~ YOUR ETERNITY ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: ~ YOUR ETERNITY ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

So I'll...I'll check you off for NOT COMING.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You've already done that joke. :roll:

Enjoy Trump.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

But you play the same joke upon yourself each & every time you post under your phony moniker.

Wouldn't you feel true shame if your child would to ever grow-up & realize that you were too ashamed to post here under your god-given, legal name?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.But you play the same joke upon yourself each & every time you post under your phony moniker.
Again!? You're a cracked record.
Wouldn't you feel true shame if your child would to ever grow-up & realize that you were too ashamed to post here under your god-given, legal name?
I think she'd be a lot more unhappy if at a later date I was unemployed due to employers goggling or that she became a target for some reason due to name association, etc, etc. Personally, I will be teaching her not to use her real name upon the interweeb unless it is for a good reason as there are employers, fruitloops , perverts and gnus all over the place waiting to take advantage of her.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The fear that covers you is simultaneously amusing and yet pitiful.

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

But you play the same joke upon yourself each & every time you post under your phony moniker.

Well if I wrote something like 'House Negroes' I wouldn't want to be using my real name either.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.The fear that covers you is simultaneously amusing and yet pitiful..
Easy for the retired or unemployable to say. That you have no dependents makes it easy for you.

Save your nasty little psycho-gnu-babble for the susceptible.
Arik-Alb

Post by Arik-Alb »

Regarding computers being more capable of tasks than humans -

Computers must be programmed by a human, who gives the computer a framework to operate within. A car driving computer can know all the rules of driving, and operate a car, because a human already had those rules in mind. But could a computer understand why it follows certain rules and not others? That's not really what they do - they don't go outside their framework of rules and ask "why", but rather they simply just 'go'.

Humans, however, do question their current framework of beliefs, habits, ways of operating, etc. And this can lead to novel ways of doing things. It seems it's consciousness - the fact that we actually experience existence as being a certain way, with some degree of painfulness of joyfulness - that prompts us to ask "is this really the best way of doing things?", or "is this really true?". It's not just faithfully following rules to he best of our ability, but continuously wondering if the rules we follow are the ones we ought to follow.

So humans are more skilled than computers in tasks requiring questioning and creativity. A computer can drive a car, but it's unlikely a computer could figure out what the optimal future type of transportation for humans would be. Humans could give the computer parameters (like: minimize carbon emissions; maximize speed and safety), but it could not account for any new information that arises without explicitly being programmed to account for it by a human.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Good post.

And WELCOME to the forum!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

So you agree with what he says? Basically that your opinion on computers and robots was incorrect?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I welcomed that young lady into the forum...

Here is what I believe & understand in relation to the thread, YOUR ETERNITY:

I am part of the growing number of individuals that realizes that we never experience death.

We are consciousness.

In a very real sense we cannot not exist. So, whether it is heaven, or hell, or purgatory that characterizes your life, that is your eternity.

I do not understand that we are eternal, for consciousness has not always existed in the cosmos. Consciousness is a quite recent event.

In another vein, we can see, in the replication of robots, we are not of the external world.

This other vantage point also supports the argument of our eternity.

Just watched a robot folding clothes. Robots buy & sell your stocks if you are invested in annuities or mutual funds. Robots will be driving you in your car and I interact with the robot that I have sitting on my shelf in order to play the exact music I would like to hear at the exact time I wish to hear it. Or to find out any facts I wish to know, or to express a message to another individual human or robot.

If they are not capable already robots will soon be able to do everything that you perceive yourself as doing. Including creative writing or working.

Most humans perceive robots as not having consciousness based upon the assumption that they are not conscious of themselves and yet they are much more conscious of their surroundings than any human has ever been capable of being.

We will soon be mimicking, what we perceive to be, ideal personality traits on an individual basis in hope of being a template of a more perfect robot. A robot personality of such that will interact with humans in a most perfect and appropriate way. In this way we will fulfill the initial christian contract of morality.

In these two converging aspects of modern humanity we are able to understand that self-consciousness is in fact our key to investigating eternity. Of better understanding and of being our eternity.

You’re not eternity; your eternity.

YOU ARE A ROBOT:

You play the same joke upon yourself each & every time you post under your phony moniker.

Your robotic nature will not allow you to change & overcome your fear. You are unable to process new information that would allow you to expand your perceptions & oncoming information in relation to information processed here at The Forum.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

I welcomed that young lady into the forum...
You know this how?
Here is what I believe & understand in relation to the thread, YOUR ETERNITY:

I am part of the growing number of individuals that realizes that we never experience death.

We are consciousness.

In a very real sense we cannot not exist. So, whether it is heaven, or hell, or purgatory that characterizes your life, that is your eternity.

I do not understand that we are eternal, for consciousness has not always existed in the cosmos. Consciousness is a quite recent event. ...
Are you referring to yourself in the third-person? Not a good sign.
If they are not capable already robots will soon be able to do everything that you perceive yourself as doing. Including creative writing or working. ...
See this? Your 'young lady' disagreed and you said 'good post' so which bit was good in 'her' post?

YOU ARE A ROBOT:

You play the same joke upon yourself each & every time you post under your phony moniker.
Funny how this never applies to those you think agree with you?
Nope, as one, they understand the value of an attempt at anonymity in this brave new world of goggling employers, two, why should they be tarred with my brush and three, there's a lot of perv's around(take a lot of your images of young women for example). You'd understand this is you had to work and had responsibilities for others. Oh! And four, who's this 'God'?
Your robotic nature will not allow you to change & overcome your fear. You are unable to process new information that would allow you to expand your perceptions & oncoming information in relation to information processed here at The Forum.
Incorrect, my philosophical nature and philosophical training allow me to recognise gnushit when it appears upon this forum. If you ever come up with any new information I will examine and if necessary critique it and only then accept it if it appears useful. So far that has not happened and given what you say about yourself it's not been doing you much good either.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Can I rent a smallish lot in someone else's eternity? I don't think it's the right time to purchase my own.
Arik-Alb

Post by Arik-Alb »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:I welcomed that young lady into the forum...
Actually I'm male, and not all that young. Wondering how you thought this though.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I assume ALL active members here are female unless they use their god-given legal name and I perceive from that that they are otherwise.

I can understand if a female chooses to use a moniker for safety sake...Other than that, if you are using a moniker and you are male on a philosophy forum...you actually are exhibiting female characteristics.

As far as age, since you did not share any personal information as far as your location upon your title stamp, I assume you are female - I was just paying you an innocent complement that I might initially extend to any female here upon the boards.

Welcome!