Comparing religions

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

haribol acharya

Comparing religions

Post by haribol acharya »

Reading different religions and making comparisons, doing analyses and drawing conclusions get one across a great field of knowledge. I am interested in both epistemology and ontology simultaneously, physics and metaphysics together. I do not care where I will reach at the end. I do not care whether I will see a ray at the end of the tunnel or a whirlpool of confusion and a hole of darkness. I am just interested in reading books pondering. I do not know whether I will arrive at a conclusive end. Life is short and domains of knowledge are vast and ever expanding. Science is advancing and it has changed our perceptions. Technology has connected all of us and placed in a small global village, enabling us discuss, share and know one another. That is why I believe in science and technology but my passions for metaphysics have not come down.
Of late I have read both eastern and western thought. I have read the Gita and the Bible. One thing interested me very much is in Vedanta we all are Gods and there is nothing other than God in this universe. Or we all are one organic whole. The same source of light that all resource to. Whereas in Christianity we are sinners because Adam & Eve, our first parents, had sinned by eating the fruit of the forbidden tree and that is why the sin our ancient parents had committed is ingrained in our very corpuses. Jesus was born to redeem us from our original sin. I do not want to conclude or make a judgment for I believe in secularism and do not want to side with either with them. However I love reading ancient literature, religions.
Posters on this forum come from different cultures and therefore we can put forward such topics and learn immensely from one another
attofishpi

Re: Comparing religions

Post by attofishpi »

I think similarly bud, i think its important to keep abreast of man's varying interpretations of the divine and also developments in physics. Since being made aware of God\'God's' existence 20yrs ago and having direct interaction with 'it' ever since i've come to feel Panentheism (not Pantheism) the closest glove that fits. Panentheism apparently is the type of belief that holds within Hinduism.
I am a Christian ONLY in the fact that i ONLY believe in the life and words of Christ. (in other words - don't associate all the other "christian" mumbo-jumbo to me)
Whenever i'm in a taxi i always ask my driver as to where they are from and strike up a conversation to delve into their mind and philosophical persuasion! Yesterday i happened upon a Muslim from Afghanistan. He was a really nice chap, we both agreed that God\Allah and whatever any other mono-theistic religion calls this 'being' is the same entity across the board. So i ended up telling him about my experiences of the 'divine' and my interaction some years ago with a sage - that contacted me from the aether. The sage had indicated to me that we are all reborn within the families that we are deserving of, such that he was born into a good Muslim family to start his new exploration of life, and i was born into a Christian family to do likewise. He was so intrigued with what i had to say that he discounted my fare, and asked if we could talk again some time in the future. I agreed, and asked him to pop in some time for a cup of tea (since he doesn't drink alcohol).
My sage keeps telling me to do art and so that is what i spend most of my time doing now - perhaps it might enlighten someone here and there.

I'm extremely analytically minded, have done computer programming some years ago and over the 20yrs of experience of God or 'God' i have come to real eyes, that this being is so instant (fast if u like) and so pervasive to reality that at times it felt like God is an Artificial Intelligence (AI)!

Many of my friends are atheist, both of my best friends are in fact and i really don't give a shit. From my experience of this entity i don't think 'it' gives a shit either - so long as you live your life in harmony with the well being of fellow wo\man - seems thats the most important thing.

20yrs ago when 'IT' - God - started making me aware of its existence i was directed to break down words in the English language, which i did and found some interesting 'anomalies'.
REALITY became REAL IT Y?
SINAI became SIN AI
I started to believe that this God\'God' had aligned itself to what we would one day develop - technology. We can now comprehend an ALL knowing entity - via the form of AI.

Anyway, have a look at the art in the central part of my website, you may find it interesting.
Beyond Reasonable Doubt? http://www.androcies.com
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I'm a fan of Joseph Campbell when it comes to looking at myth and religion in comparison. He ran with Jungian archetypes, and laid a foundation of lasting importance to the subject.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I did. So what?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:
I did. So what?
So you didn't comprehend it, that's ok.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
I did. So what?
So you didn't comprehend it, that's ok.
WIKI: Given the very accurate description of popes up to around 1590 and lack of accuracy for the popes that follow, historians generally conclude that the alleged prophecies are a fabrication written shortly before they were published. Certain theologians in the Roman Catholic Church have dismissed them as forgery.
Several historians have concluded that the prophecies are a late 16th‑century forgery.[6][8][9] Spanish monk and scholar Benito Jerónimo Feijóo y Montenegro wrote in his Teatro Crítico Universal (1724–1739), in an entry called Purported prophecies, that the high level of accuracy of the alleged prophecies up until the date they were published, compared with their high level of inaccuracy after that date.

I did comprehend it. So what?
Greta

Post by Greta »

I see this topic a bit this:

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:I did comprehend it. So what?
Tell me what you exactly comprehended, you only parrot some words, but what is the deeper point of this?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
Tell me what you exactly comprehended, you only parrot some words, but what is the deeper point of this?
What is "deep" about some bloke around the 1595 publishing and pretending that a list of papal 'prophecies' were created 400yrs earlier?

As the article explains - the high level of accuracy of the "prophesies" up to the date they were published compared to the high level of inaccuracy after the date is evidence that it is a total pile of bollocks.

Now, Hex - over to you to reveal the thing that is so deep to you regarding these "prophecies".
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
What is "deep" about some bloke around the 1595 publishing and pretending that a list of papal 'prophecies' were created 400yrs earlier?

As the article explains - the high level of accuracy of the "prophesies" up to the date they were published compared to the high level of inaccuracy after the date is evidence that it is a total pile of bollocks.

Now, Hex - over to you to reveal the thing that is so deep to you regarding these "prophecies".
1) you didn't comprehend anything of it, only parroted some silly txt.

2) if you read the description of the last 8 popes you should have understood the point of it all, which obviously has escaped you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:1) you didn't comprehend anything of it, only parroted some silly txt.

2) if you read the description of the last 8 popes you should have understood the point of it all, which obviously has escaped you.
Parroted silly text? - in other words you dont agree with the entire WIKI article that you referenced.

Stop being a total wanker and just explain all the bollocks that i so obviously missed, cos im not in the fucking mood for your twatness.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:1) you didn't comprehend anything of it, only parroted some silly txt.

Parroted silly text? - in other words you dont agree with the entire WIKI article that you referenced.

Stop being a total wanker and just explain all the bollocks that i so obviously missed, cos im not in the fucking mood for your twatness.
The txt you quoted doesn't explain the final point I'm trying to rub your face against.

I do agree with the txt but it lacks the essential final conclusion.

What I'm trying to make you see, is that the Catholic Church will be undone, destroyed ..no more!!!!! ..it is confirmed by the muslim prophecy saying: "Jesus (2nd coming) will break the cross".
Indirectly it's confirmed by the Book of Revelation "I saw no temple in New Jerusalem".