Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Explanation of Life

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
No you have not. You are still prevaricating
Others can and will judge who has been prevaricating here.
Since you are a newbie, you may not be aware of the many discussions and explanations I have furnished about the nature of the concept of "mind". Since the thread is about "The explanation of Life", I do not see it has fruitful to get into a childish pissing contest with you on an off-topic discussion that you have only a limited understanding of.
Then why don't you be a gentleman and do the noble thing by linking Ken who in my opinion is the only true gentleman here, to your threads regarding the nature of the concept of ''mind'' and stop acting like a pompous arse wannabe know it all.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Since you are a newbie, you may not be aware of the many discussions and explanations I have furnished about the nature of the concept of "mind". Since the thread is about "The explanation of Life", I do not see it has fruitful to get into a childish pissing contest with you on an off-topic discussion that you have only a limited understanding of.
Then why don't you be a gentleman and do the noble thing by linking Ken who in my opinion is the only true gentleman here, to your threads regarding the nature of the concept of ''mind'' and stop acting like a pompous arse wannabe know it all.
There is a perfectly good search function. He can trawl my entire contribution in minute and find my most unguarded statement with which to bang me over the head with.
No need for me to find my best ones to shame him.
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
No you have not. You are still prevaricating
Since you are a newbie, you may not be aware of the many discussions and explanations I have furnished about the nature of the concept of "mind".
Well then I am now more baffled as to why you just did not provide a link earlier to one of the many explanations that you have allegedly furnished about the nature of the concept of the "mind". Maybe you are just still prevaricating now because you still not provide a link to anything you have furnished.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Since the thread is about "The explanation of Life", I do not see it has fruitful to get into a childish pissing contest with you on an off-topic discussion that you have only a limited understanding of.
The only thing I have got into with you is trying to gain an understanding of your explanation of 'Mind'. If you do not provide any explanation at all, then I can not gain any understanding of your perception of what the Mind is. All that has taken place here is you said that my explanation of the Mind was "stupid", and all I have done is to ask you, "What exactly is the Mind, to you?" We are still waiting for something from you other than you prevaricating.

Why do you now say it is an off-topic discussion? You could have said that way earlier.

Also, how would you know how much understanding of the 'Mind' I actually have. Your prevaricating persona shows that you have no understanding at all of what the Mind actually is.

It is extremely easy to call out, "How stupid", if you do not agree with another's explanation of the Mind, but to not provide any explanation yourself at all especially when asked, "What exactly is the Mind, to you?" seems rather foolish and more stupid, to Me. This is an open forum where people are seeing exactly what you are doing, and not doing.

Either explain what the Mind is, to you, or provide a link or a direction to one of the supposed many explanations you allege are here in this forum. Or do you expect us who are interested to know your explanation of the Mind to go and look through all of your many discussions and find your explanation/s ourselves?
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
There is a perfectly good search function. He can trawl my entire contribution in minute and find my most unguarded statement with which to bang me over the head with.
What has "shame" got to do with anything?

Is this not a philosophical forum? This to Me is a forum where we all come to become wiser. I thought this is where we come to learn from each other. I know I am extremely simple and do not grasp most of what human beings do, but I was absolutely clueless that anything was about shaming others, especially in philosophical discussions. I was on the understanding that most human beings already knew by now WHY some people understand and know some things while others do not understand and know the same things, and that that is perfectly normal to not know some thing, YET.

By the way some people speak around here they come across as though they KNOW some things, so I just thought when I ask them what do they know or what exactly is some thing, to them, I wrongly thought that they would just explain how they see that thing. I am only asking for their view, nothing else.

I was also on the understanding that because of how the Mind and the brain works that they already knew that what they perceive some thing is and how they view that thing as being, is only their own perception and not necessarily what is actually true, right, and correct. I am slow and simple but I am learning more all the time. What I am learning now is that some people actually believe, that on their own, that they actually KNOW what some things ARE and KNOW what is actually right and wrong in Life, and if others do not agree with their (own) knowledge or what they know, then they will just call the "others" degrading names and try to lower them and their views, in the hope that they can somehow make themselves upper and higher than the "others".

