So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: The Explanation of Life

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
You allegedly have so much esoteric knowledge yet you do not or can not share any of that knowledge here. I would suggest the latter has more truth to it.
If I thought for a moment that you even understood the word esoteric, I'd be interested to respond.
Extremely typical response from you. You are unable to answer a question asked of you so you will attempt any and everything you can to turn the attention aware from this fact.

AGAIN, What is the Mind?
If I told you, it would no longer be esoteric.
:lol: :lol:
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
If I thought for a moment that you even understood the word esoteric, I'd be interested to respond.
Extremely typical response from you. You are unable to answer a question asked of you so you will attempt any and everything you can to turn the attention aware from this fact.

AGAIN, What is the Mind?
Just more proof of your inability to answer questions posed to you.

You write, "How stupid", regarding my view, yet you are unable to explain this in any way at all. You are just trying to degrade others so that can you feel a lit bit better about yourself, and appear more intelligent. But the truth is actually the opposite is happening here now.

You are able to call another's view of the 'Mind' stupid, yet you can not provide any view whatsoever of what the Mind actually is, to you. Now how stupid is that? What is happening here is being judged by the readers. I have absolutely nothing to fear nor be ashamed of.

It is already becoming obvious to us that the knowledge you have of what the 'Mind' actually is not esoteric at all, as the knowledge you have of the 'Mind' is actually the exact same as most people have. You and they have absolutely no idea of what the 'Mind' actually is.

Feel free to prove Me wrong. I am sure a lot of the readers here are also very interested to see just how much, or how little, knowledge of this topic you actually have. Your interest, or lack of interest, to share should highlight just how much, or little, you actually know.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Folks, before you attempt to write a philosophy book, read not only a ton of philosophy, but read widely in the sciences, the other humanities, etc., too. You do not need a formal graduate degree, but you should independently attain an equivalent knowledge base to what you'd have if you had attained a graduate degree. (You probably shouldn't attempt writing a book in any field if your knowledge base is only equivalent to a bachelor's degree.) You need to be familiar with the received views of a lot of different fields and subdisciplines, and you need to be capable of independent thought in the context of those received views.

At the very least you shouldn't attempt a book based on an analysis of order/chaos, a book hinging on the idea of randomness, when you're not even familiar with how order and chaos are scientifically/mathematically defined (as vaguely as especially chaos tends to be defined), or when you aren't even familiar with whether the received view in the sciences posits phenomena such as dice rolls as literally random.
OuterLimits

Post by OuterLimits »

ken wrote:
OuterLimits wrote:
ken wrote:
To Me there is no 'other' minds. There is only one Mind.
What is your explanation for why we cannot simply read one another's thoughts?
Good question. The reason is because thoughts are NOT the Mind. Some people confuse thoughts with the Mind. They are not the same thing.

Obviously within each unique individual human body there are a set of uniquely individual set of thoughts. We can sometimes know (or read) these thoughts, but we are never actually really sure we are right, until we clarify with the other individual. We can really only take a guess at what another is thinking but because on very few occasions we do get it right, we therefore can actually read another's thoughts, which is mistakenly referred to and sometimes called, "reading minds".

Knowing what another is thinking is a whole other thing compared to the Mind and how It works. There is an instinctual knowing of what is right and what is wrong in Life, which lays deep within every human being and to most people of today is unconsciously known. This commonly shared knowledge among all human beings is seen and understood from the Mind. When looking at the issue of morality, for example, from the completely open Mind, then being able to understand how ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge can be very easily seen, understood, and reasoned. Therefore, actually being able to read the one and only knowing or knowledge of the one and only Mind, and know for sure that every other human being shares this exact same knowledge and knowing, means that human beings can actually read and know the Mind.

All this would seem strange and completely unusual because of how the people's of "nowadays" actual "understand", or completely misunderstand, how the Mind and the brain actually works. But all this can and will be able to be explained fully and easily once I learn how to do it. Explaining all of this just takes some time because just like every other human being who when trying to explain something that is relatively new knows how hard it is to explain something that others believe is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know. The actual 'belief system' is the only thing between the full power and potential of the open Mind creating what it is that all human beings want and most human beings stuck in the old-age tradition of extremely slow progression towards betterment. How the people's live in "nowadays" will be laughed at so much in the not to distant future.
File under: New Age Hand-waving, Relatively Detail Free
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Terrapin Station wrote:Folks, before you attempt to write a philosophy book, read not only a ton of philosophy, but read widely in the sciences, the other humanities, etc., too. You do not need a formal graduate degree, but you should independently attain an equivalent knowledge base to what you'd have if you had attained a graduate degree. (You probably shouldn't attempt writing a book in any field if your knowledge base is only equivalent to a bachelor's degree.) You need to be familiar with the received views of a lot of different fields and subdisciplines, and you need to be capable of independent thought in the context of those received views.

