~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Walker »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

More than welcomed...my dear evolving minion.

Uncanny. I almost used the “dear” salutation myself but let a moment of hesitation intervene via a thought of presumption, yet you wrote the word anyway, demonstrating inevitability by spontaneously accessing that same thought in choice’s stead, eradicating the illusion of separation from the one. Any egocentric decision, such as seeking and finding the obvious synonym for “gurl” is simply a smaller component of the choiceless, ever-manifesting design lighting the pathway for minions.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You're welcome.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

A machine's micro computer processors are very much like the human brain synopses reaction to outside stimulus.

Our intellectual function is based upon plus/negative, yes/no, on/off. Just as a computer model.
This has always been an oversimplified analogy, but I guess it's suitable for someone with your level of understanding.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
The thrust of my thread here is that more & more human beings such as myself are becoming more & more aware that we are machines.

Our body, our minds, our emotions are extremely mechanical and dependent upon outside circumstances.
There is no machine that is aware of itself. Can you name one?
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
As I have stated many times before human beings have the ability to experience many degrees of self-consciousness and perhaps, for even some, objective consciousness...sometimes known as higher consciousness.
Usually come under the heading of meditation.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:
I appreciate you attempting to begin to understand this rather difficult philosophical concept...Give it time.
I don't appreciate your attempts at understanding such a difficult philosophical concept. In fact, it is rudimentary at best.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

I know all of you look-up to me & I'm cool with that. One of you actually calls me guru.
No he doesn't. He calls you a "gnu"
Bill Wiltrack wrote: But, I must respectfully request that you do AT LEAST A MODICUM of self investigating.I mean, Google is here for EVERYONE to use.

I realize that many of you are from different countries and I have a world-wide following and SOME OF you may have never attended a college-type atmosphere where you do self study...

Have you ever attended a university?

Bill Wiltrack wrote:
But as I will always say, you can ask me anything in good faith and I will always respond.

OK, have you ever undertaken a university course that involves philosophy of mind?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Why do we so often assume that refinement of humanlike conscious awareness is the main game?

Our consciousness might be just one stage that can lead towards states that are more complex and so different to our consciousness that we might not recognise them as conscious at all.

* Big font, lots of space? As they say, "When in Rome ..." ;)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

As I have stated before, Man is a machine.

Yes I have attended university and I have taken college philosophy courses there.

To Greta, your style of posting is refreshing. Welcome.

Greta

Post by Greta »

Then again it's possible that most of us will "evolve into pure consciousness" in the next few decades ...
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Can't imagine it would be that quick but who knows?

Humankind is moving at such a quick rate right now.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

As I have stated before, Man is a machine.

Yes I have attended university and I have taken college philosophy courses there.

To Greta, your style of posting is refreshing. Welcome.

Call me a stickler for detail, so not surprisingly I have a few questions. Firstly, you know as well as I do that Arising called you a "gnu" and not a "guru". Why did you misrepresent what he said ? Secondly, what qualifications did you obtain at university/college?

That will do for starters.

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Greta wrote:Then again it's possible that most of us will "evolve into pure consciousness" in the next few decades ...
Don't listen to Bill, his understanding of philosophy of mind is extremely limited. Posting on a philosophy forum doesn't make him a philosopher, any more than someone posting on a physics forum makes them a physicist.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

My highest degree is that of a Union Organizer Degree from the now defunct, George Meany Institute - National Labor College.

While an undergraduate at Lakeland Community College I received the highest marks in every philosophy & philosophy related class that I ever took.

I wear the mantel of leader, guru, gnu, prophet, with the highest regard here at the PhilosophyNow Forums. I take this responsibility seriously and I have encouraged leadership characteristics to be developed by ALL other active members here in order to follow in my footsteps.

Thank you for this opportunity but I am actually very uncomfortable talking about what some may consider to be accomplishments...

Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

My highest degree is that of a Union Organizer Degree from the now defunct, George Meany Institute - National Labor College.

While an undergraduate at Lakeland Community College I received the highest marks in every philosophy & philosophy related class that I ever took.

I wear the mantel of leader, guru, gnu, prophet, with the highest regard here at the PhilosophyNow Forums. I take this responsibility seriously and I have encouraged leadership characteristics to be developed by ALL other active members here in order to follow in my footsteps.

Thank you for this opportunity but I am actually very uncomfortable talking about what some may consider to be accomplishments...

So, why did you misrepresent Arising's comments?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Rarely do I quote another active member here.

Let me check my most recent comments to see specifically what you are referring to. BRB.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Which or what philosophy courses?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Introduction to Philosophy and a Sociology course that I remember...could have been more. Don't honestly remember. I received A's in each of these courses though. That I am sure.

Again,...not really comfortable about speaking of what others may consider to be accomplishments.

I am, greatly appreciative of the joy, love, & respect that I always command here with all legitimate active members here at the PhilosophyNow Forums. The second greatest philosophy forum on the planet.