Comparing religions

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Comparing religions

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:1) you didn't comprehend anything of it, only parroted some silly txt.

2) if you read the description of the last 8 popes you should have understood the point of it all, which obviously has escaped you.
Parroted silly text? - in other words you dont agree with the entire WIKI article that you referenced.

Stop being a total wanker and just explain all the bollocks that i so obviously missed, cos im not in the fucking mood for your twatness.
The txt you quoted doesn't explain the final point I'm trying to rub your face against.

I do agree with the txt but it lacks the essential final conclusion.

What I'm trying to make you see, is that the Catholic Church will be undone, destroyed ..no more!!!!! ..it is confirmed by the muslim prophecy saying: "Jesus (2nd coming) will break the cross".
Indirectly it's confirmed by the Book of Revelation "I saw no temple in New Jerusalem".
You must be avin a laff mate. Muslim prohecy!! lol The koran is littered with how anyone that doesnt believe in its words must be converted, killed or subjugated and forced to pay these muslims a tax. Completely contrary to the teachings of Christ.
Exactly what verse of the evil koran are you getting this reference to Christ from? ..and where the heck are you drawing a conclusion that this and a verse in Revelations means the destruction of the Catholic Church??!!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The 'break the cross' is a hadith, that is a reported saying or a tradition that supposedly originated in the time of Mohammed. The scholarly tradition in Islam is to report all such sayings indiscriminately and then give their authority (Is it heresay? Was it witnessed by other sources? etc.) so inclusion in a collection does not make it 'authorised' or official. As it happens, the source for this one is weak; it is old but there are no other sources. The Shia reject all the hadiths from this source.

The hadith in full is: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).

The point is that now we have had God's final messenger; Mohammed, then Jesus (like all the other prophets) will return at the end of the world as a Muslim, so that there will be only one religion. Presumably Christians think the same thing; that at the Day of Judgement the world will understand the Christians had got it right, and abandon their religions for Christianity, as in 'The Rapture' and suchlike.

So, an obscure prophecy about the end of the world and not particularly about Catholicism.
Indirectly it's confirmed by the Book of Revelation "I saw no temple in New Jerusalem"
Again, that is because this is at the end of the world, where God is there in person. It continues:

.... because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need for sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp.

I only say this in case casual readers are curious. Now carry on with the hatefest.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:You must be avin a laff mate. Muslim prohecy!! lol The koran is littered with how anyone that doesnt believe in its words must be converted, killed or subjugated and forced to pay these muslims a tax. Completely contrary to the teachings of Christ.
Exactly what verse of the evil koran are you getting this reference to Christ from? ..and where the heck are you drawing a conclusion that this and a verse in Revelations means the destruction of the Catholic Church??!!
You really have your head unusual far up your ass!

It's from a hadith, not the koran. You can google it, it shouldn't exceed your feeble skills.

Google the quote FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:You must be avin a laff mate. Muslim prohecy!! lol The koran is littered with how anyone that doesnt believe in its words must be converted, killed or subjugated and forced to pay these muslims a tax. Completely contrary to the teachings of Christ.
You really have your head unusual far up your ass!

It's from a hadith, not the koran. You can google it, it shouldn't exceed your feeble skills.

Google the quote FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hadith - Koran - who cares? The fact is that you are attempting to make 1+1 not equal 2!

Some Muslim saying that a second coming of Christ will "break the cross" and something in Revelations stating "i saw no temple in Jerusalem" DOES NOT EQUAL the destruction of the Catholic Church.

You really are clutching at straws.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:Hadith - Koran - who cares? The fact is that you are attempting to make 1+1 not equal 2!

Some Muslim saying that a second coming of Christ will "break the cross" and something in Revelations stating "i saw no temple in Jerusalem" DOES NOT EQUAL the destruction of the Catholic Church.

You forget the simple "Prophecy of St Malachy - Prophecy of the Last Pope"
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Hadith - Koran - who cares? The fact is that you are attempting to make 1+1 not equal 2!

You forget the simple "Prophecy of St Malachy - Prophecy of the Last Pope"
Prophecy?? Oh c'mon hex the predominant message in the entire WIKI entry is that these prophesies have been a load of bollocks - why should i now think this St Malachy is any different?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:Prophecy?? Oh c'mon hex the predominant message in the entire WIKI entry is that these prophesies have been a load of bollocks - why should i now think this St Malachy is any different?
So why won't you accept that the last 8 popes are spot on and well according to the Book of Revelation!?!?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Prophecy?? Oh c'mon hex the predominant message in the entire WIKI entry is that these prophesies have been a load of bollocks - why should i now think this St Malachy is any different?
So why won't you accept that the last 8 popes are spot on and well according to the Book of Revelation!?!?
Are you suggesting the last 8 popes were listed in the Book of Revelation? If so, please quote.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Are you suggesting the last 8 popes were listed in the Book of Revelation? If so, please quote.
9This calls for a mind that has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10There are also seven kings. Five are fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while.

