Overwhelming proof you are not separate from your washing machine!!!

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Overwhelming proof you are not separate from your washing machine!!!

Post by Dalek Prime »

Dontaskme wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Sounds like fun, but it doesn't sound like a practical philosophy for washing clothes, or even bothering to. In fact, it feeds into my antinatalism.
There is nothing separate from the brains interpretation. That which looks through the brain at the world is an unknown presence appearing as a sofa, chair, table, knife, fork etc..Everything is looking at itself, the washing machine is looking, the socks, the clothes, their all what's looking at themselves because looking never ends. it's everywhere at once, can you see any divide between you and your washing machine. Where does one thing start and another thing finish? can you find any dividing line between one thing and another. There is no separate entity behind the looker, and then the object seen. There's just the seen... seeing itself... the world is only known as imaged by the imageless. The place from where looking originates is pure emptiness.

But then you might ask how can emptiness see anything, and my answer would be, what's being looked at is what's looking, the object gives the the emptiness it's presence....do you understand what I'm saying?
Not really. In understand that my consciousness must make a decision on whether things exist or not, and, accept that they do, outside my attention. Analytic philosophy 101.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Dontaskme wrote:The space between you and your washing machine is an illusion.
Space is nothing, so nothing is separating you from your washing machine.
Oh, I get it. This is a rhetorical proof. As space is nothing, then nothing ie. space, separates us. I should have read it clearly the first time.

It's as I said to doc, say that five times fast, expecting him to miss the non-emphasis on the word 'that', which he reasonably did.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dalek Prime wrote:[do you understand what I'm saying?]

Not really. In understand that my consciousness must make a decision on whether things exist or not, and, accept that they do, outside my attention. Analytic philosophy 101.
DP there is nothing outside of yours or anyone else's attention. There is only attention, where attention goes energy flows. Attention has to be static it is completely silent and still, necessary for movement, sight and sound to exist, become knowable.

When attention is fixated on say a bird flying in the sky, the bird and the awareness of that bird are one unitary action. There is not some one here with attention and a bird somewhere else up there in the sky separate from you being aware of it.

Both the bird and the seer meet at exactly the same singular point of contact...the bird is appearing to be separate from you in time and space ...In truth there is nothing separating the bird from the you the seer ... You are the formless timeless invisible seer, or awareness appearing to yourself in form, as the body of a bird or a human ...where can this awareness possibly exist, if not in the illusory world of objects in time and space.

You've probably heard this before I'm sure, that time and space is what stops everything happening all at once. Everything that can and will possibly happen is happening now simultaneously in the eternal now, there is no other place but timelessness space here and now in which every event happens...appears to itself.

Awareness can never be separated from it's contents/events/happenings....everything is appearance, basically everything that IS is appearing out of thin air.

However, this one You... can only become aware of one event at a time as it becomes an experience, and in that single moment nothing else is happening. In the same instant a moment of experience arises.. it is gone. What we know to exist can only be a memory, which is dead stuff believed to be energetically alive now as it becomes aware of.

Unconsciousness makes the decision - only becoming known as it is conscious of the decision....what's happening here is that unconsciousness becomes known to itself, conscious of itself....becoming known to itself. There is no one in consciousness it is unconscious. No one is conscious, consciousness is one.

The knower of anything is a phantom emerging from the unconscious self. Both unconscious and conscious are the same no one thing which is no thing.

Similarly.. both subject and object are one. Subject can only know itself by becoming an object. An object cannot know itself, an object is already known by the subject, thus the subject also becomes known as and through the object it knows.

An object like a washing machine is inside of you not outside of you. The You is always the subject, the washing machine is the object known by the subject only, not by the washing machine itself. No object can exist independently of the subject that knows it. Absolutely nothing exists outside of a conscious experience, every conscious experience is an inside job. For what can be outside of no thing?

An object gives the energetical sense or thought back to the subject, it's part of the feedback loop of being, it reflects back to the one looking that something must be here looking at the object, but the looker can only be found in the object seen...the looker doesn't exist unless the object is there also...therefore both the subject and object are one thing.
do you understand what I'm saying?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

[quote="Dontaskme"]double posted.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

There is thought, and there are things. As I accept those two premises as basic, you must understand why I disagree. Whilst I put consciousness at the center, I reject the Continental approach of having it as the only certainty. I accept the 'things' as well, independent of self.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

D wrote:
The space between you and your washing machine is an illusion.
I mentioned this to my washing machine and it said "Don't get too close or i'll hang you out to dry."

I think its best to keep some space between you and your washing machine. Sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

What you are trying to say is, that your visual field is 2 dimensional. And that the energy patterns generated by photons bouncing off the washing machine that constitute your visual field, are literally touching the sphere of consciousness bounded to your mind. However the washing machne that is touching your consciousness is not actually the washing machine but an echo of the washing machine, a modified ghost of the washing machine, not the actual machine. According to new-agers technically it isn't even the washing machine, because you cannot actually feel it's electricity in your web of electrified spiritual touch senses.

Buddhists try to get their victims to focus in the Now, this is so their victims can reduce the amount of Past and Future, Past and Future being necessary for 3 dimensional thinking. With 2 dimensional thinking it is not possible to perceive distances or separation between self and objects because there is no sensory anticipation of non-activations.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

I'm sure you think that the difference between

(A) the space between you and your washing machine is an illusion

and

(B) the space between you and your washing machine isn't an illusion

is an illusion, so I can say that insofar as (B) goes, you agree with me.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:

When attention is fixated on say a bird flying in the sky, the bird and the awareness of that bird are one unitary action. There is not some one here with attention and a bird somewhere else up there in the sky separate from you being aware of it.
The attention and the bird seem to be separate and there is no point in regarding them as not being..
this one You... can only become aware of one event at a time
Yet you seem unable to argue against the existence of time without referencing time in your argument.
Similarly.. both subject and object are one. Subject can only know itself by becoming an object. An object cannot know itself, an object is already known by the subject, thus the subject also becomes known as and through the object it knows.
This is typical of the mumbo jumbo found in religion. If you're not very bright and you're not paying too much attention it probably sounds profound but if you're of average intelligence and you are paying attention then you can see it for the rubbish it is.
An object like a washing machine is inside of you not outside of you. The You is always the subject, the washing machine is the object known by the subject only, not by the washing machine itself. No object can exist independently of the subject that knows it. Absolutely nothing exists outside of a conscious experience, every conscious experience is an inside job. For what can be outside of no thing?
This is not how it works for human beings, this is not our reality. Our reality has washing machines that are outside of ourselves. What you describe may be applicable to some situation but it's not applicable to our situation. Our situation most certainly includes washing machines that are separate from ourselves.
do you understand what I'm saying?
What you are saying may make for an amusing metaphysical discussion with a friend, as a way of passing the time on a long drive or something. It has, however, no use at all in any practical sense. There is absolutely nothing in any of what you say that is applicable to how we live our lives and relate to the World. If you had just made one post about this alternate universe of yours then that would have been fair enough but why the fuck you keep banging on about it relentlessly is beyond me. If you were to give it a try, you may find that living in a world where subjects and objects are separate things can be quite satisfactory.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Harbal I don't know why you're bothering to attempt a serious discussion with him.

If he's not trolling, he has some sort of mental illness. In either case, you'll get nowhere trying to reason with him.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Terrapin Station wrote:Harbal I don't know why you're bothering to attempt a serious discussion with him.

If he's not trolling, he has some sort of mental illness. In either case, you'll get nowhere trying to reason with him.
Yes, I agree. It's just that I can't resist having a go at him from time to time. Usually, I just tell him what an idiot he is but, for some reason, I thought I'd try being a bit more civilised on this occasion.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Whether separate of not, I do have something in common with it namely going around in circles from time to time; spinning my wheels so to speak, eliminating stains and purifying thoughts. But seriously, :lol:, if I'm not separate from my washing machine then by inference it too can't be separate from anything else which amounts to EVERYTHING existing as ONE both in Being and Equivalence. The question defaults to how are we to operate in this jumbled multiplexed reality if walking toward the washing machine, I'm simultaneously walking toward everything else including, probably, the nearest galaxy, which must be just as close as the most distant quasar! How will I know when I get there which is which?? :shock:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dubious wrote:if walking toward the washing machine, I'm simultaneously walking toward everything else including, probably, the nearest galaxy, which must be just as close as the most distant quasar! How will I know when I get there which is which?? :shock:
The galaxy won't have a drawer for the fabric conditioner, that's one clue.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Harbal wrote:
Dubious wrote:if walking toward the washing machine, I'm simultaneously walking toward everything else including, probably, the nearest galaxy, which must be just as close as the most distant quasar! How will I know when I get there which is which?? :shock:
The galaxy won't have a drawer for the fabric conditioner, that's one clue.
The washing machine I use doesn't have one either! Must I now buy a new washing machine with a fabric conditioner at Home Depot to know where the hell I am in the Universe?