~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ginkgo

Re: ~ EVOLVING INTO PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ~

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Man is a machine that has the possibility of being self-consciousness.

Now that's better. Strong AI proponents would claim that sometime in the future machines will exhibit consciousness. Personally, I don't think so.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:

To your other point - Jesus. Socrates.

Jesus, Socrates and Bill Wiltrack...perhaps?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.Associates' Degree - It's a two year college.

General Arts.
Sorry not quite getting it as formatting makes it a bit vague.

So you have a BA degree in Union Organising and an Associates' degree in General Arts?
One thing I want to point-out. One thing I want to make very clear...I may have been taking college level courses in philosophy - but that wasn't important. Not at all.

THE MOST IMPORTANT thing I was doing during my exemplary appearance in college was that I WAS DOING PHILOSOPHY. ...
Were you, what were you doing? Reading and trying to apply Ouspensky I thought.
Had NOTHING to do with my study, my study of philosophy.
I tend to agree as you weren't actually studying Philosophy.
Doing & studying are two TOTALLY different dynamics. ...
Well there's a truth here but not as dynamically wide as you think as doing is applied study and study is theoretical doing.
They can work well together but don't think that if you study philosophy you are DOING philosophy..
Not quite sure how you know this as you haven't studied Philosophy. But I guess it depends upon what one thinks the study of Philosophy is and you appear to think it a search to replace a lost faith allied with a kind of psychotheraputic analysis topped-off with some 'spiritual' 'Eastern' esoteric mysticism of mind or self. Now it's true that Gurdjieff and his ilk did promote something like this but this is not all of Philosophy.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Put a modicum of effort into your formatting & you will see a tremendous improvement in fellow active membership ability to actually read your posts.

Actually, that type of effort would assist you in your mindset when thinking of a new approach in responding.

Your posts have become sooooo ineffective.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.Put a modicum of effort into your formatting & you will see a tremendous improvement in fellow active membership ability to actually read your posts. ...
And you'd know this how? Although I appreciate your irony as not long ago you were telling me its just us.
Actually, that type of effort would assist you in your mindset when thinking of a new approach in responding.
You mean it'd allow me to ignore answering questions and give me the delusion that my words have more import than they have? No thanks.
Your posts have become sooooo ineffective.[/size].
:lol: At what gnu?

Anyhoo, so no BA degree in Union Organising(just another of these lies you are currently telling your self?) and no real study of Philosophy other than a couple of introductory modules in your GA associates degree. Not exactly a base to make the claims you do about the study of Philosophy.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:One thing I want to point-out. One thing I want to make very clear...I may have been taking college level courses in philosophy - but that wasn't important. Not at all.

THE MOST IMPORTANT thing I was doing during my exemplary appearance in college was that I WAS DOING PHILOSOPHY.

Had NOTHING to do with my study, my study of philosophy.

Doing & studying are two TOTALLY different dynamics. They can work well together but don't think that if you study philosophy you are DOING philosophy.[/size]
Studying philosophy isn't doing philosophy, of course--although it's typically difficult to avoid doing philosophy if one studies it because one is interested in it, but there's a very, very good chance that one will not be able to do philosophy very well, if at all, if one has not studied it. People who think they're doing philosophy, but who haven't studied philosophy, tend to be limited to some aphorisms and maybe some more verbose statements of arbitary things they think/believe.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

This thread smells of a pleasant smelling pooporri scented bullshit, and our only reliable source of discerning what the mysterious "pure consciousness" is seems to be an individual who uses large fonts.

We already have pure consciousness anyway, how can we be consciousness of anything but consciousness.
Maybe what Bill means to say is a higher level of Lucidity or Sensitivity. Or maybe the opposite. Or maybe magical, physics defying, drug-induced omnipotence where one is conscious of all lifeforms at the same time. One thing is for sure though, he does not make his views on this very clear.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Just a small but important point of information ...The George Meany Center- National Labor College, was the ONLY certified and nationally recognized labor college in the United States. Unfortunately, the college closed in 2014 but it was there where I found my outer soul. A life-changing moment happened seemingly by accident but looking back on it perhaps this is where my soul perceived a clear outer logos in which to relate.

I was taking a coffee break outside of the lunchroom when I looked-up to see a really old fountain right next to me. There was an inscription that I cannot now recall exactly, but the inscription was clearly religious in nature.

Did a little investigating and found-out that the school was built upon the same land where an old Christian missionary once was.

In my soul a solid, unbreakable bond was made between the inherent good of Organized Labor & the former moral good of Christianity.

This bond has only grown stronger and larger within me as time has passed...

Thank you for allowing me to re-visit and articulate this deep & massive part of who I am today.

waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

Dear Bill
you are treading on thin ice in a hostile environment
- which of course does not deter a good warrior :)
yet i would use traditional metaphysical instead of popular mechanical analogies, because all those guys around here (are there any girls?) are obvious hardcore followers of matter cults.
P.S. i doubt that any of them even heard of Ospensky.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I have grown to value you and I am in awe that you reside in Costa Rica in the Autumn of your life.

I too live in my Autumn.

I have the feeling you are quite an accomplished warrior and explorer of the world and of yourself.

Yes, the mood here generally is to excoriate each others opinions and style.

That can actually be a good thing. Keeps us sharp!

I look forward to hearing more about your life on the Rich Coast.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

waechter418 wrote:P.S. i doubt that any of them even heard of Ospensky.
You're right we wouldn't but some of us have heard of and read Ouspensky, and Gurdjieff for that matter.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

haven't - FTFY

waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

"I look forward to hearing more about your life on the Rich Coast"

As simple as it can be: getting up with the sun, eating breakfast in bed with my beloved female half, having a chat with dogs, plants, birds and neighbors (85 & 93 year old farmers), predicting the weather (most of the time wrong), working a bit in the fields, reading a lot - in the moment short stories by Haruki Murakami - and, to make the long story short: enjoying myself tremendously.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Ahhhhh. You are truly the wisest of the wise. Your words are like a poem for me. A beautiful poem.

Thank you for taking the time to add to this forum. You are the singular breath of fresh air here.

May all of your days be filled with the beauty you have reflected...

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

HOLY SHIT!

I JUST opened Pura Vida! OMG!!!

Wasn't gunna open it cause I didn't recognize the source. ...But I did! And I'm HAPPY!

Thank you!
- Cool as hell!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:........................................................................haven't - FTFY
You wish.

KMA.