At the very least you shouldn't attempt a book based on an analysis of order/chaos, a book hinging on the idea of randomness, when you're not even familiar with how order and chaos are scientifically/mathematically defined (as vaguely as especially chaos tends to be defined), or when you aren't even familiar with whether the received view in the sciences posits phenomena such as dice rolls as literally random.

Is this your "explanation of life" or just some gratuitous advice?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:

AGAIN, What is the Mind?
You seem to have a habit of asking this question. Don't you know what the mind is, or do you have some personally hatched bit of flim-flam which you use in place of a reasonable explanation?
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You seem to have a habit of asking this question. Don't you know what the mind is, or do you have some personally hatched bit of flim-flam which you use in place of a reasonable explanation?
I know EXACTLY what the Mind is. Your refusal to provide an answer to the question obviously proves you do NOT know. You have not even attempted to give any reasonable explanation. Is that because you can not? Trying to always side-step the question in no way helps your attempt at superiority responses.
ken

Post by ken »

OuterLimits wrote:
ken wrote:
OuterLimits wrote:
What is your explanation for why we cannot simply read one another's thoughts?
Good question. The reason is because thoughts are NOT the Mind. Some people confuse thoughts with the Mind. They are not the same thing.

Obviously within each unique individual human body there are a set of uniquely individual set of thoughts. We can sometimes know (or read) these thoughts, but we are never actually really sure we are right, until we clarify with the other individual. We can really only take a guess at what another is thinking but because on very few occasions we do get it right, we therefore can actually read another's thoughts, which is mistakenly referred to and sometimes called, "reading minds".

Knowing what another is thinking is a whole other thing compared to the Mind and how It works. There is an instinctual knowing of what is right and what is wrong in Life, which lays deep within every human being and to most people of today is unconsciously known. This commonly shared knowledge among all human beings is seen and understood from the Mind. When looking at the issue of morality, for example, from the completely open Mind, then being able to understand how ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge can be very easily seen, understood, and reasoned. Therefore, actually being able to read the one and only knowing or knowledge of the one and only Mind, and know for sure that every other human being shares this exact same knowledge and knowing, means that human beings can actually read and know the Mind.

All this would seem strange and completely unusual because of how the people's of "nowadays" actual "understand", or completely misunderstand, how the Mind and the brain actually works. But all this can and will be able to be explained fully and easily once I learn how to do it. Explaining all of this just takes some time because just like every other human being who when trying to explain something that is relatively new knows how hard it is to explain something that others believe is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know. The actual 'belief system' is the only thing between the full power and potential of the open Mind creating what it is that all human beings want and most human beings stuck in the old-age tradition of extremely slow progression towards betterment. How the people's live in "nowadays" will be laughed at so much in the not to distant future.
File under: New Age Hand-waving, Relatively Detail Free
File it under anywhere you like. How much detail do you want? No one yet has ever provided any clear cut detailed definition of the Mind. The reason why you have not provided any response to refute what I have said here is because you can not find anything written that provides a clear understanding of the Mind yet.

This is a view I have, which corresponds with many other views that form together perfectly to show a clear cut distinct and true big picture of Life. My view may be right, it may be completely wrong, it may even be partly right and wrong. We will just have to wait and see. At least this view, which would obviously be a new view to you, does not just rehash the same old out-dated, conflicting rubbish that is already written. If people want to continue reading all the "supported" information and cling to that as those it is real, then they would still be believing that the sun revolves around earth. Just sometimes the "new age hand-waving, (yet) relatively detail free" information has far more truth in it, then what is considered to be true and right information previously.

Also, more detail can and will be provided to the inquisitive. But nothing could nor would be given to the uninterested.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
I know EXACTLY what the Mind is. .
Then stop asking the question.
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: You seem to have a habit of asking this question. Don't you know what the mind is, or do you have some personally hatched bit of flim-flam which you use in place of a reasonable explanation?
Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for to show as evidence and proof to others in this last experiment. That experiment was to show exactly how the way the brain will state it knows something, but then when challenged is unable to provide any answer at all.

