Proof that all is ONENESS

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Proof that all is ONENESS

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 pm...
I agree with absolutely everything you've said. And yes, some take this to the extreme, to the point of abandon from mainstream life as we know it. I haven't done that myself though, I have not yet retreated to the hills, but are sometimes tempted. I still enjoy life to the full as much as I can.
Are you from the west, or the east if you don't mind me asking, you do not have to reply.

PS..it's actually quite dangerous knowledge, one could get beaten to a pulp telling another person they do not exist in the way they think they do. Best to keep the mouth shut. You have made me more aware of that, so thanks.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:01 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 pm...
I agree with absolutely everything you've said. And yes, some take this to the extreme, to the point of abandon from mainstream life as we know it. I haven't done that myself though, I have not yet retreated to the hills, but are sometimes tempted. I still enjoy life to the full as much as I can.
Are you from the west, or the east if you don't mind me asking, you do not have to reply.

PS..it's actually quite dangerous knowledge, one could get beaten to a pulp telling another person they do not exist in the way they think they do. Best to keep the mouth shut. You have made me more aware of that, so thanks.
I'm form the West. Actually I wasn't studying philosophy, I was mainly studying science that made me realize nondualism. :)) Later I found out that there are at least hundreds of millions of people, maybe more, in the East who already think this way.

I'll be honest, I don't consider myself to be particularly stupid, but I didn't see nondualism coming. For a Westerner, it's just an entirely different and unexpected world. We Westerners keep looking and looking and looking for the answers and then it turns out that the answers lie in a completely unexpected and funny "direction".

Nondualism is so alien to the Westerner mind that they would sooner put the white jacket on us than actually think about what we are saying.

And Western Cartesian split-mind dualism is so alien to the Eastern mind that they can't even really grasp it, as I suspect.

Yeah it's dangerous knowledge but in the end, it's awesome isn't it. :) And it's also the starting point for what I now consider "real" philosophy, the real inquiry about why this universe anyway, out of the infinite possibilities, and what's with the human form anyway.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Yeah it's dangerous knowledge but in the end, it's awesome isn't it. :) And it's also the starting point for what I now consider "real" philosophy, the real inquiry about why this universe anyway, out of the infinite possibilities, and what's with the human form anyway.
I'm from England...and funnily enough my surname is English

Yes, it is awesome, it's really really awesome. I sometimes miss myself though and feel an aching longing, but that soon passes and I'm back to awesomness again. :D
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm
I'm from England...and funnily enough my surname is English

Yes, it is awesome, it's really really awesome. I sometimes miss myself though and feel an aching longing, but that soon passes and I'm back to awesomness again. :D
Well I think of it this way, the ego is broken, but the ego was just an expression of self-awareness. Humans and a few other species have self-awareness in the head.

After awakening, self-awareness is still there, if anything, it only becomes stronger. So the "essence" of me is still here. I, as this individual self-awareness, am still here.

But that too is illusory in the end, and of course I'm also freaked out by my own unreality. What is better, to dream all your life, but never realize that it's a dream, or to wake up one day, but then you can't ever truly go back to dreaming again. Overall I'd say the latter is better.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm
Well I think of it this way, the ego is broken, but the ego was just an expression of self-awareness. Humans and a few other species have self-awareness in the head.

After awakening, self-awareness is still there, if anything, it only becomes stronger. So the "essence" of me is still here. I, as this individual self-awareness, am still here.

But that too is illusory in the end, and of course I'm also freaked out by my own unreality. What is better, to dream all your life, but never realize that it's a dream, or to wake up one day, but then you can't ever truly go back to dreaming again. Overall I'd say the latter is better.

Don't you just hate it when you get freaked out by your own absence. (unreality)

But then waking up and realising it's impossible to experience our own absence. It's so freaking awesome.

I agree with all your saying too..smilee smiley smiles... :D :mrgreen: :wink:
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Don't you just hate it when you get freaked out by your own absence. (unreality)

But then waking up and realising it's impossible to experience our own absence. It's so freaking awesome.

I agree with all your saying too..smilee smiley smiles... :D :mrgreen: :wink:
Yes we wake up to our true self and realize that it's impossible not to be there. :) Eternal, ever-present. Whatever happens we are home, we are it. The dream (or nightmare) of alienation is no more.

And then it gets even better, I also happen to be a multiversist, I believe reality to be an infinity of worlds and other things. And its all one and we are all that too.

Our world isn't all that great, but among the infinity of worlds, there must also exist worlds of pure wonder, magic and seemingly godlike beings, living in perpetual contentment. And in a way we are all that too. :)

I find it difficult to stop talking about this stuff. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 pm
Yes we wake up to our true self and realize that it's impossible not to be there. :) Eternal, ever-present. Whatever happens we are home, we are it. The dream (or nightmare) of alienation is no more.

And then it gets even better, I also happen to be a multiversist, I believe reality to be an infinity of worlds and other things. And its all one and we are all that too.

Our world isn't all that great, but among the infinity of worlds, there must also exist worlds of pure wonder, magic and seemingly godlike beings, living in perpetual contentment. And in a way we are all that too. :)

I find it difficult to stop talking about this stuff. :)
Me too, and yeah, I think those things too. There must be a multitude of realities and versions of myself everywhere having different experiences for ever, infinitely ...if this current known one does, is possible, then what else does, is possible?...it's mind boggling to even comprehend what's yet to be experienced by this one.

It's like the saying: Life is like a box of chocs, you never know what your going to get...so true.

Awakening is such a gift from life, it's when one really starts to live, and I mean really live, not pretend to live...it's when the fun really begins, and the end of suffering...if you get my drift! :wink:

It's like the saying: God has a wicked sense of humour and no truer statement was ever made.