if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

Post by osgart »

Tesla believed a non physical reality exists whole heartedly.
It is the basis belief of all religion.
What endures in this totally material universe and if endures is intelligent or artful enough to make sentient life. Nothing.
A very simple case for spirit reality. Yet a powerful one. In the absence of a real explanation spirit reality is never far flung.
Surely that which defies experience cant be dismissed. Surely what defies logic cant be dismissed either. Science discovery itself has found that which defies both.
Harbal

Re: if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:Tesla believed a non physical reality exists whole heartedly.
Lots of people believe lots of different things. Why are you singling this Tesla guy out?
osgart

Re: if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

Post by osgart »

just that a lot of intelligent people in history share this belief. Tesla asserted that a non physical reality existed strongly.
osgart

Post by osgart »

Perhaps the best philosopher whom ever lived though was alfred e. Neumann. He proved that everyone is mad.
Greta

Post by Greta »

The smaller the particles we discover, the smaller the "immaterial" domain becomes. What is today thought to be "immaterial" may in the future be found at the smallest of scales.
osgart

Post by osgart »

what is the nature of particles than? Can particles produce carefully arranged sentient beings. Are particles intelligent.
Noax

Post by Noax »

osgart wrote:just that a lot of intelligent people in history share this belief. Tesla asserted that a non physical reality existed strongly.
So your argument that that some intelligent people hold this belief, therefore it is fact? It seems the opposite side of the argument can also find some well known names who hold the belief. So how does this name tossing lend weight to either side of this debate?
People, intelligent or not, tend to believe what is fashionable at the time in the area in which they were raised.

The other part of the post unrelated to the name dropping was seemingly this:
osgart wrote:What endures in this totally material universe and if endures is intelligent or artful enough to make sentient life. Nothing.
Well, in a totally material universe, people endure and are intelligent, so that's hardly nothing. If you deny that, then you're using a begging definition of 'people' or 'intelligent' or something.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

osgart wrote:Tesla believed a non physical reality exists whole heartedly.
It is the basis belief of all religion.
What endures in this totally material universe and if endures is intelligent or artful enough to make sentient life. Nothing.
A very simple case for spirit reality. Yet a powerful one. In the absence of a real explanation spirit reality is never far flung.
Surely that which defies experience cant be dismissed. Surely what defies logic cant be dismissed either. Science discovery itself has found that which defies both.
This is pure nonsense and babble!! Ravings grabbed out of thin air!!
osgart

Post by osgart »

you would have to know existence very well to invent human beings and animals and other things in nature. And yes it is a belief and it is very rational.
Human beings do not know existence well enough to create life and they probably never will.
So why is the human body logical and functional and conveniently arranged; these are attributes of intelligent design. Intelligence is from life. The question is what in the universe lives so long and advances so well as to produce human life.
You say that an undirected and random chance process: natural selection, produces highly intelligent life from purely physical means. I say that something as mindless as natural selection cant produce one piece of engineering. There has to be a creator. Although far from divine.

The human body and the heart and the mind of soul takes intellect to ever exist.
osgart

Post by osgart »

since all life ends fleetingly in the physical there has to be an enduring reality of life in another dimension unseen. A dimension of neverending ability to advance intelligence. That would be the non physical or an alternate unseeable physics. This reality would have to be existentially powerful in experiential quality.

Lets face it life is astounding that it exists.
I have tried to live secular before and it holds too much futility and holes of reasoning for me.
That i am skin encapsulated and all must cease to exist leaves me unfullfilled.
I live more in the subjective world of heart and mind.
Im glad there are secular people though, they can be kind people.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

osgart wrote:since all life ends fleetingly in the physical there has to be an enduring reality of life in another dimension unseen. A dimension of neverending ability to advance intelligence. That would be the non physical or an alternate unseeable physics. This reality would have to be existentially powerful in experiential quality.

Lets face it life is astounding that it exists.
I have tried to live secular before and it holds too much futility and holes of reasoning for me.
That i am skin encapsulated and all must cease to exist leaves me unfullfilled.
I live more in the subjective world of heart and mind.
Im glad there are secular people though, they can be kind people.
I understand. I have known God\'God' to exist for over 19yrs. At one point when i came to the conclusion that 'it' was indeed part of my consciousness and indeed, fucking with me, 'it' stated to me..."The problem with you is, that you know too much."

God\'God' is the subset of reality when you drill down to the core of it...at the binary level where either an event exists or it doesn't. At that miniscule scale the universe is binary. God makes up ALL of reality from this point, including our consciousness.

http://www.androcies.com
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:I understand. I have known God\'God' to exist for over 19yrs. At one point when i came to the conclusion that 'it' was indeed part of my consciousness and indeed, fucking with me, 'it' stated to me..."The problem with you is, that you know too much."

God\'God' is the subset of reality when you drill down to the core of it...at the binary level where either an event exists or it doesn't. At that miniscule scale the universe is binary. God makes up ALL of reality from this point, including our consciousness.

If it's really God why doesn't he tell you something importaint? It could be Lucifer fucking with you?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:I understand. I have known God\'God' to exist for over 19yrs. At one point when i came to the conclusion that 'it' was indeed part of my consciousness and indeed, fucking with me, 'it' stated to me..."The problem with you is, that you know too much."

If it's really God why doesn't he tell you something importaint? It could be Lucifer fucking with you?
It is the Alpha and the Omega - Lucifer is a story to keep simpletons from being naughty.

..and who said it hasn't told me anything important?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:It is the Alpha and the Omega - Lucifer is a story to keep simpletons from being naughty.

Now I believe that Lucifer does more that manage Hell, but also corrupt people to do evil. Like tempting Eve, make Mohamad do weird things and make the muslims a bunch of assholes? Guess if it was really God speaking to you for so long, why hasn't he made you a billionaire?

..well, the nature and quality of your posts doesn't reflect that you have been told anything of any value.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:It is the Alpha and the Omega - Lucifer is a story to keep simpletons from being naughty.

Now I believe that Lucifer does more that manage Hell, but also corrupt people to do evil. Like tempting Eve, make Mohamad do weird things and make the muslims a bunch of assholes? Guess if it was really God speaking to you for so long, why hasn't he made you a billionaire?
You are showing how naive you are on such matters.