You have a habit of doing this, so thank you again.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
Obviously within each unique individual human body there are a set of uniquely individual set of thoughts. We can sometimes
know ( or read ) these thoughts but we are never actually really sure we are right until we clarify with the other individual

Even then one cannot be absolutely certain for they could be lying. And the methodologies
of lie detection are not foolproof which is the reason why one cannot be absolutely certain

We can really only take a guess at what another is thinking but because on very few occasions we do get it right we
therefore can actually read anothers thoughts which is mistakenly referred to and sometimes called reading minds

More a case of making a logical deduction based upon available information and facial expressions and body language

Knowing what another is thinking is a whole other thing compared to the Mind and how It works. There is an instinctual knowing of
what is right and what is wrong in Life which lays deep within every human being and to most people of today is unconsciously known

Do sociopaths and psychopaths share this instinctual knowing of what is right and what is wrong with the rest of the population

This commonly shared knowledge among all human beings is seen and understood from the Mind

Define precisely what you mean by the Mind and how it is it different from the mind

When looking at the issue of morality for example from the completely open Mind

How do you know that the Mind is completely open with regard to the issue of morality

then being able to understand how ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge

How do you know ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge

can be very easily seen understood and reasoned. Therefore actually being able to read the one and only knowing or
knowledge of the one and only Mind and know for sure that every other human being shares this exact same knowledge

How do you know for sure that every other human being shares this knowledge

and knowing means that human beings can actually read and know the Mind. All this would seem strange and completely unusual
because of how the peoples of nowadays actual understand or completely misunderstand how the Mind and the brain actually works

So there are others who also understand how the Mind works so this is not unique to you

But all this can and will be able to be explained fully and easily once I learn how to do it

Explaining all of this just takes some time

Even though you are explaining it anyway

because just like every other human being who when trying to explain something that is relatively new

Why do you think that it is relatively new

knows how hard it is to explain something that others believe is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know

Is there a sound reason as to why would others believe it is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know

The actual belief system

What belief system

is the only thing between the full power and potential of the open Mind creating what it is that all human beings want

How do you know what all human beings want

and most human beings stuck in the old age tradition of extremely slow progression towards betterment

Do you know of a better way that has been tried

How the peoples live in nowadays will be laughed at so much in the not to distant future

How do you know what will happen in the future
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for to show as evidence and proof to others in this last experiment. That experiment was to show exactly how the way the brain will state it knows something, but then when challenged is unable to provide any answer at all.

I am under no obligation to teach you what "mind" means.
However, let me know what you think it is and I can put you straight.
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
Obviously within each unique individual human body there are a set of uniquely individual set of thoughts. We can sometimes
know ( or read ) these thoughts but we are never actually really sure we are right until we clarify with the other individual

Even then one cannot be absolutely certain for they could be lying. And the methodologies
of lie detection are not foolproof which is the reason why one cannot be absolutely certain

Yes that is very true. I forget about the absolute trust that is needed, which is a very rare thing to find nowadays, in this day and age. It will, however, be discovered that it is usually only the people that are closest to us, the ones that we trust the most, which are the only ones that we can know the thoughts of. Further to this is the stronger a trust becomes for each other, then the closer all involved become, and then the more the ability to know (or read) each other's thoughts.

We can really only take a guess at what another is thinking but because on very few occasions we do get it right we
therefore can actually read anothers thoughts which is mistakenly referred to and sometimes called reading minds

More a case of making a logical deduction based upon available information and facial expressions and body language

I agree totally that knowing what another is thinking, and feeling for that matter, is a case of being based upon available information, facial expressions and body language, but sadly this ability to know another's thoughts, and feelings, is wrongly termed "reading minds".

Knowing what another is thinking is a whole other thing compared to the Mind and how It works. There is an instinctual knowing of
what is right and what is wrong in Life which lays deep within every human being and to most people of today is unconsciously known

Do sociopaths and psychopaths share this instinctual knowing of what is right and what is wrong with the rest of the population

Yes.

