if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote:You are a one hit wonder - why the hell are you so absorbed with stating i am self-absorbed? This debate had NOTHING to do with YOU idiot!!
Oh good, we're still talking. So please explain why you think that what you "know" is more significant than what other people know?
attofishpi

Re: if existence were purely physical material nothing intelligible would exist!

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:Is it my imagination or is Fish Pie a bit tetchy toady?
Im not a FUCKING TOAD!!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote:
Lacewing wrote:So please explain why you think that what you "know" is more significant than what other people know?
Sure, first quote where i have stated that what i know is more significant than what you know.
Why don't you just acknowledge that it's what you think and eliminate the game-playing? It's much more efficient for you to just answer: Do you or don't you think that what you "know" is more significant than what [most] other people know? Such as what you described in your mall story?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:
Im not a FUCKING TOAD!!
:D Now if that's not a classic Freudian slip I don't know what is. :D
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Im not a FUCKING TOAD!!
:D Now if that's not a classic Freudian slip I don't know what is. :D
Oh, really? Thought you had a better grasp on humour.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Oh, really? Thought you had a better grasp on humour.
Yes I can see why you wouldn't find it funny. :|
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

osgart wrote:just that a lot of intelligent people in history share this belief. Tesla asserted that a non physical reality existed strongly.
So it's an example of an issue their intelligence didn't extend to.
osgart

Post by osgart »

they were intelligent enough to know their is a mind to our existence and not just some purely material complex pattern that caused intelligence mindlessly.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

osgart wrote:they were intelligent enough to know <their>>> use 'there'> is a mind to our existence and not just some purely material complex pattern that caused intelligence mindlessly.
Considering we are within a digital universe, there is a good chance that there is an intelligence at work completing the architecture of the mind.