflaged by those who don't know meaning all the pundits, speculators and commentators who yap incessantly trying to make sense of what those who know DIDN'T say.