This commonly shared knowledge among all human beings is seen and understood from the Mind

Define precisely what you mean by the Mind and how it is it different from the mind

There is no difference between the Mind and the mind. To Me, there is only one Mind, but I have noticed when most people use the term 'mind' they are actually referring to thoughts. On most occasions the word 'mind' can be equally exchanged for and have the exact same meaning as the word 'thoughts'. The word 'mind' in general usage usually refers to the set of thoughts in an individual.

To Me, however, the one and only 'Mind' is defined by, what some people refer to as the 'right brain'. The 'Mind' is the creative part, or side, of being human. The Mind is always open and what allows human beings to progress forward way beyond any other, that we know of, animal has. The always open Mind is our ability to learn, understand, and reason absolutely any and every thing. The Mind has the ability to learn anything, It is what has allowed us to dream up, invent, plan, and create everything that we have so far. Being open will also allow us to learn how to create everything we will into the future also. The Mind is the creator, within us. The open Mind allows us to do, create, and achieve all that we want to do, create, and achieve.

The Mind works in this way of being absolutely open to absolutely anything, whereas, the brain works in the way like a computer does. The brain can only put out what has been put into it. The brain only grasps information, which has been fed into it, through and from the five senses, therefore the brain, obviously, can only think from, or only has thoughts about, the environment from which it has had been exposed to. The brain can only think from what the body it is in has had previously experiences of. So, the brain can only think from what it has been exposed to, and think about the time and place that it exists in.

The brain can only grasp certain information (input), and then form thoughts in the way of knowledge (output), with that information. These thoughts are, literally, the brain thinking, what is right and wrong. Whereas, the Mind has the ability to know what is right and wrong. The Mind can imagine, and thus allow a much bigger picture than the brain can. For example, a brain existing in this day and age has continually had information fed into it telling it that it needs money to live. This brain will then think, and have the thoughts, 'We need money to live'. Whereas the Mind (or what some call "right brain") has the ability to look beyond the thinking and see the Truth, that is the knowing.

The brain thinks - it knows what is right.
The Mind knows - what is right.

When looking at the issue of morality for example from the completely open Mind

How do you know that the Mind is completely open with regard to the issue of morality

Because the Mind is always open. Human beings only close the Mind with their beliefs and assumptions, and with their thoughts of 'I am right'.

The one and only Mind is never closed. It has always been open and always will be that way.

How do I know this for sure? That is a question that you could answer by, and for, yourself. There is no thing that I write that is implied nor asserted to being absolutely true, right, and or correct. Absolutely every thing is open. I am not trying to convince any one of any thing and I am certainly not wanting any one to believe anything that I say. I just want people to look at and listen to my views from the completely open viewpoint of the Mind. There you will find all the answers by, and for, yourself. Only you will know if they are the true and right answers, anyway, you could try an experiment and see what answer/s come to you. Try and not be completely open to absolutely anything. If you can not be open to absolutely everything, then you will not know that how the Mind is completely open to everything. However, if you can be completely open to absolutely everything, then you will know how the Mind is completely open to everything, including morality. You will KNOW this for yourself because you came to this knowledge by yourself.

I can be open to absolutely any and every thing, so that is HOW I KNOW that the Mind is completely open with regard to the issue of morality.

Just for your information there is one thing that I am not open to, and thus believe in, and that is that I have a belief in the Self can do and achieve absolutely anything that it truly wants to do and achieve. I have to have this belief otherwise I will not be able to create what I have set out to create, that is showing how a truly peaceful world can be created for everyone.

then being able to understand how ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge

How do you know ALL human beings share this one exact same knowledge

Because all human beings start out having the exact same experiences. All conscious knowledge comes from experiences, so sharing the exact same experiences means all human beings share the one exact same knowledge, of what is right and wrong.

can be very easily seen understood and reasoned. Therefore actually being able to read the one and only knowing or
knowledge of the one and only Mind and know for sure that every other human being shares this exact same knowledge

How do you know for sure that every other human being shares this knowledge

How I know that all human beings share this knowledge is because I know that every human being could agree with it. If some knowledge is sound and valid, is unambiguous, and can not be disputed nor refuted, then every person could agree with it. But this can only be known for sure and proven when all human beings come together and share what knowledge they have and commonly share. If there is one exact same knowledge that all human beings share, then that is the proof of HOW I KNOW/KNEW. Until then "it is just talk", as some might say.

and knowing means that human beings can actually read and know the Mind. All this would seem strange and completely unusual
because of how the peoples of nowadays actual understand or completely misunderstand how the Mind and the brain actually works

So there are others who also understand how the Mind works so this is not unique to you

No it is not unique to Me to say I know how the Mind works. Any person can say they understand how the Mind works. There could, in fact, be as many differing people saying that they know or understand how the Mind works as there are as many differing unique ways posed of how the Mind works and vice versa. But maybe the truth is that only one of those ways is actually how the Mind actually works. I think there is really not that much agreement on how the Mind works, in this day and age. In fact I think there is not much agreement at all, yet, on what the Mind actually is, let alone understanding how It actually works.

