Humans - Intelligence & Wisdom

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Humans - Intelligence & Wisdom

Post by attofishpi »

Over my years it has become apparent to me that all people are the same, just differing degrees of intelligence, and wisdom - to understand the two are not coupled together to a great degree is necessary to understand what needs to be understood.
Vendetta

Re: Humans - Intelligence & Wisdom

Post by Vendetta »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:44 am Over my years it has become apparent to me that all people are the same, just differing degrees of intelligence, and wisdom - to understand the two are not coupled together to a great degree is necessary to understand what needs to be understood.
While I am 100% behind you on the need to differentiate wisdom and intelligence, if you claim that these are the sole differing factors between humans, how do you account for things such as personal preference, quirks, or desires?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Vendetta wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:44 am Over my years it has become apparent to me that all people are the same, just differing degrees of intelligence, and wisdom - to understand the two are not coupled together to a great degree is necessary to understand what needs to be understood.
While I am 100% behind you on the need to differentiate wisdom and intelligence, if you claim that these are the sole differing factors between humans, how do you account for things such as personal preference, quirks, or desires?
I'm sorry, did you misspell soul?
Personal preference (*etc) stem from circumstance (i think uni wankers call it social conditioning) which play upon intelligence and wisdom.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Consciousness. State of being.

The intellect is a function within a human.

duszek

Post by duszek »

It sounds like a positive attitude.
If all humans are of the same kind they should be naturally kind to each other.

Do you feel a universal closeness with the human race Atto ?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

duszek wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:12 pm
It sounds like a positive attitude.
If all humans are of the same kind they should be naturally kind to each other.

Do you feel a universal closeness with the human race Atto ?
That's a really good question. I had to just delete a post on consideration of the question when I realised I was being nasty, thus unwise, to someone I consider rather dull and extremely repetitive.

I do feel a universal closeness with the human race, my philanthropy extends to small bouts of kindness and goodwill to those in close proximity as I make my way through the noise and haste...hoping that in some small way I have improved their day...hoping that these people of lesser comprehension of the state of affairs in consideration of the truth to reality, may reflect upon my causal effect upon them, and perhaps think a little deeper.

RE your statement: "If all humans are of the same kind they should be naturally kind to each other. "
All humans are of differing circumstance in their journey, unfortunately many conduct themselves with far less wisdom than their intelligence should impel and are prone to their own shortcomings, contradicting your very rational statement.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Yes, Atto, most of the time the human race is hard to love.
osgart

Post by osgart »

wisdom depends on your goals for life. perhaps many people abuse their intelligence for short sighted goals. if the aim is to survive and prosper than what is wisdom; affluence. if the aim is compassion than wisdom is an entirely different thing.

perhaps if we lived forever people would be more kind and considerate. time has a way of making people shrewd and none caring of others.

to me compassion improves the quality of living, and is wise. skill in living is the ultimate determinant of how your life goes.

it seems to me society doesn't have the goal of helping others, on the contrary it's a competition. as long as life remains a competition than only conflict and preference will rule how things go.

you would think people would recognize the need for cooperation and harmony after all these years. this is a desperate existence for humans. perhaps too many unknowns, and too many evils in humanity to achieve any kind of harmony.

doesn't the wealthy rule the middle class and the poor are victims of circumstance. it would be wise to educate people and provide them opportunity but society is very discriminating, and I suppose it will always be so.