11The beast that was, and now is not, is himself an eighth king. He belongs to the other seven and is going into destruction. 12The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but will receive one hour of authority as kings, along with the beast. 13These kings have one purpose: to yield their power and authority to the beast.
http://biblehub.com/bsb/revelation/17.htm
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:So why won't you accept that the last 8 popes are spot on and well according to the Book of Revelation!?!?
9This calls for a mind that has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10There are also seven kings. Five are fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while.

11The beast that was, and now is not, is himself an eighth king. He belongs to the other seven and is going into destruction. 12The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but will receive one hour of authority as kings, along with the beast. 13These kings have one purpose: to yield their power and authority to the beast.
http://biblehub.com/bsb/revelation/17.htm
What was that buybull mumbo jumbo? Is that you Bob? A big quote from you and yet not one mention of a pope and certainly NO names mentioned.
So what now oh mystical one of great wisdom, dare ye tell us of this revelation that relates to 8 popes?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:What was that buybull mumbo jumbo? Is that you Bob? A big quote from you and yet not one mention of a pope and certainly NO names mentioned.
So what now oh mystical one of great wisdom, dare ye tell us of this revelation that relates to 8 popes?
Everything in the bible are spoken in indirect words when it comes to prophecies far in the future.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:What was that buybull mumbo jumbo? Is that you Bob? A big quote from you and yet not one mention of a pope and certainly NO names mentioned.
Everything in the bible are spoken in indirect words when it comes to prophecies far in the future.
So what i'll do to make it easy is list the last 8 popes at this current point in time, (since i cant list popes in the future as im out of buybull reading material.) and all you need to do with your great wisdom, is backtrack from each pope as to where or how this particular pope is mentioned in the buybull book of Revelation in ANY indirect way.
Ok?

So we have in chronological order with most recent first:-
Francis
Benedict XVI
St John Paul II
S.D. John Paul I
Bl. Paul VI
St John XXIII
Ven. Pius XII
Pius XI

Take your time Hex, i don't think another pope will be coming along soon to ruin the prophecy.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:So what i'll do to make it easy is list the last 8 popes at this current point in time, (since i cant list popes in the future as im out of buybull reading material.) and all you need to do with your great wisdom, is backtrack from each pope as to where or how this particular pope is mentioned in the buybull book of Revelation in ANY indirect way.
Ok?

[..]blablabla ..yadda ..yadda..[..]

Take your time Hex, i don't think another pope will be coming along soon to ruin the prophecy.
So apparently you can't comprehend very very simple things, that's why you never relay what you and your buddy Jesus are talking about, because you don't don't understand what he's saying, nor the deeper point in what I've tried to make you understand in this thread.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:So what i'll do to make it easy is list the last 8 popes at this current point in time, (since i cant list popes in the future as im out of buybull reading material.) and all you need to do with your great wisdom, is backtrack from each pope as to where or how this particular pope is mentioned in the buybull book of Revelation in ANY indirect way.
Ok?

[..]blablabla ..yadda ..yadda..[..]

1. Everything in the bible are spoken in indirect words when it comes to prophecies far in the future.
2. So apparently you can't comprehend very very simple things, that's why you never relay what you and your buddy Jesus are talking about, because you don't don't understand what he's saying, nor the deeper point in what I've tried to make you understand in this thread.
You see how your point 2. contradicts point 1.
You are right, i dont comprehend indirect words in the buybull apparently providing some sort of prophesy regarding the distant future. On that account i think i can join the masses of atheists and normal theists.

So please break it all down for us oh wise one, we can keep it as simple as possible:- For example - how did the current pope Francis have an indirect prophecy about his papal position mentioned in Revelation?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:You see how your point 2. contradicts point 1.
You are right, i dont comprehend indirect words in the buybull apparently providing some sort of prophesy regarding the distant future. On that account i think i can join the masses of atheists and normal theists.

So please break it all down for us oh wise one, we can keep it as simple as possible:- For example - how did the current pope Francis have an indirect prophecy about his papal position mentioned in Revelation?
Indirect speech can be very simple to understand, if one can put 2 and 2 together, but some can't