But all this can and will be able to be explained fully and easily once I learn how to do it

Explaining all of this just takes some time

Even though you are explaining it anyway

If it is being explained here and now, then all and well good. But I am only here to learn how to explain it.

because just like every other human being who when trying to explain something that is relatively new

Why do you think that it is relatively new

Because I have not yet heard nor read anything that has brought all human beings together as one. Although this knowledge is not new in the sense that it is already unconsciously known, deep within, and, it is not new in the sense that all parts of this relatively "new" knowledge has probably already been talked about in parts only and discussed in some form or another. But the reason this knowledge is relatively new is because when ALL the right parts are looked at together, in the right order, they show how all human beings are able to find and to know they have the right answers or knowledge that shows how all human beings can live together in peace and harmony.

knows how hard it is to explain something that others believe is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know

Is there a sound reason as to why would others believe it is impossible to know or disbelieve it is possible to know

Yes. If and when people believe they already know some thing, then they are not open to anything otherwise. Even proof and evidence can not be seen when beliefs are being upheld.

The actual belief system

What belief system

That system, which closes human beings off to the Truth. That system that works on believing and disbelieving things. Depending on how much a belief is being upheld, this will effect how much that person is then able to learn, understand, and reason. The stronger a person believes, or disbelieves, some thing, then the less they are able to learn, understand, and reason.

is the only thing between the full power and potential of the open Mind creating what it is that all human beings want

How do you know what all human beings want

The same way that you also know what all human beings want also. That way is by finding what experiences all human beings shared and knowing what you wanted at that experience, and then seeing if any other person would have wanted any thing differently. If there is not, then you having the knowing of what all human beings want. For example all human beings were born (shared experience), what did you want at that time? Would any other human being wanted any thing differently? If not, then you know what all human beings want. Although that want may be different for adult human beings, if younger human beings were given what they wanted, and needed to learn what is right in Life, then they would not have grown up to be older human beings wanting the things they desire now.

and most human beings stuck in the old age tradition of extremely slow progression towards betterment

Do you know of a better way that has been tried

Yes. Instead of younger human beings copying and following on from what older human beings teach about what they think is right and wrong in Life, older human beings can learn and understand far more about what is actually right and wrong in Life by listening to, and I mean really listening to, the youngest human beings.

How the peoples live in nowadays will be laughed at so much in the not to distant future

How do you know what will happen in the future
Because I have seen what happens with new knowledge. I have also experienced what will become known. From observing what happens with relatively new knowledge and knowing what will become known, I know what will happen when this "new" knowledge is revealed and understood.
TSBU

Explanation of quotes

Post by TSBU »

You don't need to put a whole post in a quote, it's completely useless in this case. Two fucking lines.... Just put the part you are answering... or nothing. Quotes serve this purpose: to make easier to the reader. If you put a big quote to answer a person, it's worse to the reader. That's the reason why why have pages, that's why we don't put all the fucking thread in one page, we separate in paragraphs, we don't say the same over and over...
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

I am under no obligation to teach you what "mind" means.
Of course you are under no obligation. But I could also say the same to you that "I am under no obligation to teach you any thing", but I am not arrogant enough nor stupid enough to talk like that.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:However, let me know what you think it is and I can put you straight.
You are doing exactly what you did last time. That is you tell me to give my definition of some thing, then you tell My that I am wrong, YET, when I ask you for your definition or meaning of that word you provide absolutely nothing at all. By the way even when my definition is a direct copy of a dictionary's definition you still attempt to tell Me that I am wrong.

Also, I have already expressed what the Mind is, and you said, "How stupid", which is the very reason WHY I have been continually asking you to provide your answer to what the Mind is. But you will not do this. The very reason WHY you will not is becoming more and more obvious.