Some human beings really have learned to try to put others down by downgrading other's points of view, with non factual talk, instead of just supporting each other and helping each other to learn and understand more about Life, and how Life actually works. There does not really appear to be much more love-of-learning and teaching anymore among human beings. Degrading and ridicule seems to be the way to go in this age.

I do not understand why you would say anything about "banging over the head". I am just wondering what your explanation of the Mind is, from you, (your viewpoint). If I learn more, then great. If I do not, then great also. I never loose anything. As long as I remain open I just become wiser, either way.

I might be able to trawl your whole contribution in a minute with the search engine, but it will still take, especially, Me ages to read ALL of them to find what it is you want Me to find and see. Whereas 'you' know what you wrote and what the thinking is behind your explanation of what the Mind actually is that 'you' have, therefore it would be so much easier for you to guide or link us to your direct explanation of what exactly the Mind is, to 'you'. If you really want us to see it, I am pretty sure you would have guided us to it by now. Or, better still just provided one here.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
What has "shame" got to do with anything?.
It's a shame what you write.
It's a shame what you think.
And its a shame you think you are capable of contributing to this Forum..
Now, do you wish you'd never asked that question?
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
No not at all. I am now even more inquisitive about your actual views. WHY you wrongly assumed what you just did and WHY you believe you are better than others are I already know, but, WHAT explanation 'you' give for what the 'Mind' actually is, I and others are still waiting for your respone. So, I am more than happy with the very simple question I asked you.

By the way I never thought I was capable of contributing to this forum. I never intended to contribute anything to this forum, which I have already outlined previously. I am here to learn how to express better, and an unintentional outcome of this asking questions to others in order to learn more, the responses like the ones you give actually are showing and proving to future readers about how the Mind and the brain actually work, which by the way is what I want to learn how to express better.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
No not at all. I am now even more inquisitive about your actual views. WHY you wrongly assumed what you just did and WHY you believe you are better than others are I already know, but, WHAT explanation 'you' give for what the 'Mind' actually is, I and others are still waiting for your respone. So, I am more than happy with the very simple question I asked you.

By the way I never thought I was capable of contributing to this forum. I never intended to contribute anything to this forum, which I have already outlined previously. I am here to learn how to express better, and an unintentional outcome of this asking questions to others in order to learn more, the responses like the ones you give actually are showing and proving to future readers about how the Mind and the brain actually work, which by the way is what I want to learn how to express better.
Verbal Diarrhoea.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
Ken, I searched through Hobbes posts for what he claims he knows about explaining what the mind is and how it works. I found nothing. He knows nothing about what he claims to know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Verbal Diarrhoea.
Philosophers of science point out that science doesn't answer why questions, it only answers how questions.
Science doesn't explain; science describes.This is what the establishment mistakenly identifies with Science.

The authentic spirit of science thrives when the valve to communication is opened.

The replacement of impartial reviewing by censorship will be the death of science.

Please continue with your Verbal Diarrhoea if that's all you are open to, lets hope you don't end up having to swallow it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Verbal Diarrhoea.
Philosophers of science point out that science doesn't answer why questions, it only answers how questions.
Science doesn't explain; science describes.

True so far - I could have said exactly the same thing myself - it could even be a cut and paste of my words.
However..... The rest is bollocks. Non sequitur, gibberish. Do you even know what you are typing?

This is what the establishment mistakenly identifies with Science.

The authentic spirit of science thrives when the valve to communication is opened.

The replacement of impartial reviewing by censorship will be the death of science.

Please continue with your Verbal Diarrhoea if that's all you are open to, lets hope you don't end up having to swallow it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
Ken, I searched through Hobbes posts for what he claims he knows about explaining what the mind is and how it works. I found nothing. He knows nothing about what he claims to know.
Look harder!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
Look harder!
Yeah. Run away, run away from your obligation to back up your ridiculous claims.

Wait for the echo! :shock:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Look harder!
Yeah. Run away, run away from your obligation to back up your ridiculous claims.

What is my ridiculous claim?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Look harder!

Exactly!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:

Exactly!
I've not made any claims here. So you are still wrong.