Overwhelming proof you are not separate from your washing machine!!!

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Overwhelming proof you are not separate from your washing machine!!!

Post by Greta »

We are all one - as the shrapnel of the big bang. Fortunately, however, my bank doesn't see it that way, which means all those other parts of me can't unlawfully get hold of this part of me's resources.

What are the practical - realistic - implications of acknowledging our basic unity? It would seem more practical to pay attention to the parts than the whole most of the time.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greta wrote: What are the practical - realistic - implications of acknowledging our basic unity? It would seem more practical to pay attention to the parts than the whole most of the time.
I'm sure Dontaskme realises that, even if he can't bring himself to acknowledge it publicly.
Greta, I'm so glad you've got rid of the dirty oven door, it looked too much like the one in the place I've just moved into and it really is not something I want to be reminded of. I still wish you'd bring back the magic tea pot though.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greta wrote:We are all one - as the shrapnel of the big bang. Fortunately, however, my bank doesn't see it that way, which means all those other parts of me can't unlawfully get hold of this part of me's resources.

What are the practical - realistic - implications of acknowledging our basic unity? It would seem more practical to pay attention to the parts than the whole most of the time.
Time and space tears the Whole into parts anyways including creatures like ourselves who contemplate it as children of time and space. We are conditioned to it since to begin, it's the parts that are most near our sensibilities. Theories seek greater completion by multiplexing these coordinates into sub-structures penultimate to a map which can never be completed. It's also a definition of intelligence as that which consciously strives to integrate itself and not remain apart separated from what, in reality, it is a part of. What other purpose could intelligence have if not to know our place and to some degree, forecast its destiny which, to me, is all about balance and compromise.