A plea for Consciousness

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

waechter418

A plea for Consciousness

Post by waechter418 »

As the responses to my posts regarding Consciousness have been mostly attempts to bind it into psycho/somatic frameworks, I feel obliged to plead for its liberty.
If consciousness should ever have had psycho/somatic confines, it transcended them latest at the time of LaoTzu, Buddha & Socrates, about 2500 years ago. Attempts to confine it again, are (to say the least) quite unreasonable – particularly in a time when its capabilities are dearly needed.
Harbal

Re: A plea for Consciousness

Post by Harbal »

waechter418 wrote:As the responses to my posts regarding Consciousness have been mostly attempts to bind it into psycho/somatic frameworks, I feel obliged to plead for its liberty.
After some consideration we have decided to let it out on probation, dependant on its good behaviour.
Attempts to confine it again, are (to say the least) quite unreasonable
As I said, providing it behaves within the terms of its probation, it can remain at liberty.
particularly in a time when its capabilities are dearly needed.
Nevertheless, the law must be seen to treat all equally. For it to be otherwise, we feel, would set a very dangerous precedent. The ruling stands.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

be the force with you ! :P
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

waechter418 wrote:As the responses to my posts regarding Consciousness have been mostly attempts to bind it into psycho/somatic frameworks, I feel obliged to plead for its liberty.
If consciousness should ever have had psycho/somatic confines, it transcended them latest at the time of LaoTzu, Buddha & Socrates, about 2500 years ago. Attempts to confine it again, are (to say the least) quite unreasonable – particularly in a time when its capabilities are dearly needed.
Incoherent nonsense and babble!!!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

HexHammer wrote:Incoherent nonsense and babble!!!
That is not, in itself, sufficient grounds to have it locked up.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Incoherent nonsense and babble!!!
That is not, in itself, sufficient grounds to have it locked up.
It is, why would a useless post be allowed to continue?
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

for the same reasons morons like you are allowed to prowl
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

waechter418 wrote:for the same reasons morons like you are allowed to prowl
Good answer.
osgart

Post by osgart »

nobody has buried the creator assertion for the fact we have consciousness.
That means their is purpose and logic in nature and that consciousness is part of existence. The universe wants to know itself.
Considering consciousness an aberration takes purposefulness right out of explaining reality.
I never understood how people can remove agency from the cause of living creatures.
To me its obvious logic and consciousness is a total other dimension to reality. And we are a progression of lifes evolution.
And no w everyone is a physicalist materialist. But that ignores simple logical facts of an order in nature. Was Plato wrong on his Forms of existence. Intelligence is too intelligent to come from nothing or sprout from mindlessness of undirected random chance.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Incoherent nonsense and babble!!
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

I wouldn't worry about it too much, not everyone believes that a physical explanation for consciousness is adequate. Physical explanations for consciousness are objective, whereas some people claim consciousness by it's nature is subjective and not amenable to physical explanations.
waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

In face of the many aspects of consciousness exposed in these threads, we ought to appreciate its marvels and diversity, instead of trying